Started by Ralu ikran makto, May 31, 2010, 09:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralu ikran makto

kaltxì matsmuktu

i'm tring to find out some one who knows how to use photoshop (or other graphic programms) well... i tried to modify a photo of my self but i'm a real skxawng with photoshop!!
can some one help me???

kìevame

Pxi tahuk

Klatxi, ma 'eylan!
Nga-ru lu fpom srak?

I use photoshop all the time and am currently doing some avatarizations in photoshop and streaming the videos live over Ustream. any particular questions I might be able to answer?

Eywa ngahu.

Ralu ikran makto

Quote from: Pxi tahuk on May 31, 2010, 11:21:34 PM
Klatxi, ma 'eylan!
Nga-ru lu fpom srak?

I use photoshop all the time and am currently doing some avatarizations in photoshop and streaming the videos live over Ustream. any particular questions I might be able to answer?

Eywa ngahu.

thanks for your answer ma 'eylan

i'm in serious difficulty in  changing my nose and eyes' shape... how can i do it well?? is there an easy way to do it??

irayo

eywa ngahu

Nyx

You can try the liquify filter, but you lose a lot of detail with that and it's easy to go too far. Another useful thing is free transform (under edit). This is especially useful for the eyes, it's much easier to keep the right shape with this than with liquify. I would also suggest that you put things in different layers, that makes it easier to go back and change things later.

I'm glad you're trying to do this on your own and I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Good luck, ma tsmuk!

Ralu ikran makto

Quote from: Nyx on June 01, 2010, 01:56:09 PM
You can try the liquify filter, but you lose a lot of detail with that and it's easy to go too far. Another useful thing is free transform (under edit). This is especially useful for the eyes, it's much easier to keep the right shape with this than with liquify. I would also suggest that you put things in different layers, that makes it easier to go back and change things later.

I'm glad you're trying to do this on your own and I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Good luck, ma tsmuk!

irayo ma tsmuke ^^ thank you for answering my question! i was just trying to do it with the liquify filter but this is the first work that i try to do with photoshop so i have some difficult...
i have already lots of trick to learn! XD

Pxi tahuk

Kaltxi, ma Eylan!(Again)

I have never actually used that liquify tool at all. I do use the smudge tool a lot for the nose. I individually select each eye of the person and make it anout 20% bigger and then rotate it from the edge of the eye where the tear duct is, just a little bit. The smudge tool, I use around the parts of the eye where it looks like you've moved it.

also, I use the color replacement tool instead of putting a blue filter over the whole picture. I use clone stamp tool to get rid of the human ears and normally draw my na'vi ears(i have a pen tablet).

Eywa Ngahu.

Ralu ikran makto

Quote from: Pxi tahuk on June 01, 2010, 02:42:34 PM
Kaltxi, ma Eylan!(Again)

I have never actually used that liquify tool at all. I do use the smudge tool a lot for the nose. I individually select each eye of the person and make it anout 20% bigger and then rotate it from the edge of the eye where the tear duct is, just a little bit. The smudge tool, I use around the parts of the eye where it looks like you've moved it.

also, I use the color replacement tool instead of putting a blue filter over the whole picture. I use clone stamp tool to get rid of the human ears and normally draw my na'vi ears(i have a pen tablet).

Eywa Ngahu.

irayo ma 'eylan

i'll try to apply your suggestions ^^

eywa ngahu

Ralu ikran makto

Quote from: Pxi tahuk on June 01, 2010, 02:42:34 PM
Kaltxi, ma Eylan!(Again)

Eywa Ngahu.

i forgot to ask you a thing... which tool do you use for selecting each eye?? the lasso tool or do you edit a new mask??

Pxi tahuk

I do use the lasso tool. I found it easier and then free transform after that. I try to include the eyebrow in the selection. if need be use the warp in the free transform thing.

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

posting here for reference.  i love all your guys help though :)
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

MrGoodbytes

Pxi tahuk

If you guys ever want some one on one help I have skype, and I'm almost everyday. search JoeyClaymore

Nyx

Quote from: Pxi tahuk on June 01, 2010, 09:43:35 PM
If you guys ever want some one on one help I have skype, and I'm almost everyday. search JoeyClaymore
Hey, good idea there! I'm ivievine on skype, feel free to poke me :P