Pagan youth service uses world of Avatar to pray for our own

Started by Puvomun, June 12, 2010, 03:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Ì'awn Menari

a vid i uploaded as a tribute to those who lost their lives during the Burning times.  Never Again!

Never Again the Burning Times!!!!
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Dreamlight

Quote from: 'Ì'awn Menari on August 23, 2010, 09:23:44 PM
a vid i uploaded as a tribute to those who lost their lives during the Burning times.  Never Again!

Never Again the Burning Times!!!!

Then the turning of the tide / From the truth they could not hide / Now the darkest age has passed / The Goddess has returned at last.

Never again the Burning Times!

So mote it be!
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

'Ì'awn Menari

Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Puvomun

Love both the videos! (Inkubus Sukkubus is awesome!)
b*b ulte Eywa ngahu
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Eana Taw atsawl

From an atheist's perspective (moi), the abrahamic religions are are pubic enemies numbers 1, 2 and 3. (Note, NOT against the people who are members of the religions, but the religions themselves.)

I do not believe there is a higher power, and I think that conforts me in the same way faith in the existance of one provides confort to another. I have nothing against spirituality at all, I think it is vital to prevent the human race from wiping itself out. However, as you have already mentioned, the original message of the Bible and the Quran have been lost. I'm not going to debate the actually historical merit of these books, because I don't think that is important. To me, they always seemed like moral tales of a kind, preaching a (rather dated, as it may be today) ideal way of living.

But the Church has inspired crusades, oppression and a rule of fear. They excommunicated people for suggesting things that went against their doctrine (Gallileo springs to mind) and justified the slaughter in the middle-east for Jerusalem. Now the Quran is being used to justify the actions of Al-Qaeda and the like. Sheer madness.

I don't see the buddists raising war, I don't see the Wiccan community declaring a crusade.

So why do the (or have the) 2 major ones seen fit to do so?

Just my thoughts  :D
Only a heretic brings a gun to a swordfight
                               But only a moron brings a sword to a gunfight

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into you're sig and add 1 to the generation

Puvomun

Quote from: Eana Taw atsawl on August 24, 2010, 02:32:52 AM
I don't see the buddists raising war, I don't see the Wiccan community declaring a crusade.

So why do the (or have the) 2 major ones seen fit to do so?
Srane, those are very good thoughts you put in.

I think that it is a combination of things. Using a large religion like that gives a lot of power over people. It has nothing to do with the religion itself, it does with power. And once you have your power in place, you can inflict fear, which makes your power even greater.

Buddhism, Paganism etc carry the credo "I do my thing, you do your thing and that's fine", so to speak.
The "big ones", based on power and fear, carry the credo "You do my thing or else..."

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Nusumea Tirea

srane, good thoughts.

I think the biggest influence on that has to do with the multitude of possible "Highpriests" in a religion and which tendency they have for power. That also applies to fanatics, because they want to force their way on others.
With a monotheistic one, you have 1 deity with 1 Highpriest. If that one is hungry for power you have a problem.
With a polytheistic one, you have several deities with several Highpriests. And the people are more openminded to other deities as well. You always can add another one (did you know that the christian god was called "The God" in egyptian? Maybe when asked for the name of their god, they just answered "THE GOD" so they got that name  ;))

Well I won't say that that couldn't work for a power hungry one, it's just not that easy. If one hungers for power, he has to do either
a.) establish his own separate group (reducing thereby the gods for his followers to 1, as most sekts do),
b.) to eliminate or at least reduce all the others (like the holy wars)
c.) take all others over into yours as sub-deities (like the saints in christian).
In all ways you end up with a quasi monotheistic one.

Ean Hufwetulyu

Quote from: Nusumea Tirea on August 24, 2010, 05:54:25 AM
srane, good thoughts.

I think the biggest influence on that has to do with the multitude of possible "Highpriests" in a religion and which tendency they have for power. That also applies to fanatics, because they want to force their way on others.
With a monotheistic one, you have 1 deity with 1 Highpriest. If that one is hungry for power you have a problem.
With a polytheistic one, you have several deities with several Highpriests. And the people are more openminded to other deities as well. You always can add another one (did you know that the christian god was called "The God" in egyptian? Maybe when asked for the name of their god, they just answered "THE GOD" so they got that name  ;))

Well I won't say that that couldn't work for a power hungry one, it's just not that easy. If one hungers for power, he has to do either
a.) establish his own separate group (reducing thereby the gods for his followers to 1, as most sekts do),
b.) to eliminate or at least reduce all the others (like the holy wars)
c.) take all others over into yours as sub-deities (like the saints in christian).
In all ways you end up with a quasi monotheistic one.

Srane that is a logic outlook about main stream religion in the world, and to add those who have high power positions will fear lossing the control or power over those who rely on thier intpertions.
Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

Tsyal Maktoyu

Ghandi said it best - "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

BTW you guys don't mind if I use the Pagan Na'vi sig, do you?

Revolutionist

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling." - Inception

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". - Denis Diderot

Puvomun

Quote from: Tsyal Maktoyu on August 25, 2010, 11:21:12 AM
Ghandi said it best - "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

That is a good quote. I really like it.

You should ask 'I'awn Menari about the sig, it is something she started for the Na'vi Pagan group.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Ean Hufwetulyu

Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

Nusumea Tirea

Puvomun

Ngopyu ayvurä.

'Ì'awn Menari

Quote from: Puvomun on August 25, 2010, 11:42:59 AM
Quote from: Tsyal Maktoyu on August 25, 2010, 11:21:12 AM

That is a good quote. I really like it.

You should ask 'I'awn Menari about the sig, it is something she started for the Na'vi Pagan group.

srane but i wasn't the one who made it XD.  i tried to then failed epically XD.  i believe it was Tompa'ivong who made it.  you'll need to ask them if you can use it ^^. 

ma tsyal i love that quote btw XD.
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D