Quote from: bommel on March 10, 2011, 02:30:30 PM
Another big WU completed :)

Stats as of 11:45:20 March 10, 2011:

• Grand score: 1729933
  • Team rank: 2141 of 196251
  • WUs completed: 1618

Isn't this awesome?! ;)
Nice!

Still sad I can't do GPU anymore though :( Other things have recently stopped working right also, so there's definitely something wrong. For instance, some icons now have an ugly black border instead of a proper shadow:
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

bommel

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on March 10, 2011, 03:09:57 PM
Still sad I can't do GPU anymore though :( Other things have recently stopped working right also, so there's definitely something wrong. For instance, some icons now have an ugly black border instead of a proper shadow:

Hmm... as far as I remember Nvidia had some soldering issues with the 8xxx series, especially the embedded ones... (some notebook manufacturers called their products back, etc.). If the GPU got hot enough the soldering could become loose and you would get display errors or your machine refuses to start. Unfortunately it sounds quite similar to what you are experiencing :(

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: bommel on March 10, 2011, 04:21:27 PM
Quote from: Swoka Ikran on March 10, 2011, 03:09:57 PM

Hmm... as far as I remember Nvidia had some soldering issues with the 8xxx series, especially the embedded ones... (some notebook manufacturers called their products back, etc.). If the GPU got hot enough the soldering could become loose and you would get display errors or your machine refuses to start. Unfortunately it sounds quite similar to what you are experiencing :(
I remember the HP recall for this. Not pretty :(

What's weird is that aside from F@H and those icon borders, nothing seems wrong. Games are running fine with no artifacts. I'm going to run GPU test program on it and we'll see how that goes.

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

bommel

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on March 10, 2011, 04:39:23 PM
I remember the HP recall for this. Not pretty :(

What's weird is that aside from F@H and those icon borders, nothing seems wrong. Games are running fine with no artifacts. I'm going to run GPU test program on it and we'll see how that goes.
This is indeed a really strange behaviour, even if f@h is very demanding (some people use it as a burn-in test)

Swoka Ikran

Furmark is running on it as I post this. GPU core is holding at 70oC. Clock is factory.

System is reporting fan speed of 0 RPM :o.

EDIT: Let it run another 20 minutes...GPU temp maxed at 74oC, no errors aside from the 0 RPM fan...

Sa'kul

sorry that i'm joining this discussion so prompt...

are you using a notebook? Because this temperature is quite normal for notebook-gpus AND nowadays for graphic-cards in towers, too... The manufacturers are spending more money in advices than in cooling-technologies... :(

And yeah... I know, my english isn't good... sorry for that. :/

Swoka Ikran

Nope. Desktop system, with motherboard-integrated GPU. No physical card.

Idling, my card's temp is about 57oC. Under heavy load, I can get up to 74. Never looked at it with F@H running because it just worked until recently.

As for cooling, hardware mfgs. and brand name PC makers are definitely slacking. I saw an HP system a year or so back that had absolutely NO ventilation whatsoever. Had one little vent in the front of the case, and NO fans aside from the CPU heat sink fan...probably one reason I see so many HP doorstops on the curb on bulk trash day...

bommel

We're getting closer to 2 million points :)

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: bommel on March 17, 2011, 05:54:24 PM
We're getting closer to 2 million points :)
...and we're past rank 2000 :) We're number 1986 as of this post :D

guest2859

I should be back up and folding: Eana_Nantang_Rrtaya

Ikran Ahiyìk

The 5th one reaches 100k...

but someone is near 1m already...
Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

bommel

guest2859

I realized why I like my computer more than my moms: It finished 2000 WU pieces faster than her 250 WU pieces.

Also Folding as Nargacuga now.

bommel

Over 2 million points! :)

Eana Tanhì

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote21st day of March, 2011

Exactly one year after I got my first Avatar figure.. ;D

2m points = birthday gift ;D

bommel

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on March 22, 2011, 08:09:50 AM

a happy birthday, indeed ;D

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: bommel on March 22, 2011, 10:23:33 AM
Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on March 22, 2011, 08:09:50 AM

a happy birthday, indeed ;D

I mean, tell this to my little 4 1/4" Jake ;D

bommel