Bringing the World of AVATAR to Life

Started by Tìtstewan, February 26, 2015, 03:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Vawmataw

Interesting!

It's a good news for this theme park. It surely will improve the experience of the visitors.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Ftiafpi

Eana Tanhì

I would like to go there. Too bad I live way to far from there :(
maybe one day :)

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Vawmataw

If you ever want to go to WDW in Orlando, book a room in the resort  and go there at the end of March or the beginning of April. ;) I recommend you to visit Disney's Animal Kingdom after you visited the 3 other parks.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Wou!! They are making progress on the attraction, and it looks like it will be very cool!

Besides the Disney parks, this is all just a bus ride away from Kennedy Space Center. That would be more important to me than the other Disney parks.

With the Avatar exhibit being part of Animal Kingdom (along with the Festival of the Lion King), it has occurred to me that they might need a lionkeeper who can also speak Na'vi :)

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tìtstewan

I have some relatives in Orlando. I really, really thinking about a travel to that place, because that would be a win/win for me. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Vawmataw

Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 27, 2015, 03:45:25 PM
I have some relatives in Orlando. I really, really thinking about a travel to that place, because that would be a win/win for me. :)
Interesting. You will surely save money.

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Vawmataw on February 27, 2015, 03:47:19 PM
You will surely save money.
And exactly this is my biggest worry... It's kinda expensive to travel to the US. If I look at the prices for a flight there...ma oeyä Eywa :o.

Vawmataw

Quote from: Tìtstewan on February 27, 2015, 03:50:55 PM
Quote from: Vawmataw on February 27, 2015, 03:47:19 PM
You will surely save money.
And exactly this is my biggest worry... It's kinda expensive to travel to the US. If I look at the prices for a flight there...ma oeyä Eywa :o.
At least, you can save on the hotel room and maybe the transportation in Orlando. If you don't plan to visit, the whole WDW, there's an advantage too.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

A couple of years ago, the Feline Conservation Federation had their annual convention in Orlando, literally walking distance from the gates of one of the Disney parks. The rates, if I recall, were not all that bad, and it was a nice place to stay. It was also close enough to retail that you didn't have to eat in the expensive hotel restaurants for every meal. They were also very accommodating, and let me have my room well before check-in time without charging me more.

You might want to talk to Ikxeru about travelling in the US. He is very good at it, and has attended every US AvatarMeet since 2012. And I think there are a lot of us hhere who would love to meet you in person!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

archaic

Please don't take this the wrong way, but some folks idea of what might be "not all that bad" may be to high for others.
The US has one of the highest average standards of living for it's citizens on the world. Sadly, not everyone gets to share that.

Vawmataw

I don't think that I can go there without expending less than $1000. And with the exchange rate of now, it will cost more. I suppose that Ikxeru saves every year for this trip.
Also, I have other projects than going to Florida. In the first years of my majority, I will have my studies. If I want to go stargazing, I will need money.

We live easily, but we're not rich.

archaic

Vawmataw

1 Canadian Dollar = 0.799 US Dollar (Canadians lose money)
1 Euro = 1.11912 US Dollar(s) (Europeans save money)

Tìtstewan

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on February 28, 2015, 06:08:30 PMAnd I think there are a lot of us here who would love to meet you in person!
I also would love to meet you all in person too. :)

Yeah, the thing is that I can't get enough money to travel there. Let's use the upcomming AvatarMeet in Colorado as an example. A flight from Frankfurt to Denver costs around €1200 with return, /only/ the flight. Not to mention, that I will have to take the train to arrive the airport (from Ulm - Frankfurt) that cost me around €70.
After I would be in Denver, I have to take also the train or taxi/bus to get to Estes Park, Colorado. Also, I would need some money for other stuff like hotel, food, random activities etc. let say that would make minimum €2000.
So, I would have to save €3500 total for such a trip. And, as long as I haven't a well-paid job, I can't save €300 per month...

At the moment, it still a nice dream. :( :'(