SONY's next-gen console, PS4 revealed

Started by Tsanten Eywa 'eveng, February 20, 2013, 06:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

The next-gen console to SONY is coming afterall. SONY has revealed that PS4 is coming.

Sony's Andrew House said the new console will create "experiences that surpass gamers' wildest expectations."

Lead system architect on the PlayStation 4, Mark Cerny, said "the development of a next-gen platform started about five years ago" and that it's goal is "freeing developers from technological barriers."

Cerny said the platform is "by game creators for game creators" and that its architecture is "like a PC, but supercharged." PS4 uses the X86 CPU and has 8GB of memory and a local hard drive. It uses APU technology and GDDR5 memory, which is typically reserved for "top of the line, high end graphics cards."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/20/playstation-4-revealed

Will there be a new controller? Yep there will. SONY has unveiled that too.
And here it is, the new dualshock controller to PS4

It features a share button and headphone jack and interacts with a stereo camera. Share lets players upload videos easily at any time.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/20/sony-reveals-playstation-4-controller-dualshock-4

Txantslusam Skxawng

WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Tìtstewan

So, now the fact that the PS4 is based on x86 architecture, games developer don't need to port a 'console game' from Cell arhitecture to x86 anymore. What I mean, the game developer can create a game for every platform. :D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

Tìtstewan

So, here the hardware of PS4

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Txantslusam Skxawng

I haven't seen the actual PS4 in the conference.... So is it revealed then? :P Philosoraptor

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

3D has ended. SONY is not interested anymore with 3D, but PS4 will support 4K-resolution.
http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/ps4-can-handle-4k-output-but-not-for-games-50010491/

Another game has also been confirmed for PS4. The next Battlefield game, BF4. Battlefield 4 will not be futuristic, but it will be set in present time, and it will release in 2014.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/25/battlefield-4-confirmed-for-next-gen-release

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 21, 2013, 09:36:40 AM
So, here the hardware of PS4

It's insane. From 256MB on PS3 to a memory to 8 gigs for PS4 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Nice work, SONY

PS4 will be superawesome

Have you seen how Watch Dogs will be on PS4? Damn, those graphics :o :o :o
Watch Dogs - PS4 Clip

bommel

Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 21, 2013, 12:00:19 AM
So, now the fact that the PS4 is based on x86 architecture, games developer don't need to port a 'console game' from Cell arhitecture to x86 anymore. What I mean, the game developer can create a game for every platform. :D
And as Microsoft seems to go a similar way according to some rumors we will have only x86 hardware around (except of the Wii U). I think this will really simplify development because you don't have to optimize for completely different architectures anymore. I've heard a lot of people complaining about the complexity of the Cell processors for example. And it is good for AMD to have some new big customers ;)

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on February 22, 2013, 02:16:07 PM
Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on February 22, 2013, 11:50:28 AM
I haven't seen the actual PS4 in the conference.... So is it revealed then? :P Philosoraptor

I have watched it completely live, but what I mean is, we have seen games, the controller and the specs. But what does the PS4 look like? Only missed about 10 minutes of the conference, but that was during the MediaMolecule presentation

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on February 26, 2013, 11:25:25 AM

I have watched it completely live, but what I mean is, we have seen games, the controller and the specs. But what does the PS4 look like? Only missed about 10 minutes of the conference, but that was during the MediaMolecule presentation

The model of PS4 wasn't showed. SONY hasn't showed it yet.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on February 26, 2013, 11:32:29 AM
Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on February 26, 2013, 11:25:25 AM

The model of PS4 wasn't showed. SONY hasn't showed it yet.
That's why I said Philosoraptor :)

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on February 25, 2013, 07:53:45 AM
It's insane. From 256MB on PS3 to a memory to 8 gigs for PS4 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Nice work, SONY

PS4 will be superawesome

Have you seen how Watch Dogs will be on PS4? Damn, those graphics :o :o :o
Watch Dogs - PS4 Clip

Actually the PS3 has 2 256MB sticks. One for the CPU and one for the GPU. The CPU and GPU both have access to both sticks so essentially the PS3 has 512 MBs of RAM. Just like the 360.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Txantslusam Skxawng

I've seen rumours that Watch Dogs was played on PC during presentation.... Never seen confirmation of this though

'Itan Atxur

That is true. It's too early in the morning for me to find proof but it is true.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Another PS4 game are coming

Primal Carnage
Is an online asymmetrical class-based multiplayer game which pits a team of Dinosaurs versus a team of armed humans, allowing the players to choose to play as either side.

PS4 - Primal Carnage Trailer

As you see here, is the confirmed PS4 games
http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Games

Txantslusam Skxawng

Isn't there already a game like that on PC? I remember downloading a free game from Steam that is kinda like this, but its in WW2 and German en American forces have armed dinosaurs with weapon, but you also play with regular soldiers........

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on March 26, 2013, 05:53:08 PM
Isn't there already a game like that on PC? I remember downloading a free game from Steam that is kinda like this, but its in WW2 and German en American forces have armed dinosaurs with weapon, but you also play with regular soldiers........

That's right. It was first released on PC at the end of last year, now it is coming to PS4.