Jake Ikran Name ?

Started by Hufwe ta'em, December 07, 2010, 10:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Yeah, its probably gonna be until the sequel til we find out, there's no mention of a name in either of the extended cuts either.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Lolet

Quote from: Truro (Tìvawm'ia) on December 08, 2010, 04:10:10 PM
Quote from: Eyamsiyu te Atxkxeftukyal Mesuteteng'itan on December 07, 2010, 08:46:04 PM
Maybe this is just me, but I feel like, knowing Jake, I might know a name he could have used...

There's a bit of a backstory as to why I thought of this name.  When Neytiri first mounted Seze in Kelutral, and there was the momentary foot shot, her foot movement and the ikran's breathing made me immediately think "motorcycle."

With that said, if Jake thought anything like I did, he probably would have named his ikran "Harley." XD

But most likely not...

I like this idea :3 Would be cool. Or maybe "Tom"? After his brother.

Obviously also hoping a canon name will show up in the sequel! :D

Maybe he didn't even name it. Maybe he just thought of it as "my ikran". That's how I think of some of my pets. Though I think he called it "boy" at one point.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Lolet te Maticay Irana'ite on December 27, 2010, 10:55:38 PM
Maybe he didn't even name it. Maybe he just thought of it as "my ikran". That's how I think of some of my pets. Though I think he called it "boy" at one point.

Sran, it did seem like Jake was treating his ikran much like a pet...

...but for us to not hear how he named it...

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Human No More

I discussed that before, about how at that point Jake skill had a partly skypeople-like attitude at that time, but that did go later, so I'd guess even if he didn't straight away, he would have eventually.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

I think Harli is a very good and funny suggestion  ;D. Well thought, ma Eyamsiyu.

QuoteSeze and Jake's ikran... could there have been something going on?

HRH  ;D! Well, one wonders...

Btw, speaking of which, what does the Ikran mating practises look like? Are they polygamous or monogamous?
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

I don't think we really know. Unless its in the ASG.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Amaya

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on January 01, 2011, 07:13:19 AM

Btw, speaking of which, what does the Ikran mating practises look like? Are they polygamous or monogamous?

Given that they make an exclusive bond with their rider, it would make sense that they be monogamous as well...but then again who knows?

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Amaya on January 01, 2011, 02:25:19 PM
Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on January 01, 2011, 07:13:19 AM

Given that they make an exclusive bond with their rider, it would make sense that they be monogamous as well...but then again who knows?

I would agree with you on that!

Human No More

Yeah, it would make sense, especially if the ikran of two mated Na'vi would then mate.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Ekirä

Quote from: Human No More on January 03, 2011, 06:24:46 PM
Yeah, it would make sense, especially if the ikran of two mated Na'vi would then mate.

Like arranged marriage? ;) No, I'll keep my mouth shut on this. :P

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Quote from: Ekirä on January 03, 2011, 08:12:18 PM

HRH, that's nice...bet the ayikran like that. ::)

Lolet

Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on January 03, 2011, 10:52:22 PM

Maybe they always do what their parents tell them.

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Lolet on January 03, 2011, 10:54:48 PM
Quote from: Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan on January 03, 2011, 10:52:22 PM

Maybe they always do what their parents tell them.

Na'vi: Hey, see that one over there?
Ikran: SHRIEK!!
Na'vi: Go get her!

XD

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Toruk Makto

Unless they try to kill each other first...  :)

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Markì on January 04, 2011, 07:47:23 AM
Unless they try to kill each other first...  :)

I don't think that would happen... they sure weren't fighting each other when Jake went to get his ikran (talking about before he went out from behind the rock face).  I suppose that's another thing Cameron has on his plate: overall fauna life.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

Tawtirea

Guessing what he might name his ikran from the facts known about him can be amusing. Seeing how connected Jake became with nature makes me assume that he might've named his ikran something that has to do with nature. There's only one way to find out and that's to wait for the sequel and listen close to find out if they mention a name.

archaic

I'm going go go with 'Toothless' After the famous cartoon movie dragon from a series of movies, starting with .....

Which are still big enough 120 years later to be one of Jake's favorite movies.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Amaya

Quote from: archaic on January 04, 2011, 05:33:43 PM
I'm going go go with 'Toothless' After the famous cartoon movie dragon from a series of movies, starting with .....

*grins* personally I like "Luke" from...well, anybody who's read my fic knows where I got that name from ^_~ once again, a series of movies which are still big enough (or infamous enough) 150 years later to be among Jake's favourite movies. ;D ;D :-*

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

QuoteI'm going go go with 'Toothless' After the famous cartoon movie dragon from a series of movies, starting with .....

Quote*grins* personally I like "Luke" from...well, anybody who's read my fic knows where I got that name from ^_~ once again, a series of movies which are still big enough (or infamous enough) 150 years later to be among Jake's favourite movies.  ;D ;D :-*   

Well, to spin-off on that, i'd say he would have named it ``Robin Hood´´, since he is the most played movie character ever (i think it was about 115 times  :o!)

Or...

Well, his Ikran is blue so perhaps he named it just that: Blue  ;D.

Nah, too simple probably  :-\.

Or...

Maybe he felt sentimental and simply named his Ikran: Lor. Or Neytiri  :P.

Sorry folks! I'm out of ideas!
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Eyamsiyu

IDK if it's been mentioned... but what if he named it after his brother?