Halo: Reach

Started by Mako, May 05, 2010, 06:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

if this is necroposting just tell me

i wanted to bring back from the dead this page for the the game, which is coming out a week from today. i wanted to talk to everyone (interested) about what they think of the new news they've heard, like forge world and the new armor abilities.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Mako

Gahhhhhhhhhhh! Can't wait! 6 days, 11 hours, 32 minutes and 60 seconds!

your actually keeping track?

Mako

Yeah, plus I was sitting in Math at the time so ye ;) 5 hours, 15 minutes and 60 seconds :D

im obsessed, but not that obsessed.

Niwantaw

I'll get it when it's cheap. Doubt I'll ever play it multiplayer unless I can get it on my comp.

Too cheap to pay for live. I have a PS3 for when I want to kill noobs.
Only mostly AWOL.

the best games are the ones that cost a lot (already prepaid for it!)

Niwantaw

The best game I have ever played cost me €10. Its called minecraft. Best. Game. Ever.

on the subject of reach from what I hear it's taking a lot from cod in the multiplayer department
(perks, ranks, unlocks that kinda stuff)
Only mostly AWOL.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Forge World = best single piece of gaming evar!
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Mako

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä} on September 08, 2010, 03:37:30 PM
the best games are the ones that cost a lot (already prepaid for it!)
Not with MW2
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Niwantaw

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on September 08, 2010, 06:17:21 PM
Quote from: Skipp-587 on September 08, 2010, 09:32:00 PM
Agreed!
I agree to disagree but this is not the place for that.
Only mostly AWOL.

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on September 08, 2010, 06:17:21 PM

agreed as well! but what does everybody think of the new abilities drop shield and...ah c*** whats it called? the thing that makes a copy of you to fool the enemy?

ooohhh yeah i can feel myself turning into Tawtewng right now. how much chaos i can make with that ability...(starts daydreaming evilly)

Niwantaw

Quote from: Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä} on September 09, 2010, 11:15:47 AM
ooohhh yeah i can feel myself turning into Tawtewng right now. how much chaos i can make with that ability...(starts daydreaming evilly)
you'll never come close to me.

They decoy thing will only work on the AI because they never work on people.
The only way it would work is if somehow you got an exact replica of your real self on another Xbox controlling the decoy because no matter how hard they try you can always tell AI apart from people.
Only mostly AWOL.

Ikabob

^agree.

The AI is way too smooth with some things and way to random with other things to be as unpredictable as a person... that and as crazy most times HRH

But AI is definitely getting better than what it was 2 and 3 years ago.
When college takes up all your time... What can you really do?

Skype: Ikabob13         PSN: TR4NZ-N1GH7M4R3        Steam: N1GH7M4R3

Niwantaw

Quote from: Ikabob on September 10, 2010, 11:42:27 AM
^agree.

The AI is way too smooth with some things and way to random with other things to be as unpredictable as a person... that and as crazy most times HRH

But AI is definitely getting better than what it was 2 and 3 years ago.
Worms. It got too good and never missed at one point.
(seriously when they can get a bazooka shot to almost go in a circle round an obstruction to get a worm hidden there they are too good)
Only mostly AWOL.

Mako

All the clone does is continues to run in a straight direction. It's good for fooling snipers for sure. Imagine the guy on the other end: "There goes one! *sights and fires* Why won't he die? *empties clip, clone disappears* Oh, crap. I'm an idiot."

Niwantaw

Quote from: Skipp-587 on September 10, 2010, 08:25:22 PM
All the clone does is continues to run in a straight direction. It's good for fooling snipers for sure. Imagine the guy on the other end: "There goes one! *sights and fires* Why won't he die? *empties clip, clone disappears* Oh, crap. I'm an idiot."
If you ever find someone who falls for it after a few months of the game being out you've just found an idiot.
Only mostly AWOL.

Quote from: Tawtewng on September 11, 2010, 02:37:49 AM
If you ever find someone who falls for it after a few months of the game being out you've just found an idiot.

ive seen people fall for it several times, (i included), that were actually pros. My friend anthony-a real work of art; f***ing blows my mine on what he can do, every time-is one of these pros who lives in rever, boston, MA. first time, fell for it immideatly. it took him several times to realize that it was just a decoy. even after playing for a good time, it still does what it needs to do to my friend, if only for a second.

Thats the point Bungie was trying to make. here's a quote from Bungie's multiplayer design lead Chris Carney on it. (A magazine called GAMEPRO was, at the time, playing with Multiplayer designer Chad Armstrong on multiplayer Firefight, with three of GAMEPRO's editors on the spartan side and Armstromg on the Covenant side. they thought 3-against-one was a good advantage and it would help them keep up {they couldn't}. it always cracks me up when 3 people cant own a mezzly designer. lol.):

"In Multiplayer [the hologram] is priceless. He's great when you're trying to flush out enemy fire."

They said that the hologram will basicly fool anyone, even the most seasoned vetrens. And even if you know how to play around the thing, that split-second whey the enemy realizes that the dummy isn't what it is, it can be all that is needed to tip the scales in one's favor...

so my advise is: if you plan on going against people who use it reguarly, consiter having good reflexes, a s***load of ammo, the armorlock ability, and hope to god that you're lucky with that trigger.

Niwantaw

Quote from: Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä} on September 11, 2010, 08:13:20 AM
Quote from: Tawtewng on September 11, 2010, 02:37:49 AM

ive seen people fall for it several times, (i included), that were actually pros. My friend anthony-a real work of art; f***ing blows my mine on what he can do, every time-is one of these pros who lives in rever, boston, MA. first time, fell for it immideatly. it took him several times to realize that it was just a decoy. even after playing for a good time, it still does what it needs to do to my friend, if only for a second.

Thats the point Bungie was trying to make. here's a quote from Bungie's multiplayer design lead Chris Carney on it. (A magazine called GAMEPRO was, at the time, playing with Multiplayer designer Chad Armstrong on multiplayer Firefight, with three of GAMEPRO's editors on the spartan side and Armstromg on the Covenant side. they thought 3-against-one was a good advantage and it would help them keep up {they couldn't}. it always cracks me up when 3 people cant own a mezzly designer. lol.):

"In Multiplayer [the hologram] is priceless. He's great when you're trying to flush out enemy fire."

They said that the hologram will basicly fool anyone, even the most seasoned vetrens. And even if you know how to play around the thing, that split-second whey the enemy realizes that the dummy isn't what it is, it can be all that is needed to tip the scales in one's favor...

so my advise is: if you plan on going against people who use it reguarly, consiter having good reflexes, a s***load of ammo, the armorlock ability, and hope to god that you're lucky with that trigger.
Or know AI when you see it. Like me, most of my friends, most of the people I've played, anyone who knows the meaning of the word "observing".
Maybe I'm a sniper and see it different but I get to know the people I kill pretty damn well. I get their habits, their little tricks and differences... then I place the next shot. Sure it's slower than just holding fire with an MG but tbh... it's much more... filling.
Only mostly AWOL.