Avatar at Philly's Wawa Welcome America

Started by Swoka Ikran, June 15, 2010, 02:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swoka Ikran

So, I just remembered this after hearing about it on the news a few days back.

Avatar is going to be shown on July 1st at Penn's Landing in Philly as part of the annual Welcome America festival...kinda stinks I'll be out of town (my family goes to the beach for the 4th every year)

I'm wondering how big "the biggest screen we could find" is.
http://www.welcomeamerica.com/schedule (Look at July 1st.)

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I can't find any record of it on here...
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Wow, they're starting the movie at 8:30. I found out first-hand that that is a very bad idea. hrh. its a very very long movie when you start it that late.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

so what. its avatar d*****, its worth seeing late into the night.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Quote from: Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä} on June 17, 2010, 09:39:47 AM

When the movie ends around 11:30 and you get up at 5a.m. the next morning...its very tiring.

LearnNavi Forums:

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on June 17, 2010, 11:04:06 AM
Quote from: Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä} on June 17, 2010, 09:39:47 AM

When the movie ends around 11:30 and you get up at 5a.m. the next morning...its very tiring.

i can do that and stay up for two strait nights and still function properly

Swoka Ikran

I've been something like that for 4 years now...bed at 11:45 every night, up around 5:30 for school.

Thankfully, that's not the case anymore...I graduated from high school on Tuesday.

Quote from: Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä} on June 17, 2010, 11:41:05 AM
I did the 11:45-5:30 every night during the school week...5 days a week. Also, the longest I've ever gone without sleeping is 39 hours (a summer back in '06 playing airsoft for a day and a half, stopping only for meals and more mountain dew).

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on June 17, 2010, 12:04:55 PM
I've been something like that for 4 years now...bed at 11:45 every night, up around 5:30 for school.

Thankfully, that's not the case anymore...I graduated from high school on Tuesday.

I did the 11:45-5:30 every night during the school week...5 days a week. Also, the longest I've ever gone without sleeping is 39 hours (a summer back in '06 playing airsoft for a day and a half, stopping only for meals and more mountain dew).

Thats an awesome way to spend 39 hours though. I haven't played in forever.

LearnNavi Forums:

Tsamsiyu92

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on June 17, 2010, 12:04:55 PM

More than 30 hours of Airsoft O.O Do you have like... many batteries?

Swoka Ikran

Yeah it was.

We have what used to be a drainage basin behind the house...It's now mostly filled with wild cattails, and always wet and muddy. Beyond it is a small ridge that forms its backside, and on the other side of that, a small forest.

Talking about this is making me kinda sad I don't play anymore :( the one friend who had all the equipment moved to Florida in '07. Now there's only one other person in my neighborhood whose even remotely interested, and neither me nor him have any equipment.

Quote from: Tsamsiyu92 on June 17, 2010, 02:05:54 PM
We used multiple sets of rechargeables in the 3 full-autos. When they died, we swapped them for full ones and put the dead ones in a 4-hour charger. We were getting 3 hours out of a set. The other 2 guns were manuals.

Dominique

:O! I soooo, plan on attending this<33333333

48 hours of continuous xbox...thats as far as ive went so far, staying up and playing for such a long time

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on June 17, 2010, 02:17:03 PM
Yeah it was.

We have what used to be a drainage basin behind the house...It's now mostly filled with wild cattails, and always wet and muddy. Beyond it is a small ridge that forms its backside, and on the other side of that, a small forest.

Talking about this is making me kinda sad I don't play anymore :( the one friend who had all the equipment moved to Florida in '07. Now there's only one other person in my neighborhood whose even remotely interested, and neither me nor him have any equipment.

Quote from: Tsamsiyu92 on June 17, 2010, 02:05:54 PM
We used multiple sets of rechargeables in the 3 full-autos. When they died, we swapped them for full ones and put the dead ones in a 4-hour charger. We were getting 3 hours out of a set. The other 2 guns were manuals.

Yea, intense day-long matches like that make tons of batteries a good thing. People look at me wierd when I walk up with one of the pouches on my vest full of extra NiMH batteries. But then, when they run two batteries dry, i look like a genius.

Back on the topic, I'd love to go, but I'm not heading that way on the weekend of the 4th.

LearnNavi Forums:

Swoka Ikran

QuoteYea, intense day-long matches like that make tons of batteries a good thing. People look at me wierd when I walk up with one of the pouches on my vest full of extra NiMH batteries. But then, when they run two batteries dry, i look like a genius.
I got caught changing in the middle of a round once...guy found me hiding down the far embankment trying to change batteries. He stood there at the top of the embankment, and unloaded 2 entire oozie clips on me.

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on June 22, 2010, 02:23:46 PM
QuoteYea, intense day-long matches like that make tons of batteries a good thing. People look at me wierd when I walk up with one of the pouches on my vest full of extra NiMH batteries. But then, when they run two batteries dry, i look like a genius.
I got caught changing in the middle of a round once...guy found me hiding down the far embankment trying to change batteries. He stood there at the top of the embankment, and unloaded 2 entire oozie clips on me.

You see, thats when you get a gun that's powerful and accurate enough to make them regret them doing that. I got a UTG Leapers M14 with a scope that I can hit someone at 100 yards with. Its gotta go about 350-400 fps.

LearnNavi Forums:

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on June 23, 2010, 08:19:39 AM
You see, thats when you get a gun that's powerful and accurate enough to make them regret them doing that.
I got back at him a few rounds later :) ...I have an air cannon built of PVC pipe. Load that with a ton of airsoft BBs, add 150psi of air, and fire. Hurts like mad having 100+ BBs hit at about the same time.

Quote from: Tukruyä Tsamsiyu on June 23, 2010, 08:19:39 AM
I got a UTG Leapers M14 with a scope that I can hit someone at 100 yards with. Its gotta go about 350-400 fps.
That makes most of the equipment we had look like complete junk. The manual shotgun was the only thing that even came close (it was good for about 75 yds.) No clue on what the speed was on it.