Images of Avatar World at WDW in 2017

Started by Vawmataw, November 19, 2016, 10:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynxcat

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 21, 2017, 11:56:14 AM
Quote from: Lynxcat on June 21, 2017, 11:41:34 AM
Quote from: Kawnu on June 21, 2017, 06:37:48 AM
Legal? What are you talking about? Why wouldn't it be legal?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

They don't let people cosplay to Disney and I can understand why; It would ruin the magic for the audience in different ways. Though you can get your face painted like the Na'vi and other Pandora-inspired designs at "Colors of Mo'ara".  :)

I don't really know what you mean by ruin the magic and I don't really understand why.  Unless we're talking about legit loincloth + bodypaint players.  People have varying opinions on this.  In the US, generally people have a big thing against public nudity or near-nudity (and body paint does not count as clothing).

What I mean by this for example is, lets say there's someone who dresses as a Na'vi to Disney, but their costume isn't the greatest when it comes to detail, makeup, and props, causing it to look tacky or cheap to others. It's not like a Jedi or Darth Vader-type character when you can buy the costumes online premade and have them still look good and professional (And they don't even let you dress as Star Wars characters either so..). Besides, if they do hire actors to play as Neytiri or Jake for special meetups for the kids (Which they have been considering), it wouldn't seem as exciting or special to the children if there's cosplayers walking around too.  I personally would rather have no cosplayers allowed and then have actors play as these characters with professional costumes and makeup. It would seem more special to the children and even to older fans of the franchise. I have nothing against body paint, and nor do I see it as nudity. I just think it's a more professional move on Disney's part.  :)
Uniltirantokx fmawn! :) :ikran: http://avatarsequels.com/

Ertew

Oops. I forgot to mention that i mean legal/illegal illegal cosplay inside Disney kingdom. I'm sorry  :-[

Almost any type of cosplay are allowed for children. IIRC children must be under 13y.
For adults Disney described what are allowed and what are banned. For example leggins and t-shirt with matching color are OK, stripes on fabric should be OK. IMHO loincloths are banned, even over leggins. Same for face paiting. Headpiece, tail and ears should be banned too, but we can purchase them on local shop so who knows.

What about "Colors of Mo'ara"? Face painting are done by one of staff, not by machine. And face painting are legal for children, not for adults. If adult get partial face painting from one of staff - it's legal. If staff say no, we must respect that  :(
So far I found only few videos from Colors of Mo'ara, all with children. Only adults with painted face are staff.

I wonder what staff will do when Mr. Avatar appears.
Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

Lynxcat

Quote from: Ertew on June 21, 2017, 02:13:47 PM
Oops. I forgot to mention that i mean legal/illegal illegal cosplay inside Disney kingdom. I'm sorry  :-[

Almost any type of cosplay are allowed for children. IIRC children must be under 13y.
For adults Disney described what are allowed and what are banned. For example leggins and t-shirt with matching color are OK, stripes on fabric should be OK. IMHO loincloths are banned, even over leggins. Same for face paiting. Headpiece, tail and ears should be banned too, but we can purchase them on local shop so who knows.

What about "Colors of Mo'ara"? Face painting are done by one of staff, not by machine. And face painting are legal for children, not for adults. If adult get partial face painting from one of staff - it's legal. If staff say no, we must respect that  :(
So far I found only few videos from Colors of Mo'ara, all with children. Only adults with painted face are staff.

I wonder what staff will do when Mr. Avatar appears.

They allow adults to get their faces painted too if that's what you're wondering. I've seen a lot of posts on Instagram of adults with their faces painted like Na'vi and other patterns from Colors of Mo'ara. So yeah, children can dress in outfits but adults can't. Oh well..
Uniltirantokx fmawn! :) :ikran: http://avatarsequels.com/

Ertew

Thanks for information. So We have access to nice face painting. There are also full spectrum of nice accessories available at shop (except tails)  :)

If t-shirt and leggins at shop are available at adults size, cosplay this way may be legal  :toruk:
Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.