Dead Space 2

Started by Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}, January 31, 2011, 07:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

ah! the horror!!!

heh anyway heres the sthread for anyone who wishes to talk about this game.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Brainiac

Played the demo. I have too many games to play now before I get to that one though. But it looks really awesome.
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

bommel

I played Dead Space and I really liked it. Don't know yet if I will buy part II on release date or if I wait some time...

Brainiac

Hokay, my short review, for all of you wondering:
It's a good game, but unless you're easily frightened, it's not that good a horror game.
The newness of the first game wears out. It's challenging, but not really surprising enough at times to hold my interest.

Hufwe ta'em

Raise your hand if u never play in darkness

Raiden

I like this game.

But I liked DS1 better.

DS1 had actual bosses, and DS2 didn't...it has one at the end, sorta, and it has some "bosses" that are really more like quicktime events.

I hate quicktime events.

One thing about it that I thought was strange was that since I preordered the collector's edition, I got some special armor/weapons to use ingame, but they were available as soon as I got my suit, so the difficulty curve was really kind of nonexistent at times...

The zealot force gun's secondary fire killed the first tripod boss in two hits.

The other thing I didn't like was the lack of new necromorphs. There was gonna be 2 more, but they got removed before they finished it, which was really dumb.

A huge part of the horror in the first game was when you ran into a new creature by surprise; you had to think quickly about how to deal with it, in many cases, and that actually made it much scarier.

I would love it if for DS3 they added a bunch of new 'morphs, and they showed all of them by surprise and without warning, as it would mean that the player couldn't use cinematics/intros to each creature to find their weak points before the fight even begun.

And the multiplayer...yeah, no thanks. Hopefully EA won't be retarded about that this time. If they added co-op campaign, I'd try it, but IMO multiplayer doesn't work so well for many third person shooters.
Trouble keeps me running faster

Save the planet from disaster...

Brainiac

I didn't think the javelin gun was all that, until my NG+. It kicks ass against stalkers xp