StarCraft II

Started by Kìte'eyä Aungia, July 27, 2010, 01:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kìte'eyä Aungia

So, StarCraft II is out! Let us use this thread to exchange character info.

Here's mine:

Character Name: Vethrfolnir
Character Code: 988

Feel free to add me if you're looking to fill some space on your friends list. Unfortunately, I've got a phonology midterm today (terrible timing, I know), so I won't be able to actually play the game until some time in the evening, but shoot me a line so that I know who you are!  :D  

Hufwe ta'em

ಠ_ಠ my roomate wake up at 23h last night to go buy this game at 00h
today he call sick to play all day. TOTALY lekye'ung

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Let's just say that I'll probably won't get too much done the coming days :D

Rev

Here's Mine

Character Name: Rev
Character Code: 159
Region: Europe

Different regions use different Battle.Net server's, so European players can't play with American or Asian players

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/LearnNavi

judytuna

Character Name: judy
Character Code: 933
Region: US
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/358829/1/judy/

I stayed up all night after the midnight launch, too. I've finished the campaign on normal and placed into the gold league for 1v1 cuz I'm a noob. haha.

I love it. I love every part of it. I read all the billboards. I watched all the news broadcasts ("What goes bump in the night? It could be YOUR GIFTED CHILD" HAHAHA). I only played LOST VIKINGS a couple times, though. I couldn't believe the dancing night elf. Did you notice how "terrible terrible damage" got slipped in in the middle of a level? http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/terrible-terrible-damage hahahhahaaha!!!

Who wants to work on a starcraft ii custom map using Na'vi?

Nga kin nì'ul unobtanium.
You need more minerals?

'Ong nì'ul lìng-eyktan.
Blossom more hover-leaders?

LOL

wm.annis

Name: Xenophon
Code: 443
Region: US

I am a terrible player, but the first SC was the only computer game I ever really loved, and SC2 has the same attraction.

ShadowedSin

I'm breaking after the one mission with the supernova. Gotta re-tackle that one later tonight.
\Shadow's Sin
A Blog discussion Amazon and notes for the Arrow Child Novella!

Arrow Child
An Online Serial Novel and the first story in the Amazon Diaspora Saga.

Tompa'Ivong

Anaba  US(North America)
Character Code: 265

Ive had some experience to playing other battlefield sims, mainly Total Annihilation and a few older titles

"peu to fwa tskxefa ayuti ska'a lu sìltsan? Tskxe a kllkxem ulte fpi nga ayuti ska'a.
—Toggo, goblin weaponsmith

wm.annis

judytuna

w.m.annis, that may be my favorite thing on the internet right now =D =D =D

Watch the MLG raleigh starcraft 2 tournament live right now at http://gamebattles.com/ !!! (Click on Starcraft 2)

Husky and HDStarcraft are currently commentating a PvT. The T (nadagast) was a big name in the WoW arena competitive world too. (I'm kind of fangirly for HDStarcraft... he came to my game center for a teamliquid.net forum/local meetup last weekend. What a gentleman!)
Edit 4:06pm: now day[9] and JP are commentating another PvT ... the T is a huge favorite to win the tourney, Silver, but the P is giving him a run for his money as a relative unknown/underdog who is amazing with void rays. day[9] is SUPER-EXCITED hahaha

Those of you in this thread: are you guys really into Starcraft 2 as a spectator sport too? If you haven't checked out livestreams, I highly recommend:
Day[9] - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=104154    <--a community favorite. every mon-thurs at 7pm pst, he does a live episode on strategy. all episodes are viewable in the archives. he's great.
HDStarcraft - http://www.youtube.com/hdstarcraft - great shoutcaster =) lots of good commentary on replays
Trump - http://www.trumpsclive.com/ - watch a high-level terran player play live all the time (with classical music to boot)
PainUser - here's his livestream - another high-level terran player's livestream
Psy - http://www.youtube.com/psystarcraft - high-level zerg player (er, is he playing random now? he was zerg in beta i think)

And many more, but these are just the few that I've been exposed to and really love =D =D =D You can tell that I haven't REALLY begun to take Starcraft seriously because I'm a Protoss player and I still don't know the good Protoss livecasters xP /self-flagellation

Sіr. Ηaxalot

There's some pretty epic stuff going on. It's soon election over here in Sweden, and the pirate party has organized a SC2 Tournament between the parties, first match played tomorrow!

Hopefully full replays will be available, they aren't casting them live afaik.

Kìte'eyä Aungia

Quote from: judytuna on August 27, 2010, 05:48:04 PM
Those of you in this thread: are you guys really into Starcraft 2 as a spectator sport too?

Indeed, it is more fun to watch than you might expect. I mostly watch Day[9] because I'm a total noob and he seems to be focusing on gold and silver level play a lot recently. I also like Husky, but I can't stand his voice for long periods of time.

wm.annis

Quote from: Kìte'eyä Aungia on August 31, 2010, 12:10:31 AMIndeed, it is more fun to watch than you might expect. I mostly watch Day[9] because I'm a total noob and he seems to be focusing on gold and silver level play a lot recently. I also like Husky, but I can't stand his voice for long periods of time.

I'm also a fan of Day[9], mostly because he can be such a goofball.  A good chunk of his commentary is still beyond my abilities but I still watch since he's obviously still having fun with this game.  I agree on Husky's voice.

Payä Tìrol

This hasn't been posted in a while, but I only recently got SC2 >_>

Vowels: 590
US
Oeyä atanìl mì sìvawm, mipa tìreyä tìsìlpeyur yat terìng

judytuna

Hi again tanhì si players! HRH

Are any of you watching the GSL? I'm watching it live every night and going to bed after 5:30am. -_- Last night there were two protoss players in the group WOOOHOOOO

There've been a lot of silly things out there. Here are only a few of my favorites:

Tasteless theme song

Adorable little kid casting games with her dad on Nuubcast (only four years old!)

Everyone's excited about reading this book: The Starcraft Bible. It's about the growth of the community and the pro-gaming scene.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: wm.annis on August 31, 2010, 07:28:36 AM
Quote from: Kìte'eyä Aungia on August 31, 2010, 12:10:31 AMIndeed, it is more fun to watch than you might expect. I mostly watch Day[9] because I'm a total noob and he seems to be focusing on gold and silver level play a lot recently. I also like Husky, but I can't stand his voice for long periods of time.

I'm also a fan of Day[9], mostly because he can be such a goofball.  A good chunk of his commentary is still beyond my abilities but I still watch since he's obviously still having fun with this game.  I agree on Husky's voice.

Random note. My friend have almost shaken hands with Day[9].

Nifty

Ooo, didn't know there were some people interested in RTS as well. Glad to see that I'm not the only RTS fan, too many FPS peeps these days.  :P I can't say I'll be playing often but here's a bit of my SC2 background.

Name: mmsharpeye
Code: 912

Campaign: Not completed (but I did it on brutal on SEA region)
1v1: Platinum
2v2: Diamond
3v3: Diamond
4v4: Platinum
Main Race: Protoss

*Learnt from Day[9]'s tutorial vids but I've played sc1 before so that might have helped me =3*

I'm happy to help others to improve their skills or to just have plain fun.  ;)

EDIT: Yes I know it's been a while since the last post...  :'(
Oel tsapayang ngati ulte yom ngahu menari lu wutso. Jks ^-^
*I'm back from the dead... that is back after around 9 months... I'm sorry =(, school's been tough*

I've gone into making game guides for Wesnoth and getting back to a skill I haven't used for over 10 years... drawing. :)

judytuna

Nice! Glad to meet you =) I'm still only gold in 1v1. So you're in the SEA region? I'm in NA.

I'm not a good player, but I'm an avid spectator! I organize parties to watch the GSL finals live in Berkeley, CA... and they got the attention of GOMtv, so they asked me for pictures to put on their website, to show how much we foreigners love the GSL! http://www.gomtv.net/2011gslsponsors3/photos/65180 You can see me right behind the projector =D

Also, I just went to MLG Anaheim. I drove down on Friday, so for me, it was two days of nonstop esports. Starcraft II is getting huge in this country! We had to be really aggressive about getting seats--I drove down with 5 of my friends, one of which is temporarily in a wheelchair for a broken ankle, so we tried really hard to get seats on the edges so he could stay near us haha. We cheered like crazy people for Boxer and after that first hour-long game, we all rubbed our eyes and stared at each other in disbelief. We cheered like crazy people for White-ra. We cheered like crazy people for DongRaeGu. We wandered around to watch people in the open brackets. I didn't go for autographs, but some of my friends did. My friend had gone to Korea for vacation a while ago and brought back some thunder sticks from the GOMtv studio, so I beat them together until they couldn't last more than a minute without deflating, haha. It was quite an experience. If day9 appeared, he was instantly mobbed, and he looked so tired, but he always had that huge goofy grin =) Esports is fun because people are really good to us fans.

At the end of Saturday, I got a picture with SlayerS_Jessica, who I admire a lot for her warmth and dedication to esports, and for standing up for Slayers_Eve. It's a polarizing topic for some people; whenever gender is brought up in nerd circles there is always a lot of drama =( It's something I feel very passionately about. Anyway, I was really moved because when I shook her hand and thanked her for championing more women in esports, she took my hand and held onto it through getting a picture, haha. People tell me that it's a cultural thing--in Korea, you're more likely to hold somebody's hand than in America--but it seemed like she really cared, haha.

My brain is full of that drop onto Boxer's sieged tanks D: , and white-ra's zealot+sentry play. I wish I could do that! Time to download special tactics =)

Nifty

Thanks Juda  :)

I envy you, I wish I could attend GSL but unfortunately I have to attend to my school studies. =3 Maybe if I get good enough with my SC2 play I'll attend GSL  ;D. It must be exciting to have the GSL hosted back in your country, if only Australia held it hey?

Anyhow thanks welcoming me and I look forward to seeing you on NA.
Oel tsapayang ngati ulte yom ngahu menari lu wutso. Jks ^-^
*I'm back from the dead... that is back after around 9 months... I'm sorry =(, school's been tough*

I've gone into making game guides for Wesnoth and getting back to a skill I haven't used for over 10 years... drawing. :)