Na'vi Novel Writing Month...

Started by Amaya, September 19, 2010, 03:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pxia Säsngap

If I hadn't so many things to do every day, I'd also manage to write 5000words a day... but unfortunately... ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
When I had no job and didn't need to go to school anymore, I sometimes wrote 10 pages per day, which was about 6200 words, but as I need to go to the lessons in university and to work afterwards I don't have the time for such writing sessions ;D :D ;D
Eywa ayngahu
Ma oeyä eylan aynga oeru yawne lu <3 ;D :D ;D

Puvomun

Quote from: Pxia Säsngap on November 02, 2011, 03:19:44 AM
If I hadn't so many things to do every day, I'd also manage to write 5000words a day... but unfortunately... ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
In 2008 I had to drive 200km a day to work and back, and work 9 to 10 hours a day. I did not get 5000 words a day down then. It was a struggle to get to 1000 a day, and I had to make up for the rest in the weekends...

Good luck with your project!
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Plumps

Which shows us that everyone of us has their own pace ;) As long as we all reach the finish line, everything is fine :)

Hm, has anybody heard from Le'eylan? ??? I thought she would be the first to start WriMo...

Puvomun

Quote from: Plumps on November 02, 2011, 03:42:08 AM
Which shows us that everyone of us has their own pace ;) As long as we all reach the finish line, everything is fine :)
Mllteie oe! It is a personal challenge, not a race to get to 50K as fast as you can. (Which for me however it is, but not in a competitive way. ;))

Quote from: Plumps on November 02, 2011, 03:42:08 AM
Hm, has anybody heard from Le'eylan? ??? I thought she would be the first to start WriMo...[/size][/font]
I tried to find something of her as well, and did not. Very strange, she was so excited to Nano this year.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Ekirä

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on November 02, 2011, 01:13:22 AM
Etripa syayvi, ma Ekirä :D

* Cheers on Ekirä
Irayo ma 'Oma. :D

And indeed, I can't find Le'eylan either. Not sure where she is. :(

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Ekirä

Everyone's plot going well? It's a lot easier for me this year, although we'll see what happens once the first week is over... ::)

Plumps

I think I'm experiencing the first down side ... procrastination is such a beautiful activity that one can develop into perfection :P

Plot is going well... I just don't feel like writing today...  :-\

Ekirä

Indeed...instead of NaNoWriMo, this should be NaNoProMo... ;D

I've gotten into keeping an eye on NaNoWordSprints' Twitter feed - they often have word sprints going, and that can be motivating sometimes. :)

http://twitter.com/NaNoWordSprints

Puvomun

The essence of my plot is still intact. Most ideas I had written down are already down the drain, characters turn out entirely different, so yes, it is going well.

The best thing I have in the story so far, I think, is this:

"What by all saints is your work here? You can't be a stripper. You don't wear enough for that."

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Ekirä

Good to hear. :D And yeah, I used my most of my ideas within the first 8000 words, so now I'm making it up as I go along...

Pxia Säsngap

I'm quite far behind, although I really wanted to use this day for writing very much, because it's the only day this week I don't need to go to work to the university... but instead I did quite a lot of sleeping and thinking about some problems I had a year ago...  ::)  I guess having too much freetime isn't that good for writing because I'm too free to decide what to do all day long and I can tell myself I could write later... Tomorrow will be one of the days in November I won't have the time to write anything... So I really need to write today and on Sunday....
But everything's okay with the plot for me ;D :D ;D :D ;D
Eywa ayngahu

Ekirä

Haha, I know the feeling. ;D Well, good luck! Keep writing! 8)

Pxia Säsngap

WOOOHOOO! At least I managed to reach my 1667words per day ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
And now I feel like I'm in a mood to keep writing. I'll have to get up early tomorrow, but at least I will finish this chapter and start another one, as I find it difficult to restart another day when I need to start a new chapter. :)
Eywa ayngahu

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Ekirä on November 04, 2011, 03:02:27 PM

Vivar, ma tsmuke ;) There is a Pro in there that can also stand for progess ;D

* Continues to cheer on Ekirä

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Seze Mune

Quote from: Ekirä on November 04, 2011, 03:02:27 PM

I've gotten into keeping an eye on NaNoWordSprints' Twitter feed - they often have word sprints going, and that can be motivating sometimes. :)

http://twitter.com/NaNoWordSprints

Wou, thank you for this, ma Ekirä!

Puvomun

Quote from: Pxia Säsngap on November 04, 2011, 06:15:51 PM
And now I feel like I'm in a mood to keep writing. I'll have to get up early tomorrow, but at least I will finish this chapter and start another one, as I find it difficult to restart another day when I need to start a new chapter. :)

Congratulations!! :D

And that is for all the Nanowrimos here!!

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Pxia Säsngap

Quote from: Puvomun on November 05, 2011, 01:57:49 AM
Quote from: Pxia Säsngap on November 04, 2011, 06:15:51 PM

Congratulations!! :D

And that is for all the Nanowrimos here!!

Irayo ma tsmukan :)

I wrote about 1000 words after I posted in here, but as I didn't have the time to write at all today, I'll need to add some words to my writing session tomorrow ;D :D ;D :D ;D
Eywa ayngahu

archaic

If it was written entirely in Na'vi, would it only need to be 20480 words long?  ;)
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Plumps

Quote from: archaic on November 10, 2011, 05:25:02 PM
If it was written entirely in Na'vi, would it only need to be 20480 words long?  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Well, I talked about this with a few people: actually the word count is pretty biased. I could be wrong but I would guess that you achieve a higher word count faster in English than, e.g. in German because we can have long compounds ...
I wonder how other language user feel about that... As far as I know, writing WriMo in Finish must be real hell :P