Star Citizen, November 2014

Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, October 14, 2012, 06:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

I am still downloading the alpha version of Star Citizen, Arena Commander.
It is tons of gigabytes in size, atleast 12GB.

It is about 1 and a half hour from completion.

Tìtstewan

Star Citizen raises $48 million, future stretch goal promises "alien languages"
Quote[...]
But rather than that, and the user-voted "Retaliator" ship commercial the milestone has unlocked,
the big news is in the game's newly announced $50 million stretch goal.
When, as it inevitably will, the game raises that total, Cloud Imperium will create and add "Alien Languages" into the game.

"We will work with real-world linguists to create distinctive and realistic alien languages for Star Citizen's three biggest alien
races, the Vanduul, the Xi'An and the Banu," writes Chris Roberts in the latest crowdfunding update. "No universal translators,
no garbled animal noises: Star Citizen's aliens will be speaking their own authentic languages!" [...]

HRH, It going to be funny! ;D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Great news :)
The beta version of Star Citizen called Arena Commander is now in online multiplayer mode.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14066-Arena-Commander-Multiplayer-Available

We are very pleased to announce that Arena Commander's multiplayer is now available for all of Star Citizen's backers! We have been reviewing the user experience data from Patch 12.5 and have decided it's time to open the floodgates! Everyone with Alpha Access or an Arena Commander Pass can now play the current multiplayer modes (with more to be added soon!) Multiplayer will also be available to anyone who picks up an Arena Commander pass going forward.

Thank you to every backer who has helped get us to this point. Your feedback has been absolutely essential in improving Arena Commander and the multiplayer experience. Thank you for your forum posts, your Twitch streams, your bug reports and your patience with the process. The knowledge we've gained from this tiered rollout goes well beyond just this release: it's going to benefit how we launch every single future module and ultimately the Star Citizen Persistent Universe.

Remember: this is still a pre-alpha module! That means we still have plenty of work to do. The team is now working hard to add many planned features (like keybindings, scoreboards and additional ships) and also to improve what we've already created. In the coming weeks, expect to see a lot of work on game balance and Arena Commander's game rules (where players spawn, how a kill is calculated, how the matchmaking server decides to connect users and the like.) Your continued thoughts on how the game plays will be invaluable in this process!

For those of you new to the Arena Commander multiplayer experience, the QA team has generated a quick list of beginner tips. We've noticed that some players are frustrated by their first matches, going up against pilots with different ships and more experience. We're working on game rules changes that will alter this, but can also say that with a little patience you'll be dogfighting with the best of them in no time! Winning at Arena Commander requires some skill... but these tips should help get you started right:

Avoid flying slowly or sitting still. Especially after spawning into the middle of a chaotic fire fight.
Use boost as much as possible (left shift). The higher speed makes you a more difficult target to follow and fire on effectively.
Incorporate barrel rolls into your evasive maneuvers. Rolling and boosting can be very effective in helping to avoid enemy fire.
Avoid fixating on a single target. Continue changing targets and flying evasively to maintain situational awareness and find the more vulnerable enemies.
Avoid engaging another player head on. This is a sure way to get killed.
If you must engage a target head on, switching to decoupled mode (capslock) and strafing can help to avoid a last second collision.
Experiment with Comstab mode on and off (ctrl + capslock twice). Having it on will help minimize sliding while turning but having it off can help you become a harder target to hit.
With g-force safety toggled off (ctr+capslock) you can perform more aggressive maneuvers but be careful because the additional g-forces can cause you to black out.
If you have additional weapons at your disposal, experiment with alternate loadouts via the holo-table.
Missile damage is absorbed by shields. For maximum damage, weaken your enemies' shields by using standard weapons before firing missiles.
Try getting almost on top of your target before releasing a missile, in order to reduce the amount of time that your opponent has to react.
UPDATE 8/06/2014: We are currently seeing server load issues associated with the multiplayer rollout. Our engineers are investigating the problem. Discovering issues like this is the benefit of making such an early build available to the public! We thank you for your patience and support.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Tìtstewan

I would have to buy a new computer in order to play that game with maximum setting, and the graphics card will burn, lol.
However, it looks really amazing, wou! :o

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Toliman

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

It looks good, i think looks better than Horizonds in Elite:Dangerous but the flight model is not so much smooth as in E:D is.

Also, reason why i'll not buy it in the near future is that the game might be complete maybe 2017 or much later. So i will continue playing E:D for now and when SC come out i will definitely try it.

Quote from: Tìtstewan on December 16, 2015, 06:20:46 PM
I would have to buy a new computer in order to play that game with maximum setting, and the graphics card will burn, lol.

I'd have to do that as well, perhaps this Xmas or finally next one.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

So much has happened with this game. Can't wait to test it with VR headset next year. Yeah i am waiting with VR until next year to just give it some time.
Since the pledge funding from the community started, RSI has got in over $123 million. Star Citizen is at Alpha 2.5 now, and at GamesCom 2016 they revealed what will come in 3.0
There is over 1.5 million players in Star Citizen. I have played this on the beast of my computer, and it is really an fps killer, so i think there is still some performance issues, but heck it looks so good. From game-debate.com, Windows 10 64-bit is recommended settings and a gtx 780 or 980 for ultra settings requirements.
http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=5490&game=Star%20Citizen

GamesCom presentation of Star Citizen 3.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-3YBuFI3iI

Some of the places to visit in alpha 2.5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnsFlK5Klyk

Komäri

Toliman

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

More awesome gameplay footage of Star Citizen. Introducing procedural planets, and it is stunning :o

Full CitizenCon 2016 presentation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0

Introcution of procedural planets in Star Citizen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI