Started by Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite, February 13, 2011, 08:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eejmensenikbenhet

I believe the 2007 version was used during the shooting. As I know some lines just change a bit during shooting because it sounds better or something else.

Kamean

Quote from: eejmensenikbenhet on March 19, 2011, 11:35:29 AM
I believe the 2007 version was used during the shooting. As I know some lines just change a bit during shooting because it sounds better or something else.
No. Cameron use young screenplay's version. With Na'vi replicas. One sheet can see in additional materials.
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

archaic

Is it posted anywhere?
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Kamean

No, I saw only one sheet in Cameron's hands in Extended edition bonus materials. Seems in "Making Avatar".

Sіr. Ηaxalot

http://sir.haxalot.com/random/JamesCameronAVATAR.pdf

This is the 2007 script. I think that it is the closest you can get to the finished movie.

Kamean

Yes, it is the closest, but not filmmaker's.

Amaya

It's impossible to have a script of this kind...what you see in his hand is likely a "daily" but shooting a movie is not like doing a play, where the lines and movements are scripted and practiced over and over so that they can be done seamlessly.  Movies are shot and done a bunch of times and then the editor and the director put it all back together at the end.  For example, in one day, you might shoot scenes from three very different parts of the movie. so they make changes to the script on a daily basis, depending on what happened the day before.  Not generally BIG changes, but definitely changes.

archaic

You would need to reverse engineer a script.
I started, posted what amounts to the first two DVD chapters, then got a serious attack of cowardice and removed them. Not been back to this project since.

Human No More

The 2007 one is the newest and closest one that exists - it's essentially an early draft of the film, with various lines missing or extra and a few details that were subsequently changed.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

archaic

That's what I started with, there's a lot of changes, few extra words here, different person saying stuff there, plus there's a whole mass of stuff stripped out completely.

And the Na'vi language is largely missing, and some of what is in is wrong. It predates Frommer's involvement.