A few questions.

Started by Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem, January 30, 2017, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem

Q1. So we know that some "random Na'vi" and Neytiri and her Sister (whose name I always forgot), visited Grace's school before it was attacked by the RDA and shut down.

But, what about some more main Na'vi? For example Tsu'tey. Did he visit Grace's school? I mean, he did not seem to be so hostile to Grace, possibly because he knows/knew her.

So, with anyone's knowledge, did he visit the School?

Q2.Who would have been the future Tsahik if Sylwanin had not been killed?
I know it would have probably still been Neytiri due to the fact, that not much is known about Avatar yet. (As in things unrelated to the main things). Whoever was older, (I do not know), was probably going to be the future Tsahik. But it still gets me somewhat confused.

Q3.Did any Na'vi have eye sight issues?

I do know that pretty much, every single creature on Earth does have a select few which have even the slightest bit of issue with Sight. But, what about Na'vi?

Q4.Were Clans hostile to each other?

So, in the Film we see the Omaticaya gathering clans for battle. But, were Clans hostile to each other?

Eana Unil

I think some of your questions can only be finally answered by Jim Cameron. Until we get final answers/confirmation or whatever, we only can speculate.

Quote from: Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem on January 30, 2017, 04:57:26 AM
Q1. So we know that some "random Na'vi" and Neytiri and her Sister (whose name I always forgot), visited Grace's school before it was attacked by the RDA and shut down.
But, what about some more main Na'vi? For example Tsu'tey. Did he visit Grace's school? I mean, he did not seem to be so hostile to Grace, possibly because he knows/knew her.
So, with anyone's knowledge, did he visit the School?
Neytiri's Schwester was called Sylwanin (you answered that question yourself down below hrh). I'm pretty sure that Tsu'tey visited the school as well - how else could he have learned English? Sure, Neytiri or someone else could have shared their knowledge they got from Grace with others, but I like to think that when Grace first built connections with the Omatikaya they started to share their knowledge. How else would they have been able to communicate?
The Omatikaya would have had to learn English and Grace Na'vi.
So maybe before the school was officially opened, they gathered to learn from each other, until it became clear that "you can't fill a cup which is already full" and until that massacre at the school happened.
Mo'at also speaks English pretty well.

Maybe some Omatikaya and Humans/Avatars gathered and communicated and Grace then was allowed to build her school in order to further strengthen their bond they've built. Grace said that she'd put 10 years of her life into that school, so I'm pretty sure we can add at least some months, if not years to that total timeframe (before the school was built/opened).

I doubt that Grace was allowed to build that school right away, without a single bit of communication beforehand, so, yeah...

Also, the school was then thought for the younger Omatikaya, like Sylwanin and the others who got shot. Maybe at that time Neytiri and Tsu'tey have learned enough in Grace's school and didn't attend it any longer, because we also know that "the kids were so bright, eager to learn. They've picked up English faster than I could teach it".

QuoteQ2.Who would have been the future Tsahik if Sylwanin had not been killed?
I know it would have probably still been Neytiri due to the fact, that not much is known about Avatar yet. (As in things unrelated to the main things). Whoever was older, (I do not know), was probably going to be the future Tsahik. But it still gets me somewhat confused.
As far as I know Sylwanin was younger than Neytiri. I don't know how the clans choose who's to be the next Olo'eyktan or Tsahìk. I just can assume that it's kinda passed down from generation to generation; knowledge about rituals and Eywa being taught by mother to daughter.
Later in the movie we learn that Neytiri was supposed to become the next Tsahìk, I don't know if Sylwanin was supposed to take that role before she died.
Imo it was only Neytiri who should('ve) become the next Tsahìk (because we also see in the movie that she has talent for it, kinda); "Sylwanin and other young hunters quit coming to school one day", which for me means that Sylwanin was only a young taronyu and not Tsahìk-to-be.
Edit: I just remembered, when Jake jokes about dating Sylwanin, too, Grace says something about her, but I can't quite remember what. Did she say there that Sylwanin was supposed to be the next Tsahìk? Or does she only say that about Neytiri? (She and Tsu'tey will become a mated pair; she'll be the next Tsahìk)

QuoteQ3.Did any Na'vi have eye sight issues?
I do know that pretty much, every single creature on Earth does have a select few which have even the slightest bit of issue with Sight. But, what about Na'vi?
Well, I simply don't know. I think it's possible; we do know that average Na'vi eyesight must be pretty good and that they can grow pretty old (burial scene). What this means exactly... well. To answer this question, we'd need more of Cameron's canon.

QuoteQ4.Were Clans hostile to each other?
So, in the Film we see the Omaticaya gathering clans for battle. But, were Clans hostile to each other?
Imho yes. Simply put. Na'vi have and always seem to have had a huge variety of weaponry. Bows for hunting, knives, axes, tomahawk-ish poles, spears, sword-like stuff, and so on. In the deleted scenes we can see Jake and Tsu'tey fighting each other over Neytiri in a ritual. I doubt that they have developed this amount of weaponry just for hunting or ritualistic purposes.
Na'vi are fierce warriors, and more or less pretty territorial. That alone can lead to clan wars/conflicts imho. I mean, mighty Toruk Makto is needed to unite the clans, so I doubt that every clan is best friends with all other clans.

But again, that's Cameronian territory and hopefully many of our yet unanswered questions will be answered by the following movies.

Tìtstewan

Since Tsu'tey speaks English, he has visited Grace's school.

I think, Neytiri would be the next Tsahìk, but at the moment, it is highly unknown how a Na'vi really becomes a Tsahìk.

As issues do happen, I don't see why Na'vi should be excluded from getting eye (or any other kind of) issue. It's normal that there will be differences.

As for clan hostile, unknown. But there could have been some hostile actions between various clans.

---

Nìntsya! ;D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem