How Avatar Changed my life

Started by Dracoti, October 21, 2010, 06:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracoti

I haven't a clue if this is the right section to post this but I really don't give !%#@.

It's been 8 months now? since i've seen Avatar. (december or januari).
I didn't watch it again, since the first time it really f*** me up and I simply don't want that again.

Since then my lifestyle has changed a bit. although I stopped practicing the language after a few weeks (due to me being a retard but also school and the language barely existing at the time) I did continue with some other trends, for one I've completely changed my diet from not only an omnivore to a vegetarian diet (and I must say that now I feel alot better in every way possible because of this). but also alot less sugary bites and such, before I ate maybe 1-3 bags of sweets a week, croissants or crisps to hardly any of those now (note* I was a fit person).
I've also become a more stable and focused person since.
albeit the few weeks trecking alone through europe and now university (first year) have really aided me in achieving that, the ''movie'' was certainly in the background (like what to ''stabilize and what to focus on*).

I now also go by the 2 rule rule:
1: every single living organism has the exact same right to live.
2: an organism superior (stronger, more important, rarity,bigger, etc) to another may kill the less superior being as long as it's actions are just. and what just is, is not for me or you to decide, but try to imagine what '''' would see as just.

now, i'm christian from birth,though this reminds me of boeddhist (not 100% sure) and I certainly do not have a problem with that, and neither should my religion.

for a third and final: when I was trying to learn Na'vi I didn't think it was very hard. now people often talk about ''what the most important language is in the world''  many would say english, spanish,french or chinese (cantonese?).  poeple have discussed what language should be the inernational language. but how do you choose? it's not fair to ask everyone to learn english, cause then english speaking people dont have to do anything. if it's chinese- same story.
then I thought: why not a language everyone has to learn? so I thought perhaps a dead language like roman, but since the romans didnt have any history in the far east or the america's that wouldnt be fair either.

till I came to the conclusion: yes you've guessed it!

no you haven't
not navi :P

Simply a completely new language, created by all the worlds most senior linguists. that would be fairest and best see :)

ok that's my life story of the last 8 months, ok bye :)

P.S hopefully i'll produce enough hate messages for a lifetime  ;D

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Dracoti on October 21, 2010, 06:04:25 PM
P.S hopefully i'll produce enough hate messages for a lifetime  ;D

HRRRH ;D

Very fascinating story...

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Sa'vitri

Not a "flamer" post at all.  Very thought provoking.  I had to think a bit because my first answer was to say that I hadnt changed because of the movie but it's been a couple of months since I have seen it and I forgot that right after by 1,000th vieiwing of the movie that I looked at other living organisms in a much different way...more respect.  I'm not randomly stepping on some bug that I consider to be in "my" way.   I have recently changed my diet , too, to a more healthier one but that is in direct result of having read Eat To Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman.     For me I think having seen Avatar allowed me to look at this planet in an entirely different light and to not take for granted the destruction that we are wreaking on it.
You have a strong heart....BUT STUPID LIKE A CHILD!

Kìte'eyä Aungia

I now also go by the 2 rule rule:
1: every single living organism has the exact same right to live.
2: an organism superior (stronger, more important, rarity,bigger, etc) to another may kill the less superior being as long as it's actions are just. and what just is, is not for me or you to decide, but try to imagine what '''' would see as just.

Doesn't the second rule contradict the first one?

And sorry, but these seem like pretty bad rules to go by in the first place. Aren't they essentially saying that only strong and important people have a right to defend themselves?

Human No More

You do know the Na'vi are omnivores? hrh :P

I know what you mean though... Avatar has inspired a lot of change for myself, for me it's mainly more in terms of the environment, although it's also something more subtle, about my opinions on humanity and society in general and how it makes me sad how some people live, I was always a bit of a misanthrope but Avatar certainly increased that :). Also, I finally decided on a tattoo I want :)
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Seze

When I was trying to learn Na'vi I didn't think it was very hard. now people often talk about ''what the most important language is in the world''  many would say english, spanish,french or chinese (cantonese?).  poeple have discussed what language should be the inernational language. but how do you choose? it's not fair to ask everyone to learn english, cause then english speaking people dont have to do anything. if it's chinese- same story.
then I thought: why not a language everyone has to learn? so I thought perhaps a dead language like roman, but since the romans didnt have any history in the far east or the america's that wouldnt be fair either.

till I came to the conclusion: yes you've guessed it!

no you haven't
not navi :P

Simply a completely new language, created by all the worlds most senior linguists. that would be fairest and best see :)

That sounds a lot like Esperanto.

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Human No More

From what I understood, the intention was a new language, not one based on existing languages. The truth is, esperanto is very flawed, it's based on various european languages and is much easier for some people to learn than others.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman