Deleted scenes.

Started by Rotobull cz, November 30, 2013, 06:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which deleted (and finished) scenes you think are missing in the film. Which of them do you think are important ?

Opening Earth scene
Short Sturmbeest scene
School visit.
Neytiri flies.
Sturmbeest hunt.
Jake and Neytiri's love scene.
Destroying of dozers.
,,Discovering" destroyed dozers.
Sturmbeest attack.
Quaritch vs Neytiri(with Thanator)
Grace explains school incident.
Jake ends Tsu'tey's life.

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Rotobull cz

And I'll see it early in 3D in our cinema :) They show it every Christmas since release in 2009. How nice tradition :)
[/quote]

Yes, that must be nice tradition. :) I looked for, if Prague cinemas does it. Unfortunately they are not.  >:( and in our village we haven't got any cinema. :-[
But I saw it yesterday on my BD. :D That militaristic lekye'unga skxawng Quaritch really made me angry, when he destroyed the Hometree. And Selfridge said, that trees are stupid.  >:(
Scene with Earth is my favourite.  - 'How I'll know he chose me ?' 'He will try to kill you.' 'Outstanding.'  ;D
Enjoying chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecotoxicology, environtology, ecology, neurology, physiology, anatomy, Na'vi, Latin, German, French, Biblical Hebrew.

baritone

Quote from: Rotobull cz on December 19, 2013, 08:25:32 AM
I'm watching Avatar now, because it had birthady.
And in Grace's school is periodic table. :o :)
Na'vi children must be very smart and intelligent.
And Neytiri was here a best student :)
Imagine that Grace learned Neytiri into his research assistant, then Neytiri defended her doctoral dissertation, and then they organized Pandoran University ;D

Rotobull cz

Yes, she and her sister Sylwanin. :)
Enjoying chemistry, physics, mathematics, ecotoxicology, environtology, ecology, neurology, physiology, anatomy, Na'vi, Latin, German, French, Biblical Hebrew.

archaic

Do I smell a fanfic coming together?

Rotobull cz

Yes, it would be nice, if a good Sawtute arrived to Pandora and have good relationship with Na'vi. :)
But this should be in the fanfic. :)

archaic

Sounds good, you should write it!

Rotobull cz

I'm not talented in t.
But maybe...
Maybe I'll try to do it.
(I always dreamed if I can be on Pandora and make good relationships with Na'vi and that ideas logically attract me, so...)

baritone

Quote from: Rotobull cz on December 24, 2013, 03:00:02 PM
I'm not talented at it.
But maybe...
Maybe I'll try to do it.
(I always dreamed if I can be on Pandora and make good relationships with Na'vi and that ideas logically attract me, so...)
According to the Soviet writer and scientist Ivan Yefremov, just the situation in "Avatar" with the conflict between tawtute and na'vi is impossible. He believed that it is impossible to find any business that pays for interstellar flights. He believed that people will fly to the stars only after solving all the social and economic problems of his world, and solely for the sake of scientific curiosity. It seems that Cameron agree with him, his anobtanium absolutely unreal.

In the movie, Navi and scientists were friends and helped each other to solve the problem with businessmans, Grace gave the Na'vi children to read the book "The Lorax", from which they realized that tawtute threatens their world. So imagine that only scientists came to Pandora - and the situation for the fanfic ready.

Rotobull cz

That is complex. Most Humans want money and Pandora must has been great chance to deal a lot of money.
So I think mining on Pandora isn't impossible, but it's not right. I don't like mining everywhere, but it can 'make' a billions of dollars. (read about RDA to find out, how many shareholders they have - several millions).
Unobtanium is superconductor and that materials are very rare. RDA is holding on Earth its ways of generating electricity. And they aren't giving support to use new ways of generating electricity. So logically Unobtanium would deal a lot of money. It's ugly but it's our 'civilisation', it's all about money. :( So I think it's possible.  :(
I would give all my money to get to Pandora. :( :)

I'll think about it. ;) Because Na'vi are our hope.

baritone

Quote from: Rotobull cz on December 25, 2013, 04:32:46 AM
That is complex. Most Humans want money and Pandora must has been great chance to deal a lot of money.
So I think mining on Pandora isn't impossible, but it's not right. I don't like mining everywhere, but it can 'make' a billions of dollars. (read about RDA to find out, how many shareholders they have - several millions).
Unobtanium is superconductor and that materials are very rare. RDA is holding on Earth its ways of generating electricity. And they aren't giving support to use new ways of generating electricity. So logically Unobtanium would deal a lot of money. It's ugly but it's our 'civilisation', it's all about money. :( So I think it's possible.  :(
I would give all my money to get to Pandora. :( :)

I'll think about it. ;) Because Na'vi are our hope.
Maybe I put it unclear because of my poor English.
I had in mind that investing in mining operations in other planetary system does not pay for spent money. Cameron in the script of "Project 880" talked about the insane cost of interstellar transport. Accelerate the interstellar ship with mined on another planet mineral up to light speed should cost almost as much as synthesize it from protons and neutrons.
So I think that Ivan Efremov is rights and the people will fly to the stars only if they will not seek to profit but to satisfy scientific curiosity.

Rotobull cz

I hope that I understood you. I think that they came to Pandora after they discovered that there are conditions for life. Humans always wanted to discover planet similar to Earth and when they discovered Pandora, they (RDA) flew there. Travelling in this distances must be very very very very expensive. But you have to know that RDA 'has' the whole world (Earth) and every city on the Earth uses Unobtanium to generate energy. And in the book I read about Unobtanium and it says that generating of energy with Unobtanium isn't expensive.
Everything what is expensive is mining on Pandora. We have got machines which can find in unbelieveable distances every element on planets. So we know if there is a gold, iron, oxygen... And Humans found out that on Pandora is some unknown material which has properties of superconductor. Humans can't fly so far to do science, there must be way to deal money. But remember that there are more ways to deal money on Pandora. (With flowers for example). You have to change the system and eliminate money so Humans don't want money. It's sad.  You know how the scientists and science equipment are expensive ? :) they aren't dealing money (or a little bit), so nobody wants to fly so far to make science. You would have to have thousandss of billions of dollars and you wouldn't know if it'll be good choice. Think about: a kilo of Unobtanium costs 20.000.000 unknown currency (and you don't know how big vallue the unknown currency has in that age) - in the beginning of the movie you see a giant car on which is about 20 tons of Unobtanium and think about how big is ISV Venture Star and how much Unobtanium you can put in there. (of course not everywhere in the ship). :)
That must deal. :) I agree with you (don't worry). But Humans sure won't give so much money to fly so far to just do science and meet new race.  :( :)
The image I posted, that is symbol what we should do when we'll meet friendly race. (like Na'vi) :D

Tìtstewan

I'm sure, they mean that 20M per kg in dollar. In a scene from the extended version, Jake mentioned something with "5$ for a pot of coffee". I think, this scene shows us that in that future (avatar future anno 2154) hasn't the same value as the current dollar. A normal pot of coffee costs anno 2013 1$... So, the *theoretical* price of Unobtanium would be around 4M dollars per kg.
And btw: 16 Most Expensive Materials in the World
(...and ISV Venture Star use Antimatter for drive...) ;)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Rotobull cz

But he said: ,,12 bucks", doesn't he ? ???
But think about that in 2154 Earth was very destroyed and it's possible that coffee is rare as diamonds today. That's fact. We would discuss if there was some climatic changes and more dangerous gases in the air.
The book ,,Survival guide for Pandora" is explaining a lot of things.
And once again think about it's 141 after today and every new (and important) discover changes our world (to better ? I don't think so. Maybe Some of them.). So we can discuss how many discovers they did for 141 years.
The can make clons of animals. (Bengal tiger). Bengal tiger is dying now. And a woman in Jake's TV said that he was extirpated a century ago. :( If you see the giant mortuary, you can find out that people are dying very often and because they are putting corpses in some ordinary box and then they are burning it, you can find out that there isn't space for graves. Or it is expensive. And then look at the number on Tommy's box. And it's one mortuary... It's like sad detective story, you're playing with details and facts you're catching. Very far from this scene Jake says to Great Mother, that they killed their Mother. There is No green). So what if real coffee doesn't exist and it's just substitute. If you're paying attention durring watching the film you can catch some details but if you're interested in our world in 2154, that details are very important for you. Quaritch was talking about some war in the Venezuela. And maybe there were more wars. We all (bad and good Humans) should think about it and we should be careful and more grateful to Great Mother (Nature, Eywa - it isn't important) that we can be and live there. The Earth scene is one of my favourite scenes, because there are very important informations. :)

Tìtstewan

Yes, it was 12 bucks, I watched that scene again (it was long time ago since I've watched Avatar... :-X).
Quote from: Tìtstewan on December 25, 2013, 01:33:10 PM
A normal pot of coffee costs anno 2013 1$... So, the *theoretical* today price of Unobtanium would be around 4M dollars per kg.
...1,6M/kg
As for the coffee, I bet that coffee is a synthetic version. :P

Quote from: Rotobull cz on December 25, 2013, 02:14:07 PMIf you're paying attention durring watching the film you can catch some details but if you're interested in our world in 2154, that details are very important for you. Quaritch was talking about some war in the Venezuela. And maybe there were more wars. We all (bad and good Humans) should think about it and we should be careful and more grateful to Great Mother (Nature, Eywa - it isn't important) that we can be and live there. The Earth scene is one of my favourite scenes, because there are very important informations. :)
I did that but I forgot some details...nìkeftxo :(
As for Venezuela, a war because of the country's oil? Quaritch was in Nigeria, Jake in Venezuela, I'm not sure.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Rotobull cz

Hey ! Wait ! It's my tip for everyone. I know that you are paying attention but I'm watching Avatar now (on my little recorder - it's movie of my life) and I'm paying attention too. So it wasn't charge. ;D It's just a tip. ;)
It's really like detective story - like puzzle - you (or we) are playing with details and facts you caught. :)
I'm now watching on Quaritch, that militaristic skxawng ! >:( You can see in the whole film, that he wants war and he's enjoying it. When he fights with Neytiri (and kills palulukan - I must say that it was cool, but it doesn't mean I like him) you can see that he's enjoying it. It's one of the people we can't understand.
Quaritch was in Nigeria, Jake in Venezuela. I saw the scene a momment ago. :)

Rotobull cz

And about the most expensive materials: there should be Actinium. Its half-life is 20 minutes.  Tritium is maked on the Sun, it's an isotope of the Hydrogen.
Platinnum, I thought it. Platinnum is known that it's mostly more expensive than gold. Both are superconductors. I don't know which is better.  :)

I saw it to fall of Valkyria (I turnt it so loud, that my head is shaking little bit now - I had headset :) )
Grace's dead. :'( Trudy's dead. :'( Norm's Avatar is dead.  :( Tsu'tey is hurted and he'll be dead. :'(
Direhorses are burnt. :'( Trees are destroyed.   :'( But now Great Mother showed that she isn't weak. :D 8)
Quaritch: Nga skxawng lu !! >:(

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Rotobull cz on December 25, 2013, 06:06:43 PM
Grace's dead. :'(
Trudy's dead. :'(
Norm's Avatar is dead.  :(
Tsu'tey is hurted and he'll be dead. :'(
Quote<- correct  :(
<- correct  :(
<- I don't think that, if I watch carefully at this scene  :-\
<- ...more in extended version... :(

baritone

I understand how science can be costly, but at any cost there is a chance that someone will give researchers everything necessary for their work.
But it is impossible to imagine that he invested in the business, associated with the interstellar flight and mining in another planetar system, if he can get the same profit in another business (and in the case of superconductors it will be the case).
I admired by Cameron, who made ​​us believe that the transportation at the light speed can be profitable, but it is only in the movie, but not in real life, even in the future.

Rotobull cz

I understand you. But we must know that it was in future. It worked in principle of Matter/Antimatter.
That material is incredibly expensive, because we don't have it. I read somewhere that we can make it in Particle Accelerator. But it's not natural material and it's expensive. As I said we don't know what they disovered 141 years from today. Interesting is moment is when you see Jake on a street. You can see bikes and rickshaw, so I think, that in the 2154 there isn't more oil and they didn't discover any more fuel.
I read in the book that the whole energy system on the Earth (thanks to the RDA) is the based on Unobtanium.
I know that Pandora is very far from Earth but it's our nearest similar solar system.
I'll read about ISV Venture Star.  But I think that it isn't impossible. No one will fly to another world to do science. It's not good deal. Not in this economy.  :( :)
I think it can work. Think on how much you can deal on this planet, if you're holding it. Energy system is one of the most dealing thing today and if you have whole Earth for yourself... I'll read about it...