Five or Four finger?

Started by Eywatanlu, May 24, 2010, 04:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eywatanlu

I realised watching the movie that Jake Sully has 5 fingers in his hands, but Na'vi people only has 4 finger. Why is that? Es debido al ADN humano utilizado para crear los avatares?

Niwantaw

true na'vi only have 4
Only mostly AWOL.

Pxi tahuk

Kaltxi, ma eylan,

If you remember right, when Norm is explaining the Avatars to Jake, he says they are bread from human DNA and the DNA of the Na'vi. The way I figure it is because they have an easy source to human DNA and rather hard way to the Na'vi. The Avatars also have smaller eyes and the nose isn't as cat like aswell. What I have stated before about the DNA would make sense, to me atleast.

Eywa ngahu.

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Well, the way I see it, they kept the Avatar's five fingers to match the neural connections in the human body.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Torukä Nari

Avatars are human DNA mixed with Na'vi DNA, so that the avatar drivers could link to their avatars, so that their nervous systems are in tune... or something. Although the Na'vi DNA is mostly dominant, the human DNA affects a few things, such as eye size and number of fingers.
<-Please click and click on all my dragons, to help them grow.

Rain

Put your hand flat on the table, and lift your ring finger. Then, fold your middle finger under your hand and try to lift your ring finger again. The tendons in your ring finger are dependent on the tendons in your middle finger for motion. And since I agree with Tukruyä Tsamsiyu, it's probably to keep from getting that my-fingers-feel-taped-together feeling and to match up with the neural connections and keep from inhibiting manual dexterity.
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine