So... PSN has been taken down by a group of hackers.

Started by 'Itan Atxur, April 21, 2011, 10:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExLibrisMortis

Quote from: Brainiac on May 13, 2011, 07:07:28 PM
On the other hand, they're at a pretty instable juncture. After all, they risk to lose a large portion of their fanbase. While their psn+ users may be their most loyal, they are few in numbers. 90% of PS3 users do not use PS+. Sony's should be to keep their fanbase, not to humour the elitists.

I honestly didn't know that. You learn something new every day. And its not so much humouring the elitist, because it's those people's money and they have the ultimate decision on when and where they spend it. It's just plain good business practices to treat those that pay more with more respect and privilege than those that don't. Whether you agree with it or not is besides the point, it is what it is.

Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on May 13, 2011, 08:06:03 PM
The compensation is a bonus, but since it's an issue, in this situation it's in all fairness that everyone receive the same thing. In other situations I could say different, but not here.

Didn't know about the PSN+ features. Although I doubt thats the -full- extent of the privileges. Nevertheless, the actual level of fairness is to receive exactly what you put into it. If you put into the system more, you should expect to get more out of it. This philosophy applies everywhere. Now it may be emotionally stressing for you that a console that you bought with your own money has lost one of its key services for a while, as indicated by the language/demeanor used in prior posts, but if you take a step back and remove yourself, examining it from a bystanders perspective, you -will- see that simple philosophy should apply here.

Quote from: Human No More on May 14, 2011, 03:22:52 AM
I feel sorry for the people who had their card details stolen, but that's all. On the level of Sony, I find it hilarious. That's what happens when you make an enemy of hackers everywhere.
Sony did reap what it sowed with its totally apparent history. Sucks that their customers suffer because of it, those having their private information stolen being extremely more adversely affected that those disconnected from PSN, by far. If anyone is to truly blame in the process it's Sony. That's about it.

'Itan Atxur

But not everybody can afford the fancy health care. Do these people not deserve proper help during their time of need?

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Eanikran

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on May 14, 2011, 03:35:37 AM
Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on May 13, 2011, 08:06:03 PM
The compensation is a bonus, but since it's an issue, in this situation it's in all fairness that everyone receive the same thing. In other situations I could say different, but not here.

Didn't know about the PSN+ features. Although I doubt thats the -full- extent of the privileges. Nevertheless, the actual level of fairness is to receive exactly what you put into it. If you put into the system more, you should expect to get more out of it. This philosophy applies everywhere. Now it may be emotionally stressing for you that a console that you bought with your own money has lost one of its key services for a while, as indicated by the language/demeanor used in prior posts, but if you take a step back and remove yourself, examining it from a bystanders perspective, you -will- see that simple philosophy should apply here.
Actually that's really is about all it is. you can get some exclusive home screen themes and early access to some, but not all public game betas (though usually only about a week or so early), and and you can set your ps to automatically check for FW updates. My view point isn't because I'm "emotionally stressed", it's because I'm a regular user like everyone else is, regardless of PSN+ or not who deserves the same thing as everyone else, after a crisis that caused stolen credit card numbers. Getting your credit card number stolen as a result of Sony not implementing the proper security in the first place (the same things they are doing right now to stop this from happening again could have been put in place on PSN from day one) is essentially paying for it.

In other words...
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 14, 2011, 11:17:37 AM
But not everybody can afford the fancy health care. Do these people not deserve proper help during their time of need?
...Fì'u. They're both the exact same kind of situation.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Tweet from Playstation:

QuotePS3 System Software Update is now live http://bit.ly/mahEYV

Edit: Updating my PS3 atm
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Txantslusam Skxawng

New Twitter feed from Sony:

QuoteKazuo Hirai announces the phased restoration of PlayStation Network http://bit.ly/jYnzal

Txantslusam Skxawng

More news from Sony

QuotePlay On – PSN Restoration Begins Now by region. Follow along on the map http://bit.ly/lrvKD9

Brainiac

Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Sadly enough no, but I think it surely will start after America is done, maybe both SCEA and SCEE are working on the America region. On the other hand, Europe also gets some kind of Anti Identity Theft for PS3, but since Europe gots lots of different countries, it takes a little longer, I understand that, that it is not as easy as doing it for America.

Hopefully (West-)Europe will be online soon.

Emtokay

If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Emtokay

Txantslusam Skxawng

'Itan Atxur

Lol. Sony is never gonna live this down. This is a part of gaming history.

Emtokay

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on May 15, 2011, 04:53:34 AM
So how were the 10 min of fun, haha!

Well, I only just got into a game then got signed out. I had to update the firmware of the system first.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Its back online the Netherlands. And Emtokay, you never were online, not according what I saw in my friendslist when I just logged in. But you were accounts were last logged in 26 days ago.

Txantslusam Skxawng

And now we wait for the rest to come back online and get our 30 days of PS+ and 2 free games, but Sony, take your time, we can go on for a while now ^^

First when I came online, I changed my pass and then I had shut it off again, since I don't feel like going hardcore online gaming now + I got exams starting on Tuesday.

ExLibrisMortis

That's a WHOLE different discussion. One of the key things is that health care insurance is not a right, its a privilege. And yet another is that medical fields, -not- the insurance providers, but your doctor's/hospitals charge stupid amounts for procedures that shouldn't even be so much.

IN other news, I heard PSN was online. Seems not for long. But getting 2 free games out of it should be cool.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on May 15, 2011, 05:57:53 PM

That's a WHOLE different discussion. One of the key things is that health care insurance is not a right, its a privilege. And yet another is that medical fields, -not- the insurance providers, but your doctor's/hospitals charge stupid amounts for procedures that shouldn't even be so much.

IN other news, I heard PSN was online. Seems not for long. But getting 2 free games out of it should be cool.

Lol. I disagree with the first part, but definitely agree that hospitals charge WAY too much. But perhaps we should start a new topic for this discussion?

ExLibrisMortis

Brainiac

Yes, I'll shoo you out of here ^^

It's certainly an interesting discussion, but let's keep this thread on rails :p
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.