Avatar affecting your life after saw the movie

Started by Hufwe ta'em, January 21, 2010, 01:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

Quote from: Txonä Rolyu on September 15, 2010, 02:33:49 AM
Avatar was the FIRST movie that kept me on the edge of my seat with my heart pounding the entire length of the movie. I was so mad and angry at the same time at the way Selfridge and Quaritch were treating the Na'vi. They didn't listen to Grace at all...the only person who KNEW what the F*** she was talking about! Sadly, this world is riddled with people who just don't care. Hardly anyone can See anymore. And the few that can are casted out as "tree huggers." It's just sad. I have always been one to want to take care of the earth I live on. Avatar has only strengthened that. It has also brought many AMAZING people into my life in my quest to learn the beautiful language of Na'vi. I just wish we all lived closer together. There is NO one in my immediate area who understands how much I love the movie and the language.

-Txonä Rolyu

amen!

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Txura Rolyu

Kukxi to Txonä for that wonderful choice of words. I have always been a bit conservation minded from being in the Boy Scouts and learning to enjoy the outdoors and keep things the way they are so the next person can be amazed by what you saw. Now that I am free and in college I can begin to expand my love for enviormentalism. Tonight I am going to a meeting with the Enviormental club on campus and I am gonna share the issue of the Amazon damming that I found out about because of James Cameron going to Brazil and exposing what is going on. Fingers crossed that the club will enjoy what I found.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on September 15, 2010, 07:39:20 PM
Kukxi to Txonä for that wonderful choice of words. I have always been a bit conservation minded from being in the Boy Scouts and learning to enjoy the outdoors and keep things the way they are so the next person can be amazed by what you saw. Now that I am free and in college I can begin to expand my love for enviormentalism. Tonight I am going to a meeting with the Enviormental club on campus and I am gonna share the issue of the Amazon damming that I found out about because of James Cameron going to Brazil and exposing what is going on. Fingers crossed that the club will enjoy what I found.

Oeyä ayzekwä lu "crossed" lol we don't have a word for "cross."

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Human No More

Avatar completely changed my life.
I have something worth fighting for.
I have a new perspective on life.
I am searching for my lifemate, someone I can truly be happy with
I have real friends who truly See me and I do with them
I have meaning in my life. I realised what has always been missing.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Txura Rolyu

Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Keith Cleaver

As I've said before, I was late to this whole "Uniltìrantokx" thing, having only seen the movie a few weeks ago for the first time, but I can't remember a movie that has affected me in such a way. I've never really wanted to learn a new language since I got out of High School, and hearing the language in the film made me want to find a site like this and learn it, and I'm so glad I have the opportunity to do so!
Kaltxì! Oeru syaw Keith. Oel ngati kameie.

Get yourself a @skxawng.lu email! (Handy for emails just in Na'vi!)

NaviFreedomFighter

The main way it has changed me is that I have an expression for the way about certain people and how close we are and how we are connected to each other Oel Ngati Kamie (I See you). The whole depth of that phrase gave a new sense of connection to those closest to me
Oel Ngati Kame (I See You) Its not just i'm seeing you in front of me its I see into your soul and understand you
My Na'vi Name is Ka'apeha
Tokx tsa'u uniltìranyu Slä my Ronsem si tirea na'vi
(I have the body of a dreamwalker, but my mind and spirit are Na'vi)

Away from November 3-15th (Final exams)

Tskoswizaw

Avatar has changed my life a fair ammount. I admit to being a little "top heavy" but I am trying harder every day to work out in eviromentaly safe ways. I run 4 miles everyday with my dog (give or take he is getting old =[) I use enviromentally safe bbs ( bio degreatably ) when playing airsoft. I dont hate, but shun on people who could care less about the forest for whenever i look into
the slowly disappearing forests of the world i get angry because truthfully avatar did show us that we are killing our world. It is horrible
and now i fully relize what we are doing. I love the wildlife and the outside. but im Determened to live a healthy and long life to try and show others who did not read between the lines of avatar and show them what they are doing.
and we will show the skypeople that they cannot take whatever they want.
and that this,
this is our land
ROAR!
GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Kxangangang Nekx on September 13, 2010, 04:12:27 PM
         You know, everything that all of you guts said I wholehartedly agree with. Every time someone asks me why I like Avatar so much, I just tell them, "Honestly, I don't know," but in the back of my mind I think, "It's altered my ways and my personality in such a way you couldn't imagine. I have been transformed by the ways of the People. Avatar has made me more concscient about the world around me, and has granted me with a facination with the Na'vi language, culture, and other cultures, has opened my eyes to the depth of that story's meaning, and other stories and songs..."

And it goes on and on....         "...I love Avatar, so much."

Kangangang Nekx

That's exactly it for me, too (:

Many people can't understand that, but such a wonderful movie can truly influence one's life on many levels. This isn't just about "some movie with nice special effects". It's about opening your mind to new things and evolving as a person - in other words making one's life better.

Someone talked about the mating concept, and I would agree with that. In my case, Avatar has been in this aspect kind of a revelation, because it's been the tangible apparition of a concept that I had always had in my mind, namely that two people really loving each other and made to be together would be able to 'bond' psychologically and understand each other perfectly. The Na'vis have brought one of my beliefs to life. (:

NaviFreedomFighter

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on October 16, 2010, 08:53:01 PM
Quote from: Kxangangang Nekx on September 13, 2010, 04:12:27 PM
         You know, everything that all of you guts said I wholehartedly agree with. Every time someone asks me why I like Avatar so much, I just tell them, "Honestly, I don't know," but in the back of my mind I think, "It's altered my ways and my personality in such a way you couldn't imagine. I have been transformed by the ways of the People. Avatar has made me more concscient about the world around me, and has granted me with a facination with the Na'vi language, culture, and other cultures, has opened my eyes to the depth of that story's meaning, and other stories and songs..."

And it goes on and on....         "...I love Avatar, so much."

Kangangang Nekx

That's exactly it for me, too (: yes, you are so right it is about opening ones eyes and mind and I too love the concept of being able to understand someone psychologically and psyically

Many people can't understand that, but such a wonderful movie can truly influence one's life on many levels. This isn't just about "some movie with nice special effects". It's about opening your mind to new things and evolving as a person - in other words making one's life better.

Someone talked about the mating concept, and I would agree with that. In my case, Avatar has been in this aspect kind of a revelation, because it's been the tangible apparition of a concept that I had always had in my mind, namely that two people really loving each other and made to be together would be able to 'bond' psychologically and understand each other perfectly. The Na'vis have brought one of my beliefs to life. (:
Oel Ngati Kame (I See You) Its not just i'm seeing you in front of me its I see into your soul and understand you
My Na'vi Name is Ka'apeha
Tokx tsa'u uniltìranyu Slä my Ronsem si tirea na'vi
(I have the body of a dreamwalker, but my mind and spirit are Na'vi)

Away from November 3-15th (Final exams)

Eyamsiyu

How did it affect my life?  Well, I really did become more aware of the world around me.  I became more conscious of the fact that the people I know and live near aren't the only people on this Earth.  I joined this forum, and got to meet SO MANY AWESOME PEOPLE!!! And by joining this forum, I learned that a lot of stereotypes out there about certain nationals aren't true at all.  I learned that I'm not the only complete Avatar nerd out there!  I've learned that everything is, essentially a language, and that, at the end of the day, all of us really do speak the same language of emotions.

I became MUCH more open-minded, as I had been raised in a town that was 95% Christian, and once I joined the forums (due to my want to never tick anyone off), I wanted to not offend anyone.  So I opened my mind to learn about what others do and see.  How they make sense out of nature and the world.  How they see other people and how they make sense of the world.

I learned from our friends over in the RL-Tribe section that it IS possible to remove yourself from the stresses of modern society.  We can live without fancy gizmos and gadgets and so on.

I now see the beauties of nature every day... and also the ugliness of "human innovation."

... this is it for now...

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch