Started by eejmensenikbenhet, December 23, 2010, 03:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eejmensenikbenhet

Kaltxì ma frapo, I came up with the idea of this board game last summer when my brother and I were sitting on the balcony in a hotel. There was this table that had a pattern on it. With some shells that my brother found on the beach, I started setting out some rules.
I didn't find an apropriate name for it and placed the idea in a drawer (like the Avatar script :P). Now that I've been learning Na'vi here, I came up with the idea to give it an Avatar twist. And here it is: the Avatar board game.

The board:
The board for this game exist out of a field with 5x5 cells. The middle cell is coloured black(/grey) and all the cells that connect diagonally with this cell are coloured orange. The white cells all have a cross inside.

The pawns:
Every player has 6 pawns. One player has 6 Na'vi, the other player has 6 tawtute from RDA. In the beginning of the game they're located on two opposite sites on the board. They can move over all lines and stop at intersections (allways at a cellcorner, not in the middle of a cell). A pawn can 'kill'another pawn by jumping over it (like playing checkers), if a pawn is 'killed' it goes back to one of the free starter positions (chosen by the 'killed' player).

The goal:
The goal of the game is to get 4 of your pawns on the corners of the middle cell. The pawns can only stand on these 4 corners if they've touched a special corner on the field. These are located across the board. (The blue corner is for the Na'vi and the grey for the RDA. The RDA can't stand on the blue one and vice versa.) If (for example) the Na'vi have 2 pawns on the corners of the middle cell, a second place opens up for the other player, he can choose which one he uses. Once a pawn is placed on a corner of the gray field it is not allowed to move anymore.

Very important rule:
Since I've experienced it that the game goes on and on for days, I created this rule that the players may set a time deadline (for example 6 hours of playtinme) and when that deadline is reached, the player with the most pawns in the middle wins the game.

Txantslusam Skxawng

This looks like fun, but I don't think I can play a board game for 6 hours, but a good idea though.

WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Txantslusam Skxawng

When I keep looking through the instructions it is starting to feel like another game of chess, with some additional rules.

But that is just my opinion.
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

eejmensenikbenhet

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on January 07, 2011, 07:25:10 PM
When I keep looking through the instructions it is starting to feel like another game of chess, with some additional rules.

But that is just my opinion.
It might me... But it resembles checkers more then chess ;)