Eywa questions

Started by Col Quaritch, May 06, 2010, 04:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Col Quaritch

Hey my lovable blue people (look I can talk to you with out being mean....for now) I have a question about Eywa (am I spelling that right) What attributes are assigned to this god, correction goddess or what ever. I ask becuase any that saw that last little video I did of magic I have a new one but wish to put avatar spin on it just for my Na'vi friends here on this board. So help me out here, so I can better make a patter (what magicians refer to as the speach for while doing a trick) for you all.

Colonel Quaritch

Ps I still think your a bunch of hometree hugging nanatag kissing bunch of blue monkey :D

Human No More

I don't really see Eywa as a 'god/goddess' - that's a human analogy. Eywa is a biological organism, a sentience on a planetwide scale. Certainly intelligent, and capable of making decisions and intervening either in a small way (atokirina) or taking bigger actions when needed (Angtsik crushing Wainfleet and the other AMP suits and Ikran attacking the Samsons ;D ). Eywa isn't a 'god' in the human sense though, there is nothing supernatural about her nature and she doesn't have any specific powers.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Col Quaritch

wasnt what I was asking since you apparently didnt read the whole message that Im trying to learn something to make something for the group for enjoyment, i personal could care less about the pagan aspect to the whole thing. goddess or amazing computer tree what ever was just wonder what other aspects does the navi see in eywa since they do refer to eywa as her great mother she answer prayers forgive me that dose sound like a deity. so forget the whole topic apparently Im being missunderstood on a simple question I have a few trusted navi friends here I'll just pm. always happens when I post something about navi and I'm not one.

Txur’Itan

That concept of Eywa exists as it would be translated by humans, Speaking English, using theologically generated words.  This early in human understanding of Eywa, the terms might entirely be misnomers, and an anomaly of the language being used.

We connect to people over the Internet, and communicate with this semi omnipresent technology to get to were we want to gain information, learn about our world, and speak to intangible representations of other humans, but we don't necessarily call it prayer to Internet, or IM avatars spirits.

Just prior to the destruction of Hometree, Grace's simplified dissertation goes to this point to Selfridge, even though he dismisses it out of hand.

The jury is still out on Diety, versus Organic Computer.  And it may remain ambiguous throughout the remaining movies, but opinions vary widely on what Eywa is, and I think this is Intentional.

----

Attributes -->

Tsaheylu (The Bond) Eywa seems to receive communication from the Na'vi through the external neural connection that has the English label Queue at this time.

Animal Coercion or Control Eywa has a powerful ability to command the higher animals, for any of which that posses a similar neural connection to the Na'vi.

Storage of the Mind? This is vague, I will simply say, Grace is in there, but we don't know what there is.
私は太った男だ。

Col Quaritch

thats what Im looking for, if theres any more to this let me know I got a wonderful slight I always do and as promised I wanted to do something for my navi friends. Fig Eywa would be a good idea on it.

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

no offence...but mabey you should of read the script.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Col Quaritch

not a huge huge avatar fan to have that just like the movie here to pick a few words and then start that crazy project I'm in. Oh and make fun magic tricks for my friends here. Oh yea got all the info I wanted from it so far as I'm concerned dead topic but I'm sure others will want to discuss this or that, anyways tottles off to make another video to entertian my friends and loved ones (yea you know who you are blue people *wink*)