Grand Theft Auto 5(PS3/PS4/Xbox 360/Xbox One/PC) + GTA related news

Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, July 28, 2011, 07:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

GTA V - Meet the Cast:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/13/grand-theft-auto-v-meet-the-cast

Michael:
What would've happened if Salvatore Leone got out of the racket before it consumed him? Or if Tommy Vercetti bridled his criminal urges and retired to raise a family? Rockstar is looking to retired former criminal Michael, Grand Theft Auto V's lead protagonist, to explore the narrative of a man at his breaking point with everything and nothing to lose. He thought he could buy his way into a life worth living, forsaking his past for the hope of domestic bliss. He likely never imagined that he'd become undone by the very urban excesses he spent his glory years trying to shore up. Or maybe he did; maybe he knew that he'd never be happy as a husband, that his wife's love would grow cold and materialistic, and that he wasn't the kind of man who could ever earn the love of his children. Its topics like these - not pulled from current events as much as directly observed from our collective living rooms - that pave the way for GTA V's neo-anti-hero.
Dan Houser: "Michael, to me, is... Who is he? I know who he is, I'm just trying to... He's the person who is trying to ignore some rather large mistakes that they have made. The person who's trying to forget about certain practical but still selfish decisions that they took. He's a man, also, obsessed by images and by appearances and who, when the world doesn't live up to those images and appearances, doesn't know what to do. He just retreats into his head. What he also is, when we started out... What he kind of evolved into as we began thinking about him and developing him... He was the first character we came up with. He began as the idea of, what happens to a regular GTA protagonist after they retire? Then you think, what would make him retire? He's a man with a big ego and plenty of good values and plenty of bad values.

"One of the advantages of the three-character system is you can have characters who, if they were the only protagonist, would be far too flawed for you to find appealing. With other equally flawed protagonists, but flawed in different ways, I think it gets more understandable. His flaws are certainly his large ego, an inability to control his temper, and his willingness to make large moral compromises. To me, that's a very interesting character. A guy who's in his mid-40s and on the cusp of middle age who doesn't know what to do, but made a bunch of money and does not know what to do with it. He's theoretically won, but the spoils of victory aren't necessarily what he imagined. For us that's a very interesting character, unlike what we've done in the past or what we've seen in much entertainment in general, let alone any video games. That was interesting."

Trevor:
What's so enthralling about Trevor is that he's the mirror image of Michael. Whereas Michael is established and living the high life – Houser describes him as the GTA character that won -- Trevor is stuck in a trailer park. He's unhinged and untrusting. The pilot lives in filth and isn't afraid to set a car on fire just because. He's the dark night to Michael's bright day, and while all we know is that these former friends had a falling out, it's enough to be the most interesting story thread we know about GTA V. How could their paths have diverged so much? Does Michael's place in witness protection mean he double-crossed Trevor? How will that dynamic play out in missions? We'll have to wait and see.
Dan Houser: "Trevor was the other side of the GTA coin, I suppose. He's the person who's driven purely by desire, resentment, no thought for tomorrow whatsoever, completely id rather than ego-driven. Constant partying, constant madness. The only thing he doesn't want to do is stop. He wants to keep going and ride it all to the end. Won't take an insult from anybody. Kills without remorse, like a true psychopath, but very sentimental for the right reasons when it suits him. That seemed like another side of the kind of GTA coin or the GTA world, but very rarely as the protagonist. That seemed an interesting guy to have as a protagonist. Very unlike anyone we've had in a game before. If you began to develop him and Michael and their previous relationships... We wanted this feeling where you start off thinking one's good and the other's awful. Then you get spun the other way. Then you get spun back the first way, until you can't decide."

Franklin:
Franklin lives in South Los Santos and is the most traditional protagonist of Grand Theft Auto V's trio, ex-street gangster who's always looking for new opportunities. He's a repo man working for Armenian luxury car dealership, which scams ambitious young hotshots by selling them high-end cars they cannot afford, only for Franklin to forcefully take them back when they default on the repayments. He's befriended Michael after doing a job together and now Michael sees him as "the son he never had."
Dan Houser: "The idea with Franklin was someone stepping outside their comfort zone and their normal way of doing things, because that way, even though they're still in their mid-20s or whatever, that hasn't worked. That world that they thought they'd be in and be able to make a success of has, thanks to the modern world or the changes in the economy or whatever it is, just failed. It doesn't really exist. They're now looking for something new. A new opportunity. They've gotten their qualifications and gotten all their experience and all they're good at is driving and robbing. How do actually go forward and who do you get to a kind of mentor you? That was a good contrast. The gang-banger in the post-gang-banging world."

New screenshots:

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Tìtstewan on November 13, 2012, 03:39:07 PM
Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.
Great screenshots! :D

Get excited tomorrow. New trailer :)

Going live at http://www.rockstargames.com/V/ at 11 am Eastern Time

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Trailer 2
Grand Theft Auto V: Official Trailer #2

IGN is talking about it live
IGN Live Presents: GTA V Trailer #2

Trailer 2 theme song
Stevie Wonder - Skeletons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX_v0yz7Ebo#

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

So, this is Michael's son James? The "pot-dude"

Check out the new trailer and see how crazy he is

I can also upload some more images from the trailer, if you want

Tìtstewan

Very very very interesting trailer :D :D
I can't wait, I want to play this game now! ;D :D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

This sums up how big the map will be, well it is at least bigger than this
I have not created it, some on the GTAForums did, so I just share it

This is from the 2nd trailer

Tìtstewan

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Tìtstewan on November 14, 2012, 04:48:44 PM
Wow, the map will be really really big. :o

It's a lot, lot, lot, lot, lot bigger than I thought it was gonna be. I never imagined it was going to be so BIG

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Trailer 2 analysis by GTA5Videos, buildings and locations

GTA V - Trailer #2 All Buildings & Locations!

*EDIT
Video is Private. doesn't working

Tìtstewan

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Tìtstewan on November 15, 2012, 10:15:38 AM
I can't see this video, because it's privately.

Me too, same problem

Well, see the trailer analysis by GTA5Videos, and this one is not private
GTA V - Trailer #2 Best Breakdown/Analysis Part 1

Tìtstewan

Nice vid! Yeah, the bandito car is back! :D
And a lots of nice cars and effects awaiting us. :D

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

I found something myself from the 2nd trailer
Just a quick photo analyse, what I created

Looks like the taxi vehicle from San Andreas is back. It seems there is different varies of taxi's in GTA V

Also the FlyUS from GTA IV is also back

Tìtstewan

I didn't see the taxi, it was good hidden ;D
On the highway is driving real trucks with big trailer. :D

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Part 2 of the 2nd trailer analysis by GTA5Videos
This shows that the game will be more in the realism than GTA IV

GTA V - Trailer #2 Best Breakdown/Analysis Part 2

Tìtstewan

There is comes a lot of nice stuff! Cement truck - that remind me of a mission from SA! ;D ;D :)

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

GTA 5 is possible coming out on the Nintendo Wii U console

The Nintendo US boss is hopefull that it is coming out on WiiU

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/19/nintendo-us-boss-hopeful-of-gta-v-on-wii-u

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has spoken out about his hopes for seeing Grand Theft Auto V arrive on the Wii U.
Though Rockstar's game is currently only slated for release on Xbox 360 and PS3 in Spring 2013, Fils-Aime revealed to MTV the he believes there's every chance the game will come to Nintendo's console.

"The folks there have said very nice public comments about the Wii U," he explained.

"In the end, it is Nintendo's responsibility to have a large installed base, to have development tools that help the developers and publishers create great content, and essentially create an environment where teams like Rockstar can bring their very best content to our platform, and if we do that hopefully the very best content throughout the entire industry will show up on Wii U."

When we recently interviewed Rockstar vice president Dan Houser, he revealed that the company hadn't made any firm decisions about other potential platforms, but wouldn't rule anything out.

"Everything else is up for consideration," Houser revealed. "That's all I can give you. The main thing is we are not... we are a third-party publisher. We're not Nintendo, we're not Sony, we're not Microsoft. We love all of them in different ways. But we can do what we want wherever there's the appropriate business opportunity and chance to find a market."

We've already had a muse about whether the game would be coming to PC, and came to the conclusion that it likely will though not for a some time after its console debut.

Last week was IGN's GTA V week, where we offered a massive blowout of information about the upcoming game. So whether you're looking for how the title changes the rules for open world games, want to meet the new faces or just rediscover Los Santos, make sure you have a look at all our articles.