Lol im such a stupid face

Started by Sezetirea216, October 30, 2011, 10:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Seze Mune on November 02, 2011, 03:05:56 PM
Quote from: Vawm tsamsiyu on November 02, 2011, 03:01:02 PM
How would he go blind? Does their optic nerve go from the eye through the tswin and back to their brain?

Neither.  IN the case of humans, it's a joke.  In the case of Na'vi it would be figurative in the sense that they might mess up an ability to have connection to Eywa.

Another possibility: The Na'vi don't like it when you play around with your tswin because they consider it rude.

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Human No More

It's called a throwaway joke.

The Na'vi wouldn't dislike it, because that makes zero sense. They all have a queue and they aren't ashamed of any part of themselves like humans.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Seze Mune

Quote from: Human No More on November 03, 2011, 04:42:30 AM

The Na'vi wouldn't dislike it, because that makes zero sense. They all have a queue and they aren't ashamed of any part of themselves like humans.

Probably not, but they aren't above critiquing something/someone on their appearance.  Wasn't there a deleted scene with Mo'at and Eytukan or Tsu'tey discussing Jake's avatar appearance...his eyes being too close together or something?

Kamean

Quote from: Seze Mune on November 03, 2011, 11:28:11 AM

Probably not, but they aren't above critiquing something/someone on their appearance.  Wasn't there a deleted scene with Mo'at and Eytukan or Tsu'tey discussing Jake's avatar appearance...his eyes being too close together or something?
His eyes are too small.
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Kamean on November 03, 2011, 02:47:21 PM
Quote from: Seze Mune on November 03, 2011, 11:28:11 AM

His eyes are too small.

Yup, there is that deleted scene.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Sezetirea216

Lol i totally didnt mean to make that post a double meaning, thats just what i say to people. Btw dont hammerheads have queues? So theoretically a na'vi could tsaheylu whith any fauna on pandora with a queu right? Wonder if its ever been done before
Oe mäkxu ma nikre ne'ìm ulte kulat

Seze Mune

Quote from: Sezetirea216 on November 05, 2011, 11:20:03 AM
Lol i totally didnt mean to make that post a double meaning, thats just what i say to people. Btw dont hammerheads have queues? So theoretically a na'vi could tsaheylu whith any fauna on pandora with a queu right? Wonder if its ever been done before

Sturmbeests do not appear to have a neural whip, and Avatar Wiki doesn't mention that yerik have them, although there is at least one pic of a yerik which appears to show these appendages behind the fan-like scent organs.  A pic of the hammerhead titanothere appears to show bilateral neural whips behind the hammer and slightly above the eyes, but no mention of them is made in the biology on Wiki or Pandorapedia.  The tetrapteron doesn't appear to have a neural whip -unlike toruks and banshees- and it doesn't have six appendages, either.

The prolemuris has only one neural whip, which Avatar Wiki speculates, "Unlike other pandoran animals, prolemuris have only a single neural queue and a small amount of hair on their head. This indicates that prolemuris could be a "link" between the Na'vi and other pandoran animals."

And Pandorapedia adds, "...the upper bones of the arms have fused, enabling mobility as they navigate through the trees. (Xenoiologists [sic] believe that this may be an evolutionary precursor to the four-limbed Na'vi). One digit is a four-jointed finger topped with a human-like fingernail; the other is a two-jointed thumb that is adapted for clasping tree limbs and vines."

Never heard any speculation about tsaheyl si with a prolemuris or a titanothere.  An interesting thought leading to several funny scenarios in my little mind. :D

Sezetirea216

actually the tetrapteron does have six appendages, it has two feet and four wings

Seze Mune

Quote from: Sezetirea216 on November 05, 2011, 02:15:40 PM
actually the tetrapteron does have six appendages, it has two feet and four wings

Well, in that case I think it actually has 8 appendages....four wings, two legs and a couple of strange tendril-like appendages near what look like its shoulders, just above its ribcage.  They don't look like neural whips, though, because they seem to have elbows.

Sezetirea216

Maybe those tendril things r for grabing onto foliage when they land in a tree

Kamean

Quote from: Sezetirea216 on November 07, 2011, 07:03:47 PM
Maybe those tendril things r for grabing onto foliage when they land in a tree
Or mate? :P

Seze Mune

Does make one wonder what they do with those things when they land somewhere.  :D

Kamean

Bind to the branches, when they sleep? :P

Seze Mune

Well, yeah.  That would be weird.   I could see a treeful of ayayo, suspended like bats from branches...

archaic

Well I still think they might be aytswin.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Carborundum

We learn from our mistakes only if we are made aware of them.
If I make a mistake, please bring it to my attention for karma.

archaic

You are right, I was thinking ayswin for tetrapterons collectively.

FTFY?
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Carborundum

Quote from: archaic on November 09, 2011, 04:31:31 PM
You are right, I was thinking aswin for tetrapterons collectively.

FTFY?
JFGI ;D

Nah, I'm just pulling your leg. It means Fixed That For You.
We learn from our mistakes only if we are made aware of them.
If I make a mistake, please bring it to my attention for karma.

Sezetirea216

Considering.tetrapteron spend most of their time in the air like the ikran, they probably dont need super efective feet/hands. Theres this one scene where Grace is like "keep up guys"! When they r first in the forest and a "flock" of tetrapteron take flight from a tree and it looks like they were laying on the tree, clinging onto the lichen

Seze Mune

Quote from: archaic on November 09, 2011, 03:36:14 PM
Well I still think they might be aytswin.

You could be right.  Musing about it, I'm finding it odd that ANY tswin would have a kink in it like an elbow, though. Plus, it's not located in the head area like everything else's.  But who knows?