Started by Sylwaninismasis, May 06, 2011, 03:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archaic

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 29, 2011, 04:37:45 AM
Wow. I never made the connection between them bringing Graces body and leaving Jakes.

Really? It was one of the things I spotted the first time I saw the movie!
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: archaic on May 29, 2011, 07:06:37 AM
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 29, 2011, 04:37:45 AM
Wow. I never made the connection between them bringing Graces body and leaving Jakes.

Really? It was one of the things I spotted the first time I saw the movie!

I'm glad to know there are still some things I'm missing. Makes me want to watch it again!

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Puvomun

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 29, 2011, 02:07:15 PM
I'm glad to know there are still some things I'm missing. Makes me want to watch it again!

There is so incredibly much in that movie, I still see and hear new things (I also count understanding new words here, though). It is very hard to draw my attention away from 'the action', but around the main characters so much happens. People walking, talking, doing things. It is stunning, so rich this movie is in detail.

And nìngay, the fact that they left Jake's avatar in the ashes was very meaningful.

(I enjoy this discussion. :))
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Puvomun on May 29, 2011, 02:53:54 PM

(I also count understanding new words here)

So do I. I love trying to understand what the Na'vi in the background are saying.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 29, 2011, 03:00:54 PM
Quote from: Puvomun on May 29, 2011, 02:53:54 PM

(I also count understanding new words here)

So do I. I love trying to understand what the Na'vi in the background are saying.

Me too :D And Puvomun has a good point. Tsu'tey already didn't like Jake very much, but when he found out he had mated with Neytiri, he was furious. He and the rest of the warriors gladly left Jake behind during the attack on Hometree. I wonder what Neytiri was thinking in that brief moment that she paused next to Jake before continuing into the forest. Tho, I do find it a bit strange that they took Grace with them because weren't they both accused of betrayal? I mean, they were both tied up.

But yeah I agree that the real turning point is when Jake came back as Toruk Makto. Toruk Makto is the greatest most noble symbol in Na'vi culture and I think that when Jake came back is when Tsu'tey saw that Jake was truly fighting for the Omatikaya.

Now, going back to the original question: I definitely think that Neytiri belongs with Jake. I think Tsu'tey is too..."hard pressed" for her. Sure she's a formidable warrior and will kill anyone who threatens her or her people, but in the movie we also see that she has a playful free-spirited side that Jake really brings out in her (I love how that happens :) ). There is also evidence in the movie that Neytiri wanted to be with Jake. She didn't waste any time taking him to the Tree of Voices, a very romantic spot at night IMO. Plus it's pretty clear that she went through some trouble to make herself look as beautiful as possible (and man does she look beautiful in those scenes <3 ). I mean, she took out all her braids, knowing that she'd have to put them back in at some point. Plus....did y'all see how her expression and tone changed when she said "and you may choose a woman"? She knew Jake could choose anyone, but I think that from her tone it's pretty clear that she didn't want to think about him choosing anyone else but her. (How could anyone miss that beautiful smile when Jake said "But this woman must also choose me"?) I think Ney and Jake are meant to be :)

My 2 and a half cents
-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Very logical and nice explanation, ma Txonä! :) My view is definitely similar to yours.

Amaya

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on May 31, 2011, 08:01:02 PM

Now, going back to the original question: I definitely think that Neytiri belongs with Jake. I think Tsu'tey is too..."hard pressed" for her. Sure she's a formidable warrior and will kill anyone who threatens her or her people, but in the movie we also see that she has a playful free-spirited side that Jake really brings out in her (I love how that happens :) ). There is also evidence in the movie that Neytiri wanted to be with Jake. She didn't waste any time taking him to the Tree of Voices, a very romantic spot at night IMO. Plus it's pretty clear that she went through some trouble to make herself look as beautiful as possible (and man does she look beautiful in those scenes <3 ). I mean, she took out all her braids, knowing that she'd have to put them back in at some point. Plus....did y'all see how her expression and tone changed when she said "and you may choose a woman"? She knew Jake could choose anyone, but I think that from her tone it's pretty clear that she didn't want to think about him choosing anyone else but her. (How could anyone miss that beautiful smile when Jake said "But this woman must also choose me"?) I think Ney and Jake are meant to be :)

My 2 and a half cents
-Txonä Rolyu

That scene was one of the most interesting for me to examine when I was working on it for my fic...there was definitely a lot going on between them, and a lot that went unspoken, too.  That's acutally what I like best about the scene, I think: everything that's hovering in the background.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on May 31, 2011, 08:01:02 PM
Plus....did y'all see how her expression and tone changed when she said "and you may choose a woman"?
-Txonä Rolyu

I noticed that too. There are no mistakes, accidents, or coincidences in this movie. EVERYTHING is there for a purpose. I love it!

archaic

Agreed. I also spent a long time watching and re-watching that scene, mostly for the same reason. Plus I like it as a movie scene too.

I have said this before I know, but you can see the touch of heart break when Neytiri thinks Jake might choose Peyral.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

bommel

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on June 01, 2011, 08:37:39 PM
I noticed that too. There are no mistakes, accidents, or coincidences in this movie. EVERYTHING is there for a purpose. I love it!
Yes, it is just an awesome movie!

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: bommel on June 05, 2011, 06:38:34 AM

Fì'u. :) I think the fact that Cameron had been wanting to do this film for so long has the advantage that he really put his heart into it and made sure every detail was perfect and significant. :D

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on June 05, 2011, 07:12:25 AM

Fì'u. :) I think the fact that Cameron had been wanting to do this film for so long has the advantage that he really put his heart into it and made sure every detail was perfect and significant. :D

I feel the same way about Titanic though. Everything is thought out. I don't know how long he was working on that though.

'Oma Tirea

...with an awesome and meaningful purpose, which is why I can't get away from it :D

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on June 05, 2011, 11:24:41 PM

...with an awesome and meaningful purpose, which is why I can't get away from it :D

Gee, I wonder why we're all members of this site? None of us seem to be very big fans of the movie...  ;D

Puvomun

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on June 05, 2011, 11:35:39 PM
Gee, I wonder why we're all members of this site? None of us seem to be very big fans of the movie...  ;D

You must be right, considering the time we all spend here on the forum instead of watching it (yet another time. ;))

Really, I have never seen a movie that had such a profound impact on me. And it only gets better.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Puvomun on June 05, 2011, 11:40:00 PM
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on June 05, 2011, 11:35:39 PM

You must be right, considering the time we all spend here on the forum instead of watching it (yet another time. ;))

Really, I have never seen a movie that had such a profound impact on me. And it only gets better.

Same here. I mean, I remember when Spiderman 2 came out. It was the first movie I'd ever seen twice in theaters. I'd never even thought of doing that for any other movie. I mean, the way I saw things, if you've seen it once you don't need to see it again for a few years, right?

17 Avatar theatrical viewings later...

The best part is that I got lucky the the audience viewing it with me. On multiple occasions I could totally tell that the person sitting next to me was completely absorbed and was understanding all of Avatars subtitles. They may have been complete strangers, but sharing the Avatar experience with others just magnifies everything about it.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on June 06, 2011, 12:12:19 AM
The best part is that I got lucky the the audience viewing it with me. On multiple occasions I could totally tell that the person sitting next to me was completely absorbed and was understanding all of Avatars subtitles. They may have been complete strangers, but sharing the Avatar experience with others just magnifies everything about it.

It's even more so when you know the people around you and you know they're in the same mindset as you are about Avatar, trust me. I just returned from the first Seattle meet up and the group watched Avatar together Saturday night....I have no words for that experience.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

'Itan Atxur

My seventh viewing I went with somebody who really doesn't watch movies at all and when she does, it's definitely not in the theaters and DEFINITELY not a graphic intensive actiony movie. She's a low tech minimalist kind of person. Heck, even her TV was almost as old a me.

But I pretty much forced her to go. She ended up seeing the movie twice more in theaters and purchased a 3D TV as a result.

Puvomun

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on June 06, 2011, 08:09:18 AM
My seventh viewing I went with somebody who really doesn't watch movies at all and when she does, it's definitely not in the theaters and DEFINITELY not a graphic intensive actiony movie. She's a low tech minimalist kind of person. Heck, even her TV was almost as old a me.

But I pretty much forced her to go. She ended up seeing the movie twice more in theaters and purchased a 3D TV as a result.

That is so cool. When I went to see it in the cinema for the 4th (or 5th?) time I almost worried that the evening would be ruined as there were so many screaming and talking people. But once the movie started, it was as if everyone got a muffler in their face or so. The entire audience was captivated. Never experienced something like that before.

I actually bought my big-screen TV and a bluray player for Avatar. And every time I see the movie I am so pleased with it.

The movie is breathtaking and mindboggling in so many ways. The change of heart of Jake. The way Neytiri slowly gets attracted to Jake. The views of Pandora. heck, if there were a bluray with 4 hours of nothing but Eywa'eveng nature shots, with fauna and flora, I'd get it and watch it over and over again.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Puvomun on June 06, 2011, 08:24:06 AM
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on June 06, 2011, 08:09:18 AM

The movie is breathtaking and mindboggling in so many ways. The change of heart of Jake. The way Neytiri slowly gets attracted to Jake. The views of Pandora. heck, if there were a bluray with 4 hours of nothing but Eywa'eveng nature shots, with fauna and flora, I'd get it and watch it over and over again.

Definitely! :D I think one just can't help feeling drawn to the screen when watching Avatar. :) I honestly can't understand people who watch it and say that it's bad, or that they don't like it. It's practical insanity to me hrh! ;D