Myst

Started by Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan, August 02, 2010, 02:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekirä

Linking books to anywhere would be SO amazing. Can you imagine.....press your hand and wourha wourha wourha. ;)

Hawnuyu atxen

Yeah, it would be amazing, but if i remember correctly, there was only one D'ni person, who could write books to take you to somewhere inside an Age... but to visit other Ages... let's do it ;D
"Hrrap rä'ä si olo'ur smuktuä." ; "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung." (Assassin's Creed)

Nikre tsa'usìn!

Ekirä

Hey, it's a lost art, it can be found again. Right?  ;)

Hawnuyu atxen

Which?
If the "link inside an Age" thing, than yes, if one could do it, than there's a chance that there'll be another.
If the whole Art... in a certain way we are using it ;)

Anyways, if anyone finds a way to Write, please tell me too ;D :P ::)
"Hrrap rä'ä si olo'ur smuktuä." ; "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung." (Assassin's Creed)

Nikre tsa'usìn!

Ekirä

You know, just the whole art of writing links to ages. I think that's more possible than writing the ages themselves.

Learning D'ni might help. :P

Hmm...this could be a money-maker. ;)

!!!!NEW! LIMITED TIME OFFER!!!!

For a fee of $900,000 I will teach you how to write links*!

*--A full knowledge of D'ni is required.
--You must bring $900,000 in cash to the class.
--BYOB
--Already have an age to use. I'm not teaching how to makes ages, here, only how to make links to ages. Maybe if Atrus is really nice he'll make you an age.

Hawnuyu atxen

It's one of the biggest mysteries in Myst: do D'ni create the Ages, or they create only the links to them.

Once i found a learn-D'ni webpage, but it was total empty (i couldn't see any posts)...

Nikre tsa'usìn!

Ekirä

I wonder why no one has made more on the D'ni language. It seems like there would be an audience for it....I mean, don't they show a bunch of writing in the beginning of Revelation, in Atrus's home? Obviously they've put some work into it.

Hawnuyu atxen

Well, not as much work as in na'vi ;D but there were a place to learn D'ni, so there still might be some info about it...

Nikre tsa'usìn!

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Yeah I've been trying to learn it, but I've had no time.  The script is really cool looking. :D

Here is the homepage: http://linguists.riedl.org/old/main.htm

Hawnuyu atxen

I'd like to learn it, than play through the whole series again :D
... it would take too mmuch time though... :-\ One fictional language at a time is enough :D :D

Nikre tsa'usìn!

That way we could all write some korvax

hrh, I think one at a time is a good idea too, or else you could be a Na'vi who lives underground. :O

That ad is really funny, I might go for it. ::)

Hawnuyu atxen

Is the D'ni language the language of the Linking Books?

Quotehrh, I think one at a time is a good idea too, or else you could be a Na'vi who lives underground. :O

Not underground, but in an other Age :D what could still be underground though...

QuoteThat ad is really funny, I might go for it. ::)

First na'vi-bahro!
Now Tawteng will have something to hunt ;D

Nikre tsa'usìn!

Ekirä

Quote from: Hawnuyu atxen on August 03, 2010, 11:44:43 AM
... it would take too mmuch time though... :-\ One fictional language at a time is enough :D :D
Yeah, I've made that a rule for myself. Otherwise I'll just overwhelm my learning banks and lose steam on both of them. Na'vi is more important to me of the two, and it is pretty much all laid out for us. Not so much guesswork anymore.

Quote from: Hawnuyu atxen
First na'vi-bahro!
Now Tawteng will have something to hunt

LOL yeah. I've wondered, do we have any idea what exactly the bahro look like? I know what they sound like....but I am unclear on exactly what they are. I'm hoping that this isn't something I should obviously know...... :P

Yuo see the Bahro at the end of URU...or the expansions...can't remember.  They are wierd monkey things.   ;D

You know what age was annoying to me?  Eder Gira/Eder Kemo, I got stuck in the dark caves and kept losing my busgs in the rain. hrh

Hawnuyu atxen

Yes, the Bahro are in URU. :D You'll see.
The Eders wasn't that bad... i hated Gahreesen's end.. you know... little jump for The Stranger, big jump in completing the game...

Nikre tsa'usìn!

Ekirä

Quote from: Tskalepä Tsamsiyu on August 03, 2010, 01:47:44 PM
Yuo see the Bahro at the end of URU...or the expansions...can't remember.  They are wierd monkey things.   ;D

Hm....I don't think I saw them....Only heard them.

Quote from: Tskalepä Tsamsiyu on August 03, 2010, 01:47:44 PM
You know what age was annoying to me?  Eder Gira/Eder Kemo, I got stuck in the dark caves and kept losing my busgs in the rain. hrh

Oh god Eder Gira. Those buggies were SO hard to keep! And don't even get me started on the lobster cages. They were like impossible to get in the right places. Gah. I think that was the most frustrating part. And then once you get up to the ledge with your buggies you have to jump across the little waterfall, I fell off so many times. Oh well, at least I got to know Eder Kemo really well and I got good at chasing down the glow bugs.  ;D

Ahh!!! not the lobster cages!!

Although, I think the Great Zero Markers were super hard to find because the age you look for them at is HUGE and they are tiny things you cant see until you get close with your tracker ;D

Hawnuyu atxen

Quote from: Tskalepä Tsamsiyu on August 03, 2010, 08:29:20 PM
Ahh!!! not the lobster cages!!

Although, I think the Great Zero Markers were super hard to find because the age you look for them at is HUGE and they are tiny things you cant see until you get close with your tracker ;D

That drove me insane... especially the last one...
Took an Age to find ;D

Nikre tsa'usìn!

The last one!  :o

The machine that they make work is cool though :D

Which one has the underground air car thingy...Ahnonay I think? That part was cool.  ;D

Hawnuyu atxen

Unerground and car resembles Selenitic... You know, the labyrinth at the end... but there were a car in Ahnonay too, and if i'm right it really was underground too...
Ahnonay was good until we got to know that the whole thing is just a trick ;D until then that Age is creepy...

Nikre tsa'usìn!