Could there be an Avatar popularity backlash?

Started by Toruk Makto, February 08, 2010, 04:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toruk Makto

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Rim tsamsiyu

Quote from: Kìte'eyä Aungia on February 12, 2010, 09:00:43 PM
Quote from: Rim tsamsiyu on February 12, 2010, 08:50:41 PM
i kinda felt that way too, what would've happened if we evolved what we needed instead of relied on technology?

Hard question to answer since making and using technology is something we evolved to do. Definitely huge trade offs in both directions though.
i realise.. descended from monkeys after all ... so our race will move towards creating new and better technologies and evolving to become reliant on them. Unless of course we suddenly start developing genetic technologies to 'augment' ourselves.

but i dunno just.... a big "what if" thing i suppose....
'greener pastures" being greener when seen from the other side of the fence and what not

Txontaw

Quote from: Rim tsamsiyu on February 12, 2010, 11:27:52 PM
i kinda felt that way too, what would've happened if we evolved what we needed instead of relied on technology?

Hard question to answer since making and using technology is something we evolved to do. Definitely huge trade offs in both directions though.
i realise.. descended from monkeys after all ... so our race will move towards creating new and better technologies and evolving to become reliant on them. Unless of course we suddenly start developing genetic technologies to 'augment' ourselves.

'greener pastures" being greener when seen from the other side of the fence and what not

Eh, I wouldn't go there. We could get in a huge argument where I say that evolution is stupid, you say it's real, I say everything was made by God, you mention primordial soup, etc, etc, etc.

"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Rim tsamsiyu

Quote from: Txontaw on February 13, 2010, 01:17:39 PM
Quote from: Rim tsamsiyu on February 12, 2010, 11:27:52 PM

Eh, I wouldn't go there. We could get in a huge argument where I say that evolution is stupid, you say it's real, I say everything was made by God, you mention primordial soup, etc, etc, etc.

oh dear yeah...defintely wanna avoid the 'creationism evolution" debate :S done to death that one....
but however you wanna at how we arrive to this point the main idea still remains.