Folding@home catchall

Started by bommel, December 28, 2010, 07:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bommel

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on February 08, 2011, 02:49:12 AM
The point increases fastly in these days..
Yes, they would increase even more if I would still have access to the insane folding machine I was using from time to time but somehow I can't login anymore :(

Eywa'eveng-tìranyu

Quote from: bommel on February 08, 2011, 02:50:41 AM
Yes, they would increase even more if I would still have access to the insane folding machine I was using from time to time but somehow I can't login anymore :(

That's a pity...  :'( :'( :'(

bommel

Quote from: Eywa'eveng-tìranyu on February 08, 2011, 05:19:34 AM
Quote from: bommel on February 08, 2011, 02:50:41 AM

That's a pity...  :'( :'( :'(
Yeah, it made around 80k points/WU :(

bommel

We're getting closer to our first million!

Eywa'eveng-tìranyu

Quote from: bommel on February 10, 2011, 02:07:49 AM
We're getting closer to our first million!

and to our first thousand WUs

guest2859

If I run this on 2 different computers with the same username and team, will the amount go up faster?

akiwiguy

Quote from: Eana Nantang 'Rrtayä on February 10, 2011, 09:33:18 AM
If I run this on 2 different computers with the same username and team, will the amount go up faster?
Yes.

bommel

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on February 10, 2011, 01:34:58 PM
Yes.
<...>

Edit: Removed because it was wrong!

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: bommel on February 10, 2011, 01:37:50 PM
Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on February 10, 2011, 01:34:58 PM
Yes.
Yes, but you must ensure that both clients have a different machine id assigned! Otherwise you get into serious trouble!
I thought the machine ID only had to be different if you ran two or more clients on a single PC, not on different PCs. (My GPU and SMP client on my quad have diff IDs, SMP=1, GPU=2). All other systems I'm running are running a single client with ID 1. Do I need to change IDs on these single client systems?

If it really does need to be different for every client on my username, regardless of the PC it's running on, I have a few clients to reconfigure :P
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

bommel

oh, damn. You're right! I've skipped the part "different PCs" :(
Sorry for my misinformation!

Once again:
You need only different machine IDs if you are running multiple clients on the same machine simultaneously!

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: bommel on February 10, 2011, 03:20:07 PM
oh, d***. You're right! I've skipped the part "different PCs" :(
Sorry for my misinformation!
OK. Relieved I don't need to go change several configurations now. :)

Also, we're approaching rank 3000 pretty fast. Not sure how long it'll be though...

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

bommel

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on February 10, 2011, 03:36:59 PM
Also, we're approaching rank 3000 pretty fast. Not sure how long it'll be though...
yeah, I really didn't expect us to be that fast! Almost 1 millions points and 1000 WUs :)

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: bommel on February 10, 2011, 04:34:23 PM
yeah, I really didn't expect us to be that fast! Almost 1 millions points and 1000 WUs :)
Neither did I...I remember when this first started and we were somewhere in the upper 10's of thousands (and at one point, the 100,000s...).

Only 23,000 more points to a million. This PC is going to get some extra GPU time this weekend :) I'm going out of town and can leave the GPU client running. Normally it's stopped all day on weekends (since I use the system constantly).

guest2859

I really just leave it running. It's my mom's computer, and she really just plays Solitaire on it, so she doesn't use up much memory.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Eana Nantang 'Rrtayä on February 10, 2011, 08:33:54 PM
I really just leave it running. It's my mom's computer, and she really just plays Solitaire on it, so she doesn't use up much memory.
My mom never really uses her system either. Checks email and shops online. It sees about an hour or so of actual use a day, if that. Beyond that, it mainly sits idle.

On my quad though, the GPU client bogs the system (sucky video card), so I have to stop it to use the PC :(. Video lags if I don't. The SMP client never takes time off...runs 24/7, even when I'm doing things that need the processor power.

The old P4 server in my basement does nothing but folding. :) Puts out ~1 WU a day. I check it once a week, but beyond that...

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: bommel on February 10, 2011, 04:34:23 PM
Now we hit the part were we go slow, but we still are gaining
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Ikran Ahiyìk

Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

bommel

woooooooooooooo WE MADE IT AND I MISSED IT

1 million points! Hell, that's a number! ;)
Thanks to everyone who made this possible!

Ikran Ahiyìk

Tewti ;D

I have 4.1% only..

and go to sleep now :-[
Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

Eana Tanhì

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...