Started by Sylwaninismasis, May 06, 2011, 03:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylwaninismasis

Heyyy guys! I havent been on here in awhile... ive been pretty busy. Haha, anyways.....

Do you think Neytiri should have been with Tsuta, or Jake? I know that Tsuta is dead and stuff, but IF he wasnt, who do you think Neytiri should have chosen, and why???? Let me know what you think! :)
Nga Yawne Lu Oer, Taronyu.

Swoka Ikran

His name is spelled Tsu'tey ;)

Neytiri would've taken Jake anyway. After all, she spent 3 months teaching Jake, falling in love with him in the process. She didn't really like Tsu'tey that much to start with (and Tsu'tey was supposed to be Sylwanin's mate anyway until she died).

Also, Tsu'tey dying had no impact on Neytiri's choice...he was still alive when she chose Jake.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

archaic

True. If he ha lived, who do you feel he might have chosen instead of Neytiri?
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Kamean

Yes. Neytiri choose Jake before war. Therefore, whether alive Tsu'tey or not - have solved nothing.
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Lora Syulang

You said who do you think she should've chosen. I know her parents think she should've chosen Tsu'tey. I think she choosing from the heart is better. To spend your whole life with somebody you really don't love while seeing that somebody you do love but can't have isn't really a good way to start a marriage. :)

Kamean

Maybe with Tsu'tey, even without Jake, nothing would have happened. They don't interwove their braids.

Human No More

Jake, of course. She actually chose him, while with Tsu'tey, he was originally going to mate with Sylwanin - presumably Neytiri was simply expected to when she died :(
Although I'd rather Neytiri mated with me... :'(
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Human No More on May 11, 2011, 06:07:41 AM

Grrrr >:( She's mine... see, I got her right in the lower corner down there...

Anyways, I totally think Tsu'tey is completely awesome and understand his hatred for Jake and the Sawtute. That being said, Jake and Neytiri formed a natural relationship, which is the way it should be always IMO.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Kamean

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 11, 2011, 06:17:58 AM
Quote from: Human No More on May 11, 2011, 06:07:41 AM

Grrrr >:( She's mine... see, I got her right in the lower corner down there...

Anyways, I totally think Tsu'tey is completely awesome and understand his hatred for Jake and the Sawtute. That being said, Jake and Neytiri formed a natural relationship, which is the way it should be always IMO.
Agree. The more I watch a movie, the more I love Tsu'tey.

archaic

Jake

Really? I felt that Tsu'tey was saying "I can't forgive you for stealing Neytiri, for making her cry, for withholding pretty important facts or for being a dumb ass tawtute. BUT I will come along with you, now you're Toruk Makto, because it's in our tradition."

And I felt that he was so keen to die and for Jake to take over as Oloeyktan because:-
a) He knew he was looking at a long slow painful death.
b) If he survived and made a full recovery, he had become Oloeyktan because he was to mate with the chiefs daughter, but Sylwanin got killed and Neytiri mated with Jake. So Jake has a stronger claim to be alfa male than Tsu'tey, potentially robbing him of power and respect within the clan.

'Itan Atxur

Its in his eyes during the scene and in his attitude towards Jake afterwards. I believe Tsu'tey only wants the best for his people and for Neytiri to be happy. I also believe that after the Toruk Makto scene he sees that Jake only wants the same.

Kamean

I agree and believe too.

archaic

I'll just have to re-watch it then. Damn! :D

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: archaic on May 11, 2011, 11:30:34 AM
I'll just have to re-watch it then. Damn! :D

Man what a chore that'll be huh? Hrh ;D

archaic

Amaya

My interpretation of 'tey is quite different from both of these.  I fully believe that before Jake screwed things up by mating Neytiri ;) he and Tsu'tey were starting, in a rather awkward way, to become friends (thus Jake referring to him as "brother" in that scene) and although Tsu'tey felt betrayed by both of them (understandable even if, as I also have in my fannon, he was originally in love with and to be mated to Sylwanin) he later had time to think about the situation as the clan moved to Ayvitraya Ramunong and was thus in a headspace to listen which was only enhanced by the appearance of Toruk, a situation which could only increase his likelihood to view Jake in a positive light.  Not to mention the fact that by that point, Tsu'tey had assumed the position of Olo'eyktan, and had to be more open to listening to others, being thrust into that position far before he had expected to have such responsibility.

>.> yes, I've given that quite a bit of thought.

Human No More

Quote from: archaic on May 11, 2011, 10:54:27 AM

Jake

Really? I felt that Tsu'tey was saying "I can't forgive you for stealing Neytiri, for making her cry, for withholding pretty important facts or for being a dumb ass tawtute. BUT I will come along with you, now you're Toruk Makto, because it's in our tradition."
That scene is only the start of it, and he regains a LOT of respect for Jake there, but it takes longer - look at when they are flying to the battle together, than afterwards :'(... He considers Jake a brother like any other Na'vi and knows he will do what is best for the Omatikaya.
I don't think Tsu'tey really wanted to take a risk, he was just fighting alongside everyone else, and that's the way it happened :(
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

archaic

Again, I interpreted that scene differently.

I felt that Tsu'tey was acknowledging what he saw as inevitable, with him gone Toruk Makto would surely become the next Oloeyktan. Giving his blessing was just a formality.

Puvomun

Quote from: Human No More on May 13, 2011, 11:14:45 AM
Quote from: archaic on May 11, 2011, 10:54:27 AM

Jake

That scene is only the start of it, and he regains a LOT of respect for Jake there, but it takes longer - look at when they are flying to the battle together, than afterwards :'(... He considers Jake a brother like any other Na'vi and knows he will do what is best for the Omatikaya.
I don't think Tsu'tey really wanted to take a risk, he was just fighting alongside everyone else, and that's the way it happened :(

I saw the movie again last night, and yes, Tsu'tey is formidable.
For me the turning point in Tsu'tey's attitude came when Jake came back to the people on Toruk. Remember: Jake had been tied up, left to die during the attack on Hometree, his uniltìrantokx had been left in the ashes while the people took Grace's body with them. And still, Jake went out on a limb, jumping on Toruk and returning, instead of holding a grudge against the people who had treated him like that.

I am convinced that Jake had his feelings for the people, the forest and Neytiri in place since a while, but it is hard to convey that, especially to someone like Tsu'tey, who stands for his people and his culture. Tsu'tey had to accept things, but did not have to like them.

Once Jake returned as Toruk Makto, Tsu'tey must have seen Jake for who he really was, what drove the man. And for someone with the sense of honour that Tsu'tey carries (say what you want, but if there was a proud warrior, it was him!), this feat made quite a mark on him.
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

'Itan Atxur

Wow. I never made the connection between them bringing Graces body and leaving Jakes.