Avatar affecting your life after saw the movie

Started by Hufwe ta'em, January 21, 2010, 01:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hufwe ta'em

Maybe i am not the only person thinking if avatar change my life after seeing the movie. Some people asking why are you so addicted about avatar thing and my answer are just " i don't know".

I was thinking about that question and maybe i found my own answer and is: i need to reconnect with my own culture, i am native american adopted and i never try to learn from my people, and the na'vi are very representative for myself. After i saw the movie i try to be a better person too, meaning stop to be materialism, listen the other people and helpful.

And now i think i am on the good way.  :)

Txontaw

You're not the only one. I was greatly motivated and changed by this movie, and many others have been as well.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Swok Txon

Yeah, it really changed how i thought as well

some of my theories i had well before the movie were confirmed (in a way) and despite being skeptical about the movie after i watched it i loved it and it just grew on me. So much so i had to come here!  ;D

alerey8

you are not the only I am a young wrestler when I saw the movie I train harder. I'm going to fight not only  in my city now I go to other cities and I'm learning other languages.

Txon Ikran

Avatar affected the way I see things, I mean though we cant visit those awesome forests of pandora, I think that we all have our own pandora, a place that we find pleasing, be it a room or a city just a little place that we find comfort in, For me its downtown Auckland.

Just a tidbit of my own thoughts.
Everyone Has Their Own Pandora, Wheres Yours?

Tirea Pa'li

The movie didn't change or affect me so much as i was always a person who felt at home in the forest. Well - mountain and forest are really my immediate surrounding so i`am very much used to them. And i hate the "human race" for what they are doing to their own home. Believe me or not we humans we are also capable of bonding whit nature. Its only harder as we aint got fancy tails to do it. She speaks to us if only we have ears to listen. We do not see. Most people say i`am crazy tree huger. But thats only their ignorance speaking. It is hard, there`s no textbook, no rules. But there are lots of people who know a lot, and will tell you, but noone can really teach you. But enuff of that.
    I wanted to say that avatar gave me hope again, as many people now say they care, they changed and so on. Maybe all it takes is one amazing movie to inspire a change or maybe its just hype and it will pass.
From all the weapons you have used against us, we always feared your guns least!

kailaunil

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

SanguineEpitaph

I saw the movie, and it was the first movie that truly made me angry, sad, happy, and wishful all in one. I wished that I was ON Pandora, I was mad about the destruction to the Hometree and Pandora's life; sad about the Na'vi situation, and happy about the ending.

The movie's inspired me a lot, hopefully to make some personal changes as to being selfish and cruel to others.
Kuarŏ na nama tanayi cawŏŏt, kuo nim zaosmaŏt.
"Out of what crypt they crawl, I cannot tell."

Na'rìngeyä Toruk

I will watch it for the first time tomorrow evening, in full 3D with friends. Fingers crossed everyone ;D Eywa ngahu.
Spivaw oeti rutxe, ma oeyä eylan. Fi'u ke lìmu ta Eywa. Oeri uniltìranyuyä 'eveng lu, ulte oe layu 'awpo Eywayä.

Reav

It affected me in a positive way if anything.
It is really addictive though.
Though I am an addictive sort of person anyway.

Hufwe ta'em

Quote from: Na'rìngeyä Toruk on January 22, 2010, 01:06:22 PM
I will watch it for the first time tomorrow evening, in full 3D with friends. Fingers crossed everyone ;D Eywa ngahu.
That is just the beginning lol, i am sure you will love the movie so much just be careful 3d are expensive >.< after 8 time 

Suteyä Hawnuyu

Avatar is convincing me to get in shape, become more outdoorsey, and take care of Earth a bit more.
Suteyä Hawnuyu te Gay'tä Muiä-Eyaye'ite

Hufwe ta'em

Quote from: Suteyä Hawnuyu on January 22, 2010, 09:24:32 PM
Avatar is convincing me to get in shape, become more outdoors, and take care of Earth a bit more.
i go to the gym with idea in my mind to have the shape of the na'vi but unfortunate they don't have skin treatment for blue :(

Txontaw

Quote from: Suteyä Hawnuyu on January 22, 2010, 09:24:32 PM
Avatar is convincing me to get in shape, become more outdoorsey, and take care of Earth a bit more.

Same here. :) You can not believe how relieved I was when I found out I wasn't the only one. :P
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Swok Txon

Yeah i thought it would be a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny minority of absolute nerds who were just flamers would bother learning the language of such an awesome movie

i was wrong!

Txontaw

Quote from: Swok Txon on January 23, 2010, 12:48:19 AM
Yeah i thought it would be a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny minority of absolute nerds who were just flamers would bother learning the language of such an awesome movie

i was wrong!

We were both veeery wrong. :P

Hufwe ta'em

I hope this post are still alive :P

anyway, still after i watch avatar SE 3time now i still working into myself, i have so much thing now i change since the day1, i became less materialism and less selfish . What happen after is just awesome, im less tressed and i enjoy the simple thing. But i know is not over yet ;)

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

ive been wanting to watch the SE but unable to  :-[

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Takmeyalan te Tsu'erak 'Ewfwefpìkxap'itan

You know, everything that all of you guts said I wholehartedly agree with. Every time someone asks me why I like Avatar so much, I just tell them, "Honestly, I don't know," but in the back of my mind I think, "It's altered my ways and my personality in such a way you couldn't imagine. I have been transformed by the ways of the People. Avatar has made me more concscient about the world around me, and has granted me with a facination with the Na'vi language, culture, and other cultures, has opened my eyes to the depth of that story's meaning, and other stories and songs..."

And it goes on and on....         "...I love Avatar, so much."

Kangangang Nekx
Pure white would be disturbing. :)
We don't make mistakes, we just have happy accidents.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Avatar was the FIRST movie that kept me on the edge of my seat with my heart pounding the entire length of the movie. I was so mad and angry at the same time at the way Selfridge and Quaritch were treating the Na'vi. They didn't listen to Grace at all...the only person who KNEW what the F*** she was talking about! Sadly, this world is riddled with people who just don't care. Hardly anyone can See anymore. And the few that can are casted out as "tree huggers." It's just sad. I have always been one to want to take care of the earth I live on. Avatar has only strengthened that. It has also brought many AMAZING people into my life in my quest to learn the beautiful language of Na'vi. I just wish we all lived closer together. There is NO one in my immediate area who understands how much I love the movie and the language.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi