Folding@home catchall

Started by bommel, December 28, 2010, 07:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bommel

If it was not hitting the final deadline it could be a HW (overclocking etc.) or SW (driver fail, WU fail, etc.) issue. Sometimes the WU is even broken, especially if you are folding with the -advmethods flag (beta WUs; can increase, decrease or not change the points you gain - and can break the client ^^)

And to the 2xx.xxx points: I would like to replace some of my older machines with a high performance folding machine but I have no money to do so (would need around 2000€) :(

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Someone told me that my school have bought rendering hardware for ~$30 000. Too bad that it probably doesn't have the same backdoor that our machines had in the beginning, a local Administrator account without any passwrod that had Administrator previlegies.

akiwiguy

SETI@Home killed my graphics card, and now I can't use my computer!

*cries*

Ikran Ahiyìk

Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

Seze

Is there any way to see the points received for each individual WU?

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

bommel

You will need to install a monitoring tool like HFM.NET (which I would recommend) or fahmon. Or you look for the project on Google...

bommel

320 WUs completed, team rank 10890 of 193383 - amazing!

But we could still need some more high performance folders! If you have a Core i7 please contact me. And my offer to run a dedicated folding machine is still current so if you are interested post here too ;)

Ftiafpi

I'll be buying a new box in a month or two and it will definitely be a high-end gaming machine. My old box will probably turn into a dedicated folder and my new box I can have fold every few nights or so.

Seze

Woot, we broke the 10,000 barrier...  8822 of 193438

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Ikran Ahiyìk

Eanayo get 50,000 points in one day :o
Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

eanayo

<_<
>_>
This may or may not have something to do with the extra dozen of Quad-core (no i7, I'm afraid) boxes I've found ;)

Visit Our Dictionary for eBook readers, The Na'vi Word Puzzle Game and the Cryptogram Generator
srake tsun pivlltxe san [ˈɔaχkat͡slʃwɔaf]?

bommel

Awesome! I'm working on 80k WU too ;)

Eana Tanhì

8614 of 193458  :o
we are very high on the list  :D

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Puvomun

For some odd reason the folder on my laptop is already all day trying to get a new work package... with no success.
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Eywa'eveng-tìranyu

Quote from: Puvomun on January 15, 2011, 10:08:31 AM
For some odd reason the folder on my laptop is already all day trying to get a new work package... with no success.
Is it connected to the Internet?

Or try shutting down and restarting the client.

Puvomun

Quote from: Eywa'eveng-tìranyu on January 15, 2011, 10:44:45 AM
Quote from: Puvomun on January 15, 2011, 10:08:31 AM
Is it connected to the Internet?

Or try shutting down and restarting the client.
The lappie always connects automatically. I'll see what it does tomorrow. :)

Ngopyu ayvurä.

bommel

We are almost in the live stats o0

Eanayo, how many PCs are you using and what are their specs? You have almost 140k points :)

bommel

only one word, ma eylan, only one word: AWESOME! I didn't expect us to be that fast but we have been *really* fast! Big "irayo" to you all :)

Puvomun

Ngopyu ayvurä.