The Witcher 2

Started by 'Itan Atxur, June 04, 2011, 10:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Itan Atxur

FINALLY got The Witcher 2 installed (Excellent customer service I might add. The issue was completely my fault but they went above and beyond and fixed it). There have been very few times during my gaming career where something (be it a moment in the story, the graphics, or just something completely awesome) has made my jaw drop. The Witcher 2 has managed it multiple times. The graphics are simply amazing. Just a tad more at it would look as good a Crysis but the amazing thing is that completely maxed out (with Ubersampling off when I'm in open areas) I get a solid 30-40 fps on a 2 year old computer. Also, the attention to detail in the world and characters is some of the best I've seen.

Combat is, well, tough. The tutorial is bad so not only are you on your own figuring out what does what (the tutorial doesn't even tell you how to block) but off the bat your getting swarmed by tough enemies. No clearing the basement of rats here. I've only just begun to sift through the inventory and menus but it looks like theirs a TON of depth.

If you've got a computer capable of gaming and like western RPG's, get this game.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Tsamsiyu92

Got it, played it through. It's a really good game. I think it's an improvement from the first, for the combat is easier to understand and the GUI is not intimidating at all.

'Itan Atxur

I haven't played the original nor have I beaten this game (taking my time). I'm loving every minute though :)

Tsamsiyu92

Does Ubersampling actually have any positive effect? It is blurrier and goes all 'yom yom yom' on my framerate.

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, it eats my frame rate also. I get 40ish w/o it and 15 with it. But for a proper understanding of what ubersampling does, check out these comparison screens: