Na'vi Novel Writing Month...

Started by Amaya, September 19, 2010, 03:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pxia Säsngap

Quote from: Puvomun on September 21, 2011, 03:14:52 AM
Quote from: Le'eylan on September 20, 2011, 01:14:53 PM
'ä'! 2600 words already >___<
I happened to start a bit early  :D

I see someone is warming up the fingers already... ;)

HRH! I guess that's a good idea, because after the WriMo I expect everyone's fingers to be some stumpy bloody crippled leavings of what we call fingers now ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
Eywa ayngahu
Ma oeyä eylan aynga oeru yawne lu <3 ;D :D ;D

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Le'eylan

Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Pxia Säsngap

Quote from: Le'eylan on September 22, 2011, 06:35:57 AM
5000  :-[

you make me jealous ma le'eylan ;D :D ;D :D ;D
but you can't take these words into account... :( you need to stop and then restart novembre 1st.... ;)
Eywa ayngahu

Le'eylan

Quote from: Pxia Säsngap on September 22, 2011, 06:45:50 AM
Quote from: Le'eylan on September 22, 2011, 06:35:57 AM
5000  :-[

you make me jealous ma le'eylan ;D :D ;D :D ;D
but you can't take these words into account... :( you need to stop and then restart novembre 1st.... ;)
Oh I know,
I'm just proud of myself for finally writing again :)
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Pxia Säsngap

You can totally be proud... ;D :D ;D :D ;D  I didn't write for a while either.. (except for the scripts I needed for my film projects...) And I'm really champing at the bit to get started... ;D :D ;D :D ;D But I will force myself to wait until november ;D :D ;D :D ;D And I have to do/finish some other things before november anyway :)
Eywa ayngahu

Puvomun

Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Puvomun

My newest Hilda the wicked witch story just hit 66K words.

I want to keep the flow going, so I can roll on when November comes. Not long now, people.

Are you ready?

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Plumps

Ready as can be... I hope ;)

I'm trying to get in the mood as well... The story I am working on right now (and that I want to finish until November) is about 21k words now... It was never conceived as a novel, more as a short story ... I guess, I can call it novella now ;D

Mìftxele, I was wondering whether you have a specific writing programme that works for you. Since I have a few problems with files bigger than 20-50 pages in word I tried to find other solutions. Via the NaNoWriMo site I stumbled across Scrivener and Ulysses. Has anybody tried them out? What do you use?

I know it's maybe a bit off-topic, but I didn't know where else to ask this... :-\

Kxamtxon Tsamsiyu

I am really looking forward to it. I started brainstorming on my Wattpad account and already have the character names down and such., now I'm just waiting for November to get here. I am really excited because this will be my first attempt at a novel, all of my other writings have been short stories or poems.  :D :) Good luck everyone!!!!

"First it was just orders, then everything changed.." ~Jake Sully
Neytiri & Jake

Ekirä

Quote from: Plumps on October 09, 2011, 03:53:38 PM
Ready as can be... I hope ;)

I'm trying to get in the mood as well... The story I am working on right now (and that I want to finish until November) is about 21k words now... It was never conceived as a novel, more as a short story ... I guess, I can call it novella now ;D

Mìftxele, I was wondering whether you have a specific writing programme that works for you. Since I have a few problems with files bigger than 20-50 pages in word I tried to find other solutions. Via the NaNoWriMo site I stumbled across Scrivener and Ulysses. Has anybody tried them out? What do you use?

I know it's maybe a bit off-topic, but I didn't know where else to ask this... :-\

I know my sister used Scrivener for last year's NaNo and she loves it, I've never used it, though. This year I'm just using Bean, which features a live word count (useful ;)). But, as far as I can tell it's a really simple program. :)

Quote from: Kxamtxon Tsamsiyu on October 09, 2011, 04:52:45 PM
I am really looking forward to it. I started brainstorming on my Wattpad account and already have the character names down and such., now I'm just waiting for November to get here. I am really excited because this will be my first attempt at a novel, all of my other writings have been short stories or poems.  :D :) Good luck everyone!!!!

Welcome to NaNo! :D I'd love to add you as a buddy, what's your name (or user number) on the website?

Puvomun

Quote from: Plumps on October 09, 2011, 03:53:38 PM

I live by Writer's Café (www.writerscafe.co.uk). It is perfect. My stories, and some hit over 300 pages, have no problems in it. You can download a limited trial version to play with. The program is quite cheap as well: €28 / US$40. The man who wrote it, Julian Smart, is married to an author, and they together worked out the way the program should work.

You can define characters, locations, have chapters per card or scenes per card, options for several story lines inside the story, and much more. Give it a try, it's free. :)

Ngopyu ayvurä.

eejmensenikbenhet

Just signed up on the NaNoWriMo website, ready to write... Well, actually, I have no idea what I'm going to write about... :-\
When I write something I come up with things so I never have a plan. I've got a writing contest on another forum until Oktober 31 so I can get used to writing a lot of words every day.

Current strategy:
Write a story until November is over, then edit it so it looks nice. I usually tend to edit my story whilst writing.

Puvomun

Quote from: eejmensenikbenhet on October 10, 2011, 10:25:18 AM
Current strategy:
Write a story until November is over, then edit it so it looks nice. I usually tend to edit my story whilst writing.

This is exactly what Nano is for. Write, don't think. Shut up your inner editor. Good luck, have fun!

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Plumps

Quote from: Puvomun on October 09, 2011, 10:46:25 PM
I live by Writer's Café (www.writerscafe.co.uk). [...]

You can define characters, locations, have chapters per card or scenes per card, options for several story lines inside the story, and much more. Give it a try, it's free. :)
Definitely sounds interesting.

Roaming through all of these programmes I noticed that almost all of them have a similar basic look (Judging from the sceenshots that they showed on Writer's Café). It's what's going on besides and behind it that makes the difference. A lot of the creators say, giving the work the final form is not that important because one should concentrate on writing and being creative. Now, I have tried out Scrivener which also had the function of character sketches, time line, word count, card boards etc. Plus, the site has some great tips, the creator seems friendly and knows what he is doing. Overall the programme would be perfect but converting it to another format is a quest in itself.
Which lets me choose Ulysses instead... In the end, to feel comfortable with your chosen programme is what's most important. As long as it helps you being creative and getting that story out ;)

I've got a writing contest on another forum until Oktober 31 so I can get used to writing a lot of words every day.
Well, don't be shy, ma eejmensenikbenhet, dish! What kind of contest is that? :)

Puvomun

Quote from: Plumps on October 10, 2011, 12:56:00 PM
Now, I have tried out Scrivener which also had the function of character sketches, time line, word count, card boards etc. Plus, the site has some great tips, the creator seems friendly and knows what he is doing. Overall the programme would be perfect but converting it to another format is a quest in itself.

*grin* Writer's Café lets you export your work to OpenDocument Format and several other formats, including screenplay software. And you can use a default style for it, or design your own.

And yes, feeling good with your software is the best thing you can have. A friend of mine uses Liquid Binders and loves that. I tried it, but I am too much Writer's Café minded already. L.B. is very good though.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

eejmensenikbenhet

I've got a writing contest on another forum until Oktober 31 so I can get used to writing a lot of words every day.
Well, don't be shy, ma eejmensenikbenhet, dish! What kind of contest is that? :)
Well the LN forums are not the only one I visit daily. One of the others is "De Weerwolven van Wakkerdam" focussing around playing the online version of a card game of the same name (known as "The Werewolfs of Millers Hollow / Die Werwölfe von Düsterwald / Les Loups-Garous de Thiercelieux" in other countries). Someone got the idea to start up a writing contest there and we now have to send in a story between 5 and 5000 words before November 1th and the winner gets some (online) prizes. Nice to have a warming-up before NaNoWriMo.

archaic

Quote from: eejmensenikbenhet on October 10, 2011, 04:29:28 PM
[/color]
Well the LN forums are not the only one I visit daily. One of the others is "De Weerwolven van Wakkerdam" focussing around playing the online version of a card game of the same name (known as "The Werewolfs of Millers Hollow / Die Werwölfe von Düsterwald / Les Loups-Garous de Thiercelieux" in other countries). Someone got the idea to start up a writing contest there and we now have to send in a story between 5 and 5000 words before November 1th and the winner gets some (online) prizes. Nice to have a warming-up before NaNoWriMo.
Barely visit any other forums I'm a member of, scince I joined this one!  :-[
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Puvomun

I think I have the perfect opening line for my Nano story.

"You can stop now. He's dead."

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Pxia Säsngap

hey, wow, that sounds quite interesting and is a great hook :)
last story i wrote started with "Everything was a bit different from usual that evening"   i guess it's another genre but i think it's also a good hook, isn't it? ;D :D ;D :D ;D
Eywa ayngahu