OUR Avatar Game

Started by Eywayä lì'u, May 29, 2010, 03:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsamsiyu92

Quote from: tawtewng on June 12, 2010, 06:46:49 AM
I have a plan  to evade all licensing issues...

(highlight below)
we could write in beige XD
then they will never discover us
muh hah hah hah hah hah hah

I have a better plan

Pamrel si nìna'vi.

But seriously. If we do it non profit as a fangame, we're not breaking any laws.

Eywayä lì'u

Quote from: Tsamsiyu92 on June 13, 2010, 03:30:34 PM
I have a plan  to evade all licensing issues...

(highlight below)

I have a better plan

Pamrel si nìna'vi.

säfpìl siltsan. Ulte fi'u siltsan fpiayoengyä plltxe' niNa'vi!
Oe prrkxentrrkrr ngeyä sa'nok!

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tsamsiyu92

Quote from: Eywayä lì'u on June 13, 2010, 03:37:15 PM
Quote from: Tsamsiyu92 on June 13, 2010, 03:30:34 PM
I have a plan  to evade all licensing issues...

(highlight below)

I have a better plan

Pamrel si nìna'vi.

säfpìl siltsan. Ulte fi'u siltsan fpiayoengyä plltxe' niNa'vi!

Slä ayfor lu karyu Pawl a tsun afyor srung sivi.

Now over to your sentence...

säfpìl siltsan. Ulte fi'u siltsan fpiayoengyä plltxe niNa'vi!
think-instrument good. And this-thing good for the sake of your to speak na'vi.

Correction:
tìfpìl lu siltsan, ulte siltsan lu fwa ayngahu plltxe niNa'vi!

- sä = instrumental noun, ex: sänume = teaching, guide, ...
- the verb lu shouldn't be dropped.
- It's spelled plltxe
- keep the words in their clauses, it's not that free.

Eywayä lì'u

it's for the sake of "our" speaking in Na'vi. Fpi means for the benefit of, not just sake of, and säfpìl is the word for "idea" not think, "fi'u" can mean "this" and because of the fpi- and -yä and the proximity of the subject it's not necessary for another marker . But yes I did forget to put "lu" in and my finger slipped an apostrophe onto the end plltxe. so the only mistake is forgetting the "lu"

säfpìl siltsan. Ulte fi'u siltsan fpiayoengyä plltxe niNa'vi lu!

Good idea. And this is good for the benefit of us speaking Na'vi.

But off being technically correct, we should get back on topic.

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Jameso

Kaltxì

ma tsmukan,

I think we should have a browser game on internet. In wich you can chat buy weapons, etc.

In wich you could play as an avatar and kill, talk with nature, hunt. Like in movie. But game on internet. Something like

fusion fall it needs to look something like that. Where you can control

your avatar, hunt, eat.....

It needs to be relly good. Or game like travian where you build Na`vi soldiers buildings....

Niwantaw

afaik we are building a FPS based off the unreal engine so it will have to be downloaded and will be single player only...
Only mostly AWOL.

Tsamsiyu92

Quote from: Jameso on July 15, 2010, 02:33:14 AM
Kaltxì

ma tsmukan,

I think we should have a browser game on internet. In wich you can chat buy weapons, etc.

In wich you could play as an avatar and kill, talk with nature, hunt. Like in movie. But game on internet. Something like

fusion fall it needs to look something like that. Where you can control

your avatar, hunt, eat.....

It needs to be relly good. Or game like travian where you build Na`vi soldiers buildings....
I don't really see the point of internet games, It's just click there and there and wait 1:30, then do the same and so on.

But if you like it, then OK, this is just my opinion.

bommel

A stand alone game is much more flexible in terms of possibilities

Eywayä lì'u

Indeed, having it singleplayer and local play makes it much easier to create more content in the form of expansions and such.

Tsamsiyu92

COOP over the net is also good, if one can host.

MrGoodbytes

I am personal to downloaded games myself.  Sorry  it's been a while, but i have no internet connection at my new house.  At the library now

Salvenger

The game should be 3D (of course!) and have a world like Oblivion, HUGE and many iterative characters.
I haven't played Oblivion alot personally, but I like how huge it is and how there is so many things you can do on it.
One thing I hated thought was slow travel. The game should include the forest (duh) and have it where you can climb trees, jump from tree to tree, ect. I would totally make this myself or at least start a project but I have only got into 3D, and know VERY little on how to program it, make models, and do the usual required tasks. Get what I mean hopefully? I just woke up from a nap. xD

<3,
Kyle
<3,
Kyle

Niwantaw

way ahead of you man
all we need is to build it.. we have the ideas all hammered out.... oh and we need to get some concepts done...

if you want to help out get skype and add me

I'll add you to the group

(skype name = tawtewng)
Only mostly AWOL.

Salvenger

I'd be glad to help out, but I can't do anything on this laptop.
I'll have to wait till I build my new computer (Still having trouble deciding on AMD or Intel CPU :S)
<3,
Kyle

Kerame Pxel Nume

Quote from: Salvenger on July 19, 2010, 05:43:35 PM
The game should be 3D (of course!) and have a world like Oblivion, HUGE and many iterative characters.
You're preaching to the choir ;)

Unfortunately the Unreal Engine doesn't scale to these dimensions. Maps in the Unreal Engine (and the Source Engine and the CryEngine) are closed entities and can only be changed through explicit mapchange areas. That's where the Oblivion-Engine really pays out (also used for Fallout 3 BTW): It's been designed to work with huge areas.

However there has been that decision, to keep the (first of several?) game small, so that a limited team can do it in time. Im the last one to stop a bigger project, but the final word is by Eywayä lì'u.

Jameso

I think we should make a small multiplayer avatar game over the internet. Wich will be needed to download on computer and install and you could play with many others. That would be cool. But it will be free and very small but not to crappy. :)

bommel

Quote from: Jameso on July 20, 2010, 05:53:00 AM
I think we should make a small multiplayer avatar game over the internet. Wich will be needed to download on computer and install and you could play with many others. That would be cool. But it will be free and very small but not to crappy. :)
Yeah but we already had discussions about the problems of hosting (which would create costs, i. e. renting dedicated server + fast internet lines). Though there is a p2p approach. However, what is fairly easy to implement is direct multiplayer where everyone could host his own server (imagine LAN parties).

Jameso

I thought multiplayer where every computer conected on internet is on his own. Where you just kill other players and servers are on client machine wich becomes then server. So I host game and it is on my machine and others can join
and host so in a nutshell you will connect to computer of other person since comp has firewall and antivirus.....
We will need to make program to can go through firewall and you will need to add exception and that program will connect people through internet just like team speak. ;D

Kerame Pxel Nume

Quote from: Jameso on July 20, 2010, 05:53:00 AM

Have a look at this thread:
http://forum.learnnavi.org/engine-development/distributed-mmorpg-technology-(just-discussion-about-not-part-of-game-project!)/

M.Carlton

it would be perfect to make an RPG game . . . my suggestion is to first make it a mobile game a short project than expand it .