Started by Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem, January 01, 2017, 11:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem

So, with Avatar 2 is coming soon this Year, I thought it would be appropriate to discuss about the film. I have a few questions.

1. How well do you think the film's story is going to be?
Personally, I believe it will be brilliant. As good, if not, better than Avatar 1. I do have a few mixed feelings about it, such as; What will the Story be like and what will it be about, will Jake developed more of an understanding about the Na`vi ETC.

2.Do you think that Humans will come back?
What I mean by this is, at the end of Avatar, the Humans were exiled from Pandora. This essentially means, that they will never be coming back or else they will be killed. But, in saying this, if we have a story without Humans (with the exceptions of Norm and the other guy, forgot his name  ;D), what will it be like? I find it very hard to believe that Humans will not return, but I really don't know whether they will or not in all honesty.

3.Will more Characters be introduced.
Obviously there will be 1 or 2 new Characters, but what I mean by this is, will there be a new Protagonist fighting alongside Jake? Is it going to a Human or a Na`vi. I am really looking forward to it, and to see how our Characters have changed (not a lot I know), but I am also excited to see new Characters.

So, I want you to respond below with your answers.

Ni`awtu

archaic

Welcome to LearnNavi Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem, it is with regret that I have to give you some bad news. Release date for Avatar 2 has been pushed back to December 2018, and it has been reported that Sigourney Weaver has expressed doubts that even that date is realistic. 

1. We all hope for another masterpiece, and Cameron has a track record for creating good sequels. He likes to take the time, and put in the work, to make them as genuinely good.

2. I have written two sets of fanfics which follow on from the end of the first movie, both have the humans coming back. I tried to include some logical rational for the Omaticaya to permit this.

3.I feel it is inevitable that new characters will be introduced, and perhaps some characters with small roles may see their parts expanded.
Word is that Steven Lang may well be back as Miles Quaritch, the exact nature of this (given his onscreen death) remains unclear.
Both of those fanfics have new protagonists fighting alongside the Na'vi and their allies. Along with some new and some recycled bad guys - and yes, I resurrected Quaritch in both.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

Welcome here, ma Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem :)

Quote from: archaic on January 01, 2017, 12:17:50 PM
Welcome to LearnNavi Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem, it is with regret that I have to give you some bad news. Release date for Avatar 2 has been pushed back to December 2018, and it has been reported that Sigourney Weaver has expressed doubts that even that date is realistic. 
Yeah, waiting for Avatar 2 is endless :( ... I still hope that December 2018 is final date.

Quote from: Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem on January 01, 2017, 11:10:47 AM
2.Do you think that Humans will come back?
What I mean by this is, at the end of Avatar, the Humans were exiled from Pandora. This essentially means, that they will never be coming back or else they will be killed. But, in saying this, if we have a story without Humans (with the exceptions of Norm and the other guy, forgot his name  ;D), what will it be like? I find it very hard to believe that Humans will not return, but I really don't know whether they will or not in all honesty.
I think that Humans surely will come back to Pandora.

Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem

D:
Why does it have to be delayed? Oh well, the longer the wait, the better the product.

Lynxcat

Yes, sad to hear that it's delayed, but I would much rather have a film delayed than rushed. Mr. Cameron did this for almost all his films, and over and over critics and film reviewers always said the same thing: That the film will be horrible. The thing is that Mr. Cameron knows the term "Quality over Quantity" and sticks to it.  :) I hope that cheers anybody up.  ;D
Uniltirantokx fmawn! :) :ikran: http://avatarsequels.com/

Blue Elf

Quote from: archaic on January 01, 2017, 12:17:50 PM
Oh hell, are you serious? No Christmas on 2018? Wiya...!
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Toliman

Quote from: Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem on January 01, 2017, 05:29:23 PM
Oh well, the longer the wait, the better the product.
hrh ... if it's true, Avatar 2 will be unsurpassed.

In any case, I would like see Avatar 2 as soon as possible ...

Eana Unil

Why can't they just work on finishing the 1st sequel and when that's out, continue to work on the other two...  :'(

Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem

I mean they're making the sequel, but the thing is with production it's been slowed down meaning it has to be delayed.

archaic

There are stories circulating that shooting has not begun on Avatar 2, that Cameron is still working on the technology that will be used for making it, and presumably the other sequels.
However, this has not been officially confirmed.

We know Cameron used a virtual camera system and low res real time rendering during shooting on Avatar, it was what technology cold be pushed to do back then. Given the advances in GPU performance in the last ten years, I suspect Cameron will want to take it to a whole other level.

Toliman

Quote from: archaic on January 03, 2017, 04:20:48 AM
We know Cameron used a virtual camera system and low res real time rendering during shooting on Avatar, it was what technology cold be pushed to do back then. Given the advances in GPU performance in the last ten years, I suspect Cameron will want to take it to a whole other level.
I think too.

Quote from: Eana Unil on January 02, 2017, 07:07:45 PM
Why can't they just work on finishing the 1st sequel and when that's out, continue to work on the other two...  :'(
Yeah, I have sometimes same feelings ...

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

Because they are making all 4 sequels/prequel simultaneously so that JC won't have to cut 30% of the film out as he was forced to do with Av1. ;)

Quote from: archaic on January 03, 2017, 04:20:48 AM
There are stories circulating that shooting has not begun on Avatar 2, that Cameron is still working on the technology that will be used for making it, and presumably the other sequels.
However, this has not been officially confirmed.

'Awa lì'u: Nvidia - Performace between current and previous gen. increased about 25%. In other words, if someone saw the leak from Lightstorm from 2016, they could/can render in very high quality in real time... if they got some nice new powerful GPU for super-computers NASA-edition, Oh man - I'd like to see with my own eyes.
Small note: One can do mocap easily at home with webcam. Furher info in few months but one can find the reletad topic from Summer 2016. ;)
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Eana Unil

Quote from: Hahaw[hhvhhvcz] on January 03, 2017, 12:08:02 PM
Because they are making all 4 sequels/prequel simultaneously so that JC won't have to cut 30% of the film out as he was forced to do with Av1. ;)
Yeah I know... Just thought that they'd focus on post production of the 1st sequel after filming all scenes/motion capture stuff and get that out before finishing all sequels simultaneously... but that way or another, we'll have to wait for as long as it takes... It's just that waiting gets harder and harder each time the sequel(s) is/are delayed again  :(

Quote'Awa lì'u: Nvidia - Performace between current and previous gen. increased about 25%. In other words, if someone saw the leak from Lightstorm from 2016, they could/can render in very high quality in real time... if they got some nice new powerful GPU for super-computers NASA-edition, Oh man - I'd like to see with my own eyes.
Small note: One can do mocap easily at home with webcam. Furher info in few months but one can find the reletad topic from Summer 2016. ;)
Motion capture has come pretty far since 2009. Have you, by any chance, seen the process of motion capture for the game called Hellblade?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdQpJgLs51w

Ricardo

After the first news about Avatar sequels I truely hoped that by now I would have watched at least Avatar 2 and maybe 3, too.
Waiting on and on sucks. A hard 1 decade lasting break between movie 1 and 2 seems to be realistic.
But if the 4! upcoming movies will be good and filled with quality it will be worth to wait for.

My only problem is the fear that something goes wrong.
What if 4 more is too much and the story gets weak and thin?
What if the great success of the first movie was built too much on the diverting 3D effect, which hasn't now the attracting effect anymore, after many bad movies ruined its reputation? (Might that be the reason for making all movies together, so that they'll be finished before a big box office disappointment?)

There are good reasons to not fear:
- JC is a brilliant film maker and he knows how to create moneymaking blockbusters.
- It's not the first time he produces a sequel and his earlier ones were also very good. Some people even say they were better than the first parts.
- And some more

Of, there's one interesting gimmick I wanted to show you:

https://frames-per-second.appspot.com/

There you can compare different frame rates. For example TV's 24/25 fps/Hz, the 48 fps that is advertised with HFR in the cinemas and used for "The Hobbit", the 60 fps that are known from computer games and that most modern computer monitors support up to 90 and 120 fps.
Yesterday I tested it with my 120 Hz projector and the result is: You can definitely see big differences between all the options. 48 is better than 24/25, 60 is better than 48 (and way better than 24/25), but 120 beats them all.
So I don't think that we'll see Avatar 2+ in 120 fps because cinemas absolutely don't have the technical requirements and it would be too expensive to produce and show it that way, but I still hope that at least one movie is going to be shown in 60 fps instead of 48.

Blue Elf

it's question of money - shooting 4 movies together is cheaper. And putting actors together for following movies can be more difficult, not saying they can die meanwhile (as seen in Star wars serie). Of course, when all is filmed, they start with postprocessing of the first one first :) If shooting didn't start yet, it means something is not prepared for any part of the job.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Toliman

Quote from: Blue Elf on January 07, 2017, 04:07:15 PM
it's question of money - shooting 4 movies together is cheaper. And putting actors together for following movies can be more difficult, not saying they can die meanwhile (as seen in Star wars serie). Of course, when all is filmed, they start with postprocessing of the first one first :)
I think that this are right reasons. (money - classical reason). In this case shooting few movies together looks as logical (putting actors and other).

Quote from: Ricardo on January 03, 2017, 01:53:55 PM
There are good reasons to not fear:
- JC is a brilliant film maker and he knows how to create moneymaking blockbusters.
- It's not the first time he produces a sequel and his earlier ones were also very good. Some people even say they were better than the first parts.
- And some more
Yeah, I think too. We not have to fear about this. JC is really brilliant film maker.

Ni`awtu Sìlron`zem

With James Cameron, we have not really seen any bad film by him. All of the film he has done, are magnificent. From Titanic-Avatar, they have been the best, and Highest Grossing films of the 20th and 21st centuries.

I am happy to wait for a sequel, although I would prefer it to be this year, it is still going to be good, (Most probably)

I mean, technically Avatar started Production in 1994. It just stopped after doing some writing and things. This is because of the Technology they had back then. Obviously it was on hold until about 2007/2008, meaning it took a while to make. If production did start in 1994, that was about a 15 year wait for the film.

Obviously it was put on hold after a bit of the background-ish stuff was done. But, it was still in somewhat of production during those 15 years, because they technology was being made. If you really think about it, the film was released almost 10 years ago, meaning that Technology has moved forward a hell of a lot. However, with the amazing CGI technology and Virtual Camera(s) they had back then in 2009, it means it will be a lot better now and, not a lot has to be done if it needs a tad upgrade.

This is because, in 1995, they had very basic animation an CGI capabilities, relying mostly upon Practical FX. So, waiting for something as powerful it was in the first film, was harder and longer. But, with experience and poer, it will come a lot quicker, but more powerful than the 15 year wait and the technology from then.

I do apologize for making this excessively long, but I just want some people to be reassured.

Thanks if you read the whole thing. ;D

archaic

Here is Linus Tech Tips gushing about AMD Vega, but I felt it was relevant here.

'Four Radeon Pro SSG graphics cards with 1Tb of cache on them, running in RAID for 4Tb. Working with a 200Gb data set, they are rendering a photo realistic 4k image in darn near real time.To put in perspective a top end work station working with that would be doing one frame every five seconds.'
(paraphrased)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8tDaPLHxiE

Toliman

It looks interesting :)

BlueHusky2154

Quote from: archaic on January 25, 2017, 02:58:06 PM
Here is Linus Tech Tips gushing about AMD Vega, but I felt it was relevant here.

'Four Radeon Pro SSG graphics cards with 1Tb of cache on them, running in RAID for 4Tb. Working with a 200Gb data set, they are rendering a photo realistic 4k image in darn near real time.To put in perspective a top end work station working with that would be doing one frame every five seconds.'
(paraphrased)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8tDaPLHxiE
That is absolutely amazing, compared to in 2009 when each frame of Avatar CGI scenes took 2 days to render.
Avatar, Furry, Amateur Astronomy, IT, PC gaming, Minecraft, Fortnite, music.
My life summarized.
:ikran: 8)