'Itan Atxur

Why are there no topics here?!?

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

bommel

Because I think the game idea is put on ice or even canceled :(

'Itan Atxur

bommel

Some people (including myself) had the idea to create our own Avatar-based game. But we never really started...

'Itan Atxur

That's too bad. Would have been awesome!! Maybe we could start a mod project in some game with a decent editor? A UT3 or Oblivion mod or something?

;D ;D

-Itan Atxur

bommel

It is bad, yes. But to be honest I don't have much time at the moment anyway (final exams are on their way...) :(

'Itan Atxur

Who else was interested?

;D ;D

-Itan Atxur

Swoka Ikran

For some reason, I had a dream two days ago about making an Avatar-themed total conversion of Doom :P

When I woke up, I seriously considered asking here about it...until I realized how many graphics and sounds I'd need :o
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Sіr. Ηaxalot

I think that when it comes down to doing it, there is an awful lot of work that needs to be done that noone is willing to do for close to no reward.

bommel

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on March 19, 2011, 03:42:09 PM
I think that when it comes down to doing it, there is an awful lot of work that needs to be done that noone is willing to do for close to no reward.
It will be an awful lot of work, no doubt :(
To make it good we would need a lot of skilled people and lots of time...

Niwantaw

Quote from: bommel on March 20, 2011, 06:52:09 AM
Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on March 19, 2011, 03:42:09 PM
It will be an awful lot of work, no doubt :(
To make it good we would need a lot of skilled people and lots of time...
I think n that last sentance was the main reason for it being canceled.
Out of the original group I believe only two people had any previous experience in creating a game and everyone was in the middle of their exams
Only mostly AWOL.

bommel

Quote from: Tawtewng on March 20, 2011, 07:18:29 AM
I think n that last sentance was the main reason for it being canceled.
Out of the original group I believe only two people had any previous experience in creating a game and everyone was in the middle of their exams
Guess you're right :(

akiwiguy

I would help, I can do some basic stuff with the Source engine - hey, we could make it a mod for any/all Source games! Given that all Source games include HL2 textures, we could base our world off those, edited of course, with bio-luminescence :D

Niwantaw

I'm not 100% sure of this but I think you're a little late as I'm the only member of the original group who's still active that I've noticed...

and I'm not exactly that active.
Only mostly AWOL.

bommel

I'm currently thinking about becoming a professional game developer after finishing my studies this year. Maybe we can bring this project to life then ;)

Niwantaw

I can give suggestions but to put it simply every single project that I've started with people has gone wrong. Therefore I'm not going to try again until I work out why.
(I have a reasonable idea of why)
Only mostly AWOL.

bommel

Quote from: Tawtewng on May 10, 2011, 04:58:14 PM
I can give suggestions but to put it simply every single project that I've started with people has gone wrong. Therefore I'm not going to try again until I work out why.
Somehow this sounds like experiences I've made ;)

Niwantaw

Quote from: bommel on May 11, 2011, 03:09:13 AM
Quote from: Tawtewng on May 10, 2011, 04:58:14 PM
Somehow this sounds like experiences I've made ;)
WE'RE CURSED I SAY!
Only mostly AWOL.

bommel

guest17426

me too, so many projects i wanted to do with various people that never actually happened