Folding@home catchall

Started by bommel, December 28, 2010, 07:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: bommel on April 22, 2012, 01:30:36 PM
Quote from: Tanri on April 22, 2012, 01:22:29 PM
::) I almost forgot that there are individual points... :D
;D every contribution counts and maybe we can help to cure cancer or Alzheimer's one day. Who knows ^^

This is actually on the good path. There has been great advancements on this way.  :)

bommel

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on April 22, 2012, 02:20:40 PM
This is actually on the good path. There has been great advancements on this way.  :)
I remember having read a news article on that some time ago :)

bommel

During the downtime we've made some good progress: we're currently ranked 357 according to the EOC stats page with almost 39 million points and more than 18,000 completed WUs! :-)

Ikxeru

I guess we all had plenty of idle CPU cycles because we were not able to post here. ;)
Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...

bommel

bommel

We're currently ranked 346 of 213626 teams. Quite impressive to be among the top 350 teams in the world. And we're getting close to 340 at the moment :)

Tsmuktengan

Our ranking should improve more quickly once I press into service my new Core i7 that will be overclocked in some time.

bommel

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on August 13, 2012, 11:43:12 AM
Our ranking should improve more quickly once I press into service my new Core i7 that will be overclocked in some time.
These are some really good news :-)

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: bommel on July 03, 2012, 01:30:19 PM
We're currently ranked 346 of 213626 teams. Quite impressive to be among the top 350 teams in the world. And we're getting close to 340 at the moment :)
I haven't done this in a long time.... should get my ps3 back on again, but I barely get 'points' for that.

I gotta try it for my laptop too... But it isn't the most powerful one, just a Acer Aspire 5750
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Swoka Ikran

My PCs haven't been running much of the summer :( University started today though, so my normal PC (the one with the GTS450) has time to run it now. :)

One of my other systems is no longer running it though (it's carrying a minecraft server instead)
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Ikxeru

@Txantslusam Skxawng: Well, every WU counts! To my mind, you should give it a try!!!
On the other hand, maybe it stresses your laptop too much. Just check it out.  :-\

Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro layu...

bommel

My experience with running fah on notebooks: watch the temps. The fah client knows how to push your system to its limits and notebook cooling solutions are often close to the limits too.

Ikxeru

Wow, We are very close to a major milestone. We have almost reached 50,000,000 points.
All I can say: AWESOME!!!

Vivar, ma smuk, vivar!

Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro layu...

bommel

Quote from: Ikxeru on September 02, 2012, 09:34:10 AM
Wow, We are very close to a major milestone. We have almost reached 50,000,000 points.
All I can say: AWESOME!!!

Vivar, ma smuk, vivar!
:D

Ftiafpi

We're close to breaking through 300!!! Fold faster everyone!

Swoka Ikran

Has anyone else here been getting a lot of single-core WUs in the SMP client recently?

Most units I've been getting for the past week are single-core units. ??? It's happening on 2 different systems, and nothing changed on my end.

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

bommel

No, I haven't got any singlecore WUs. Maybe there is/was a problem with the assignment servers? If you still get singlecore WUs try to delete the work folder inside your fah directory (run the client with the -oneunit flag in case of v6 to complete the current WU and exit). During the next connect the client will be assigned a new work server, maybe this will fix your problem. Although there is no guarantee that it will be a different server.

Ikxeru

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on September 04, 2012, 02:28:39 PM
Has anyone else here been getting a lot of single-core WUs in the SMP client recently?
Yes, this happens here, too.... It seems as they have to finish a particular project. ???

Normally I get WUs that run around 21 hours until they finish. The WUs I get now rush thru within 2 hours.

Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro layu...

Swoka Ikran

I think I'll just wait and see if my normal units start coming again.

I have an SMP unit right now on my quad (9% left), but my dual-core is still half-idle working out singles...

Ikxeru

Hmmm.... I don't knoiw what may help. Maybe you could force a restart of the client when the WU you run now is finished.
My machine hasn't been restarted for four weeks now, and what happend to me is that I just get smaller WUs. But these are running on all 8 cores, same as the larger ones, I used to get before they switched.

Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro layu...