Na'vi Novel Writing Month...

Started by Amaya, September 19, 2010, 03:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pxia Säsngap

Hey, I guess I need I have to break up this project.  :(   I have got soooooo many things to do for university. I didn't expect it to be that much in November. But even without writing everyday I can't manage doing these things on time... :( :( :( :( :(  Maybe I can restart later in November but I guess it will be difficult for me to reach 50000 words then. :( Only for the next week I need to make a whole documentary, a presentation (about 15 minutes) and to write a whole sound script... And I also have got lessons and have to go to work... :( Ngaytxoa ma eylan.... :( I really would have loved to finish this... :(
Eywa ayngahu
Ma oeyä eylan aynga oeru yawne lu <3 ;D :D ;D

Puvomun

Quote from: Pxia Säsngap on November 11, 2011, 12:29:45 AM
Hey, I guess I need I have to break up this project.  :( 

I am sorry to hear that, ma tsmuke, but do not despair. There is a new Nano next year, and at least you tried. I hope you had fun while doing it. And you can keep your writing project and work on it when you have some time and feel like it.

Good luck with your university work, that is more important than Nano. Nano will not get you a job, a university degree will do much better in that department.

Etrìpa syayvi, ma Pxia Säsngap!!
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Plumps

Oh, that's too bad :( but at least you tried... real life is always more important.

And ... if you've got more time some time during the year, we can always start our private NaNo :P Good look with your studies!

archaic

RL. :'(

But yay you with university! :D
Good luck with the degree. :D
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Puvomun

Nano-update.
I just passed the 46200 word mark. If I push it a bit, I could cross 50K today.

The last bit I wrote:

Quote"You probably heard of the Black Flyer's latest performance, that says enough."

Huh, what? Saints, not more of that please!

"I'll hear from you," is the last that Magdanovitch says. I hardly hear it. Immediately I flip through the news, and quickly find what he was referring to.

'Black Flyer to the rescue once again' is the title. I read that the Flyer appeared in a marketplace in Gypsee where several people had started a fight over something (exact reason still unknown). The Flyer had charged into the group of about eight fighters and settled the problem in his, by now, familiar way. Two people only sustained minor injuries, three were taken to a nearby hospital (Gypsee Medical, I know where it is) and three men died at the hand of the mysterious superhero gone bad. 'The authorities are starting an investigation to the cause of the fight, and additional effort will be made to locate the whereabouts of the Black Flyer.'

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Ekirä

I'm sorry to hear you can't continue, ma Pxia Säsngap. :( But it's fantastic that you tried! And I think NaNo also has "Camp NaNoWriMo" in the summer since some people really do have a hard time with doing school and NaNo at the same time. Maybe that'll be a better fit for you. :D

Ma Puvomun, congrats. ;) Some people are doing a challenge for 11/11/11 - either write for 11 hours (:o) or write 11,111 words. I'm not up for either of those, but the 11,111 words was tempting. ;D

Pxia Säsngap

Tewti, It's good to hear that from you all. :) And as I said. if it gets less, I can maybe still restart this November and write at least some more words...
It's not that much in November usually... but this time it just took me by surprise, and also I have got some personal - let's say problems to deal with and I hate to say it's too much for writing a novel additionally. But yes, I will try again next year, of course and hope to meet you all in here again then :)

Private Nano sounds great ma Plumps. Let's talk about that soon via Skxaypxe :) It would be cool indeed. Maybe I can manage it in March or April :)
Eywa ayngahu

Puvomun

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Pxia Säsngap

:o    is that what I think it is? ;D :D ;D :D ;D     Congratz :)
Eywa ayngahu

Ekirä

Congratulations! ;D That's some prolific writing. 8)

Puvomun

Thank you. But the story is, I think, almost halfway done, so I am going on for the 100K. Let's see if there is enough in the story to make that happen. ;)

Good luck to the other wrimos!

Ngopyu ayvurä.

eejmensenikbenhet

:o Wou! Lu txantsan nì'aw ma Puvomun!
Seykxel sì nìtram!

Plumps

Yes, seykxel sì nitram nìngay! :)
And whoa 100k words planned? :o I'm really excited to read the full novel. At the moment I can't read it all (understandable, isn't it ;) ) but I know you put the already existing chapters on your site.

Now, how did you guys get the sig bar with the word counting working? :-\ I tried it the other day but it wouldn't work :(

Ma EMIBH, you're in it too? :o Why aren't we writing buddies already? 8)

eejmensenikbenhet

Just go to NaNo and then under "Fun Stuff" you find "Word Count Widgets" or something alike...
Pelun? Don't know. What's your NaNo username?

Plumps

That's what I did ... but it showed no picture after I updated my profile on LN.
Could somebody provide their code? How it's supposed to look, I mean ... maybe I'm just defeated by technology :P

edit: Seems that I was ::) technology, you gotta love it to hate it :P

Ma EMIBH, my username is SGM ... plain and simple :)

Puvomun

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Plumps

Nice of you to ask ... I have a major down :( I am on the home stretch — to 50k words that is although I know that I'm maybe a bit more than halfway through my story but I can't seem to motivate myself to keep writing ... last two days nothing, the 1200 today are an embarrassment... after all it's the weekends! :P

But otherwise I'm good. Maybe I just need to recharge...

Ekirä

Getting there, getting there... ;D

I have too much plot, though. It's so hard to tell how fast to keep it moving, and now it looks like I either won't get the ending I had in mind or I'll just keep writing a bunch past 50,000. Which isn't that appealing to me, I'm kind of sick of writing. ::) Ah well, better than having too little plot.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Ekirä on November 19, 2011, 05:53:42 PM
Getting there, getting there... ;D

I have too much plot, though. It's so hard to tell how fast to keep it moving, and now it looks like I either won't get the ending I had in mind or I'll just keep writing a bunch past 50,000. Which isn't that appealing to me, I'm kind of sick of writing. ::) Ah well, better than having too little plot.

Looking at your sig, it looks like you're on the home stretch that Plumps was once on.  Kop, don't worry about getting past 50,000 words ;D

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

archaic

Looks like Puvomun/PaganPaul is writing two novels this month. ;D
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.