Folding@home catchall

Started by bommel, December 28, 2010, 07:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eanayo

Quote from: bommel on January 16, 2011, 02:51:39 AM
We are almost in the live stats o0

Eanayo, how many PCs are you using and what are their specs? You have almost 140k points :)
I see, now *that*'s what you meant by 80k WU :P

As for my "botnet": The number of machines varies (pesky undergrads turning them off and whatnot) - right now I've got 10 boxes running out of 22.
Half of them are Q6600 Core2 Quads @2.40Ghz with 4GB RAM, the other half are W3520 Xeons @2.67GHz with 12GB RAM. Too bad they won't even let me near our Top500-listed big iron (and I also doubt that F@H would be any longer appropriate there) ;)

Also, I'd like to echo your "irayo fraporu" - it's a good investment of CPU time!

Visit Our Dictionary for eBook readers, The Na'vi Word Puzzle Game and the Cryptogram Generator
srake tsun pivlltxe san [ˈɔaχkat͡slʃwɔaf]?

bommel

Wow, nice! Sadly I can't fold many of the really large WUs because the computer that can handle those isn't mine and I can only use it on weekends :(
Still asking for donations to buy one myself XD

Sіr. Ηaxalot

I had to shutdown the folding client I had on my server since it interfered with my Virtual Machines, wich could cause HUGE problems.

bommel

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on January 17, 2011, 04:14:53 PM
I had to shutdown the folding client I had on my server since it interfered with my Virtual Machines, wich could cause HUGE problems.
That's bad :(

Tsteu nantang

LearnNavi.org

Report generated on    18:28:38 January 19, 2011
Date of last work unit    2011-01-19 18:07:04
Active CPUs within 50 days    65
Team Id    198857
Grand Score    522645 (certificate)
Work Unit Count    525 (certificate)
Team Ranking (incl. aggregate)    4946 of 193710
Home Page    http://www.learnnavi.org/

We made it past the 5000 mark!!!
http://livenavi.forumotion.com/ HELP US OUT
Quote from: archaic
Plus she's hot, in a 'nine feet tall, skinny, blue, stripy, with a tail' kind of way.
old gallery link?id=2029[/img]

Swoka Ikran

2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

bommel

Grand Score: 671388
WU Count: 598
Team Ranking: 4111 of 193885

:) :) :)

Ftiafpi

Wow, we'll probably break 4000 by the end of the the day!

Can't wait till I get my new pc in a month or so, then I can really start doing some good folding.

bommel

Quote from: Ftiafpi on January 23, 2011, 11:39:58 AM
Wow, we'll probably break 4000 by the end of the the day!
yes, it's really amazing!

Quote from: Ftiafpi on January 23, 2011, 11:39:58 AM
Can't wait till I get my new pc in a month or so, then I can really start doing some good folding.
this is great, too ;)

Swoka Ikran

2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

bommel

yes, we are making an amazing progress!

eanayo

Wow, the progress is really amazing! Great job everyone!

As you may have noticed, I have been significantly slower than last week. I've been manually clearing up a backlog of half-finished WUs and once that's done, I'll probably try and get fewer but more reliable boxes (quality over quantity ;)).

Visit Our Dictionary for eBook readers, The Na'vi Word Puzzle Game and the Cryptogram Generator
srake tsun pivlltxe san [ˈɔaχkat͡slʃwɔaf]?

bommel

I wasn't very active last week because I was ill and had to stay in bed. I will continue folding this week.

guest2859

Wow, I got 2 WU's up. Quite an accomplishment for my mom's rock.

hemmond

Is this possible tu run with BOINC? Because if both two programs are using unused CPU time, they're both stuck...
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

bommel

Quote from: hemmond on February 03, 2011, 04:24:41 PM
Is this possible tu run with BOINC? Because if both two programs are using unused CPU time, they're both stuck...
Yes, you can assign f@h a slightly higher CPU priority for example. Or if your hardware does support it you could also use the GPU client.

By the way, we have almost 1 million points and are ranked 3310 of 194684  :)

Ikran Ahiyìk

The point increases fastly in these days..
Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!