PS3 updates

Started by Eanikran, January 26, 2011, 08:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eanikran

So, I just went to go play some zombies with a couple friends and I had to update to 3.56.

So I did, and it's going incredibly slow. Once it gets to 12% downloaded it locks up and says lost connection to server.
I've been hearing this from quite a few people and they all say theirs are stopping at 12 too.

Anybody on here having problems?

Emtokay

I don't run Lack Ops on my System.

Here of the other thing sony is trying to do to counter hacking and using pirated games? They're going all PC and having you enter a game code before the system can read. Hopefully it won't be a massive update patch
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

bommel

I'm currently running the update. Until 10% it was very fast, then at 10% it stopped (green WLAN light didn't flash). I already thought it would have crashed but then it continued. But its quite slow now compared to the speed prior to 10%...

Txantslusam Skxawng

It was done in like 20 minutes, but then again, I have 200+ GB on my PS3

And about the hack.... Didnt some Australian cracked the master code for the PS3, so you just buy a $25 USB and you download hacked games. Sony cant change the master code, because then all the current existing games ( the discs ) would be un-playable.
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

bommel

Yeah, but thanks to piracy Sony is thinking about introducing online activation (limited to 5 times per title). And those "hackers" are lying. They say they don't want to support piracy but then publish the code - naive fools -.-

Txantslusam Skxawng

But when you download stuff from the PS Store, it says you can share it with a maximum of 5 other playstations. And something like a game, like SOCOM, can't be gameshared.

Or are you talking about something else?
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Brainiac

Ran it on my gf's system. Was no problem. Took a while, but all's good now.
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

bommel

Yes, except taking some time it worked for me too.

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on January 27, 2011, 08:10:08 AM
But when you download stuff from the PS Store, it says you can share it with a maximum of 5 other playstations. And something like a game, like SOCOM, can't be gameshared.

Or are you talking about something else?
It's like the activation stuff you know from PC games. You still need the original disc inserted but before playing for the first time (or after installing on a fresh PS3) you will have to activate it first. This will be possible 5 times. But I don't know if they are sure about implementing this...

Tsteu nantang

It took less then 10 min for me total, so sorry i cant be of help
http://livenavi.forumotion.com/ HELP US OUT
Quote from: archaic
Plus she's hot, in a 'nine feet tall, skinny, blue, stripy, with a tail' kind of way.
old gallery link?id=2029[/img]

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on January 27, 2011, 07:41:03 AM
It was done in like 20 minutes, but then again, I have 200+ GB on my PS3

And about the hack.... Didnt some Australian cracked the master code for the PS3, so you just buy a $25 USB and you download hacked games. Sony cant change the master code, because then all the current existing games ( the discs ) would be un-playable.

Yeah, someone did. Microsoft gave him a free phone! ;D

Eanikran

Yeah, got mine updated last night finally. I think it's cause everyone was trying to download it all at one time. Kinda weird though how they were all getting stuck at 12% and losing connection though ::)

Emtokay

I had no problems downloading mine. I did it just before I saw this thread. Must be peoples internet connection.
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing