So... PSN has been taken down by a group of hackers.

Started by 'Itan Atxur, April 21, 2011, 10:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emtokay

If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Eanikran

I'm not trying to start fights here but for this particular situation oe strongly disagree. With Libris' example with the taxes though I do agree. My point is that PSN has been down for almost a month, and most likely won't be up until sometime after the month mark. Sony has decided to give everyone free content for compensation. This guy (in the link) is b**** talun he's not getting more than everyone else. In my opinion, since the whole f*cking network was down and no one could use it, one should be happy with what they get from Sony  instead of complaining that you're not getting enough compared to others. I know Sony won't change their compensation package because of his view point, but that's my opinion-the guy isn't happy with what he's getting, PSN is going back up and all he can think about is that he's not getting more than everybody else. The guy is a greedy ass who thinks he's better than everyone else, like people who have PSN+ are a better race or some stupid sh*t. And that just makes me rage.

'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Txantslusam Skxawng

WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on May 12, 2011, 02:56:19 PM
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 12, 2011, 02:48:50 PM
Anonymous servers are down!!

Talk about irony.

One word

''Hah!''

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on May 12, 2011, 02:54:52 PM
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 12, 2011, 02:48:50 PM
Anonymous servers are down!!

Talk about irony.

Fì'u.

I wish the attacks never began in the first place.

Annoying doesn't begin to describe it.

Anonymous is in civil hack-war, and I see nothing good coming from that.  Maybe while they were organizing, these hacks could have just been demonstrations, now I fear they will start to get mean with consumers' and end users' becoming the unwitting collateral damage.
私は太った男だ。

'Itan Atxur

I'm not sure Anonymous will do anything right now except try to defend and fix their servers. It would be unwise for them to attack anybody really, what with the FBI investigating them. I could be dead wrong though. They may just attack somebody anyways. I hope not.

Eanikran

Txantslusam Skxawng

We know how to live in a world without internet.... Anonymous doesn't :P

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on May 12, 2011, 03:27:25 PM
We know how to live in a world without internet.... Anonymous doesn't :P

My big "Wants" in life the past few years have been my iPod Touch, internet, video games, and Avatar. Proud to say I have easily managed to go very long stretches w/o each of them at some point, and almost all of them at one point :)

ExLibrisMortis

Anonymous being attacked isn't anything new. This is probably number... 15th time that AnonOps has been hit? Yet, look what they did to Sony...

Also, being PSN+ players, they've actually put more into the system than non PSN+ players. So if they feel better, they've kinda got a reason to be.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Feel better sure, but to only get everything out of PS+ you'll need to buy a lot that they offer and thats why I didn't, it also doesn't have any kind of improved internet connection and I bought the PS3 for 40% for free and 60% for gaming

Brainiac

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on May 13, 2011, 02:00:09 AM
Anonymous being attacked isn't anything new. This is probably number... 15th time that AnonOps has been hit? Yet, look what they did to Sony...

Also, being PSN+ players, they've actually put more into the system than non PSN+ players. So if they feel better, they've kinda got a reason to be.
On the other hand, in a time of crisis, small or big, everyone is equal, in my opinion. "The town flooded, but now we've got homes again. The rich get to move in to the better ones right away."
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Eanikran

Txantslusam Skxawng

I've been getting an error code today when trying to log in instead of the message 'There currently is maintenance.'

I think it was 80710092, then after a few tries I got the message again.

ExLibrisMortis

Quote from: Brainiac on May 13, 2011, 06:45:37 AM
On the other hand, in a time of crisis, small or big, everyone is equal, in my opinion. "The town flooded, but now we've got homes again. The rich get to move in to the better ones right away."

The town got flooded. The rich get to move into a house right away because they more likely than not have invested much more into the town that the poor has. Or even the middle class, the people whom have a much higher stake in the affairs of said town, by how much they've invested into it themselves, should be given priority. It's a you reap what you sow type of thing.

It's like healthcare insurance. If you pay the bare minimum, do you really expect to get the fancy coverage? No, not really. Yet, if you decide to pay the extra money, you damn well expect to get the better coverage and better deductibles on more advanced procedures.

It's pretty common sense actually. So I do think that Sony will probably be kicking more back to the PSN+ people than what they are currently advertising. It's good business practice, and its just the -right- thing to do.

Txantslusam Skxawng

But we aint bussinessmen... But Sony will probably let PS+ users get on PSN like a week before 'normal' users.

But why pay for a service that is already free. Why don't buy an Xbox then, no offensense or anything. Your not buying PS+ for the discounts and demo's/beta's... few days before the rest, that really is worth monthly subscription... Nobody is that stupid... well... maybe the infamous 8-year olds.

I just think PS+ service is dumb... That is why I am against, but hey, Sony has got to make money and ripping people off.... well.... every company does, cuz you always end up spending more.

Brainiac

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on May 13, 2011, 12:22:51 PM
Quote from: Brainiac on May 13, 2011, 06:45:37 AM

The town got flooded. The rich get to move into a house right away because they more likely than not have invested much more into the town that the poor has. Or even the middle class, the people whom have a much higher stake in the affairs of said town, by how much they've invested into it themselves, should be given priority. It's a you reap what you sow type of thing.

It's like healthcare insurance. If you pay the bare minimum, do you really expect to get the fancy coverage? No, not really. Yet, if you decide to pay the extra money, you damn well expect to get the better coverage and better deductibles on more advanced procedures.

It's pretty common sense actually. So I do think that Sony will probably be kicking more back to the PSN+ people than what they are currently advertising. It's good business practice, and its just the -right- thing to do.

On the other hand, they're at a pretty instable juncture. After all, they risk to lose a large portion of their fanbase. While their psn+ users may be their most loyal, they are few in numbers. 90% of PS3 users do not use PS+. Sony's should be to keep their fanbase, not to humour the elitists.
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Eanikran

^^^mllte.

And I agree with Txants, there's really not all that much to PS+ except some little added features and the hour-timed full game demos, so it is nearly the same as standard PSN, and I only have maybe 2 or 3 people on my friends list that have it. For all it's worth, I'd rather have a demo I can play over and over than one I can play for an hour, once.

One of the reasons why I still believe both standard and + users should all get the same compensation.

At this point, all I really care about is the damn thing getting back online so I can play my games. the compensation is a bonus (depending on what this yet-to-be-revealed company-chosen free content will turn out to be, good or meh), but since it's an issue, in this situation it's in all fairness that everyone receive the same thing. In other situations I could say different, but not here.

Human No More

I feel sorry for the people who had their card details stolen, but that's all. On the level of Sony, I find it hilarious. That's what happens when you make an enemy of hackers everywhere.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman