New Call Of Duty, World Reveal in May 1st 2012

Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, April 23, 2012, 04:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExLibrisMortis

Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on May 02, 2012, 01:10:33 PM
No offense but people ITT watching a 2 minute trailer instantly saying it will be horrible without knowing anything about the gameplay.

::)

My "opnion" is based on a lot more information than what a single trailer bares.

Txantslusam Skxawng

The instant the trailer showed the battle in the city, I was like... This looks horrible, I felt like it was way to 'futuristic', from what is 13 years from now....

If zombies gets confirmed for this, I'll buy it afterwards when it dropped in price and since its CoD is popular, its going to take at least a year to drop 50% around here.

But if its the same as MW2, then its going to take at least 2 years....
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Niwantaw

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on May 02, 2012, 04:47:37 PM
The instant the trailer showed the battle in the city, I was like... This looks horrible, I felt like it was way to 'futuristic', from what is 13 years from now....

If zombies gets confirmed for this, I'll buy it afterwards when it dropped in price and since its CoD is popular, its going to take at least a year to drop 50% around here.

Blops is still full price around here :/
Only mostly AWOL.

Eanikran

Zombies is confirmed. Also you gotta realize, although BF3 trumps all for FPS multiplayer, treyarch is the better of the 2 cod developers, so I see their games as much more worth getting than IW games. I always thought cod campaigns were great. they don't have to be just 6 hours of CQ firefights.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Niwantaw on May 02, 2012, 04:49:09 PM
Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on May 02, 2012, 04:47:37 PM

Blops is still full price around here :/
I just checked it and its also still full price here... The site I checked has got it at 44,99 but still says, original price 59,99

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on May 02, 2012, 04:51:00 PM
Zombies is confirmed. Also you gotta realize, although BF3 trumps all for FPS multiplayer, treyarch is the better of the 2 cod developers, so I see their games as much more worth getting than IW games. I always thought cod campaigns were great. they don't have to be just 6 hours of CQ firefights.
But that is what CoD now represents.... I am not saying that is what they originally intended to, but it gets them a lot of money for it.

Eanikran

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on May 02, 2012, 04:54:57 PM
Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on May 02, 2012, 04:51:00 PM
But that is what CoD now represents.... I am not saying that is what they originally intended to, but it gets them a lot of money for it.
yeah, that's what MP is, I mean campaign. I very rarely play cod MP except zombies, but if I do play cod mp, it's black ops.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Yeah, story and co-op / zombies, I play it more then MP.

Tsamsiyu92

At the very least they're trying to do something new with the franchise. I'm not really a fan of CoD anymore, but this new game looks kinda interesting.

ExLibrisMortis

The concept is interesting, but the delivery that I've seen is so sub-par. It's pretty much gonna be game play/style/look of Black Ops with little improvements here and there.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on May 03, 2012, 10:41:47 AM
The concept is interesting, but the delivery that I've seen is so sub-par. It's pretty much gonna be game play/style/look of Black Ops with little improvements here and there.
The futuristic gameplay reminded me of BF 2142, but then again, I think any future shooter game can remind you of this.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Here is the E3 gameplay of Black Ops 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCu_NemLPZQ

so release is 13th of november this year

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Now, i've only played through the entire campaign once, but i can already say that as far as campaigns go, this is the best COD since MW2, at least, mostly because of the fact that i know your choices can affect the course of the game, which makes me want to play it again. Sure, it's got some of COD's regular campaign problems with occasionally poor dialogue and improbability issues, but i'm willing to look past that  :). I haven't played Zombies that much yet but it think it seems really cool at first sight, with the new campaign-ish TranZit mode where you travel from map to map by bus and all  :). Thought i'd give the multiplayer a try today, too. Heard Treyarch have made quite a few changes to it.

And one thing that surprises me is that a lot of people (like aynga here in this thread) seem to hate COD for different reasons while most critics seem to applaud it  :-\.

And BTW: Priceless fail you found, ma Tsanten  ;D!
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Eanikran

Everybody hates on it because they played one game in the series and didn't like it, so they automatically say every game sucks. my belief is that you have ZERO right to complain and say a game sucks if you haven't played it yourself.

Personally I play cod for campaign and zombies. Some MP here and there but not as much. I think BO2 is the best one since MW1. The multiplayer is pretty decent, zombies is insanity, and the multi branch campaign was pretty sweet. At first I thought things like the millimeter scanner and target finder in MP were going to make it complete BS, but they aren't as effective in MP as they are in campaign.

I do think it kind of sucks how they did away with cod points, though the pick 10 system works pretty well for balancing. The one thing (IMO) that needs changing is how they dumbed down the red dot reticles. In BO1 there were probably 40 or 50 different ones, and you could pick the color. In BO2, there is a different set of ~15 for each type of sight, and the color is preset for each one so you can't change it. That's one of the things I liked most about BO1. 

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itanEverybody hates on it because they played one game in the series and didn't like it, so they automatically say every game sucks. my belief is that you have ZERO right to complain and say a game sucks if you haven't played it yourself.

Indeed. It almost becomes like a sort of prejudice against the entire COD franchise.

And i've played some multiplayer these past couple of days and although i'm not quite sure yet, i think this could be my 2nd personal favorite COD MP, after Black Ops I. And, yes, i also miss the class system from Black Ops I where you could buy everything for your guns instead of always having to unlock them by completing challenges but i agree with you: The ``max number of items´´-system is a pretty good substitute.

I also think Black Ops I had the best multiplayer in terms of customization in general, like the fact that your primary perk, not your primary weapon, determined your appearance and i also think it had the coolest gun camos in general, with a few exceptions. And i'm sad to hear about the red dot sights  :(. Haven't been able to customize any of them yet since i haven't completed any of the required challenges with any of my guns yet.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

BTW: Seeing as how Black Ops II has multiple endings (five in total, according to Wikipedia), i got this idea of trying to map what player choices creates which ending. So far i've completed the games twice and got two different endings and i'm pretty sure i can remember what major choices i made in both playthroughs. If anyone would like to contribute to this project, please put your information in spoilers so people here that doesn't want to know the endings won't have it accidentally revealed to them.

Here are the major choices i made in both my playthroughs that i can think of from the top of my head:

If anyone has something to share about this, please share  :).

Txantslusam Skxawng

on my first playthrough I only thought there were 2 endings, since you at the end you get to choose to either kill or capture Menendez. I have no idea what choices influenced my ending.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

guest2859

\o/ Woo I just spoiled the ending

Nah it's cool, Blops II is amazing so far though the storyline seems to be predictable here and there.

Still like BF3 more, just gotta get it for the other system