Memorizing dialogue

Started by `Eylan Ayfalulukanä, January 14, 2012, 03:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Here's a question I have been thinking about all day: Has anyone here memorized all of the Na'vi dialogue from Avatar?

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Not all of it, but some.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Ikran Ahiyìk

Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

Nyx

Not really memorized, but I can do the lines just before they come up. People seem to hate it when you do that. I can't see why, hrh :P

Sezetirea216

i caaaann woop woop i said every word in the movie while i watched it and i didnt enjoy it very much, it gets tiring around the first ten minutes. when my dad let me watch it on his flatsccreen he got mad at me cause i would always say the words :)
Oe mäkxu ma nikre ne'ìm ulte kulat

'Oma Tirea

Memorized, but I don't easily recall the lines on my own.  And now that you bring this up, I wonder what that great legend alu Technowraith would answer....

Quote from: Nyx on January 16, 2012, 03:17:08 PM
Not really memorized, but I can do the lines just before they come up. People seem to hate it when you do that. I can't see why, hrh :P

Probably because it ruins the experience for them, especially if they've never seen the movie before ;)

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Nyx

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on January 17, 2012, 12:35:42 AM
Memorized, but I don't easily recall the lines on my own.  And now that you bring this up, I wonder what that great legend alu Technowraith would answer....

Quote from: Nyx on January 16, 2012, 03:17:08 PM

Probably because it ruins the experience for them, especially if they've never seen the movie before ;)

Hmm.. no, not buying that theory ;)

Haha, Technowraith should be able to re-enact it all by himself :D ...let's get him to do that, I know I'd watch

It does actually ruin the experience for me. When I watch Avatar I'm watching Avatar not listening to someone talk even they're quoting the movie.

-Txonä Rolyu

Ikran Ahiyìk

This would however ruins the experience of someone who just started their first of first few viewings...

We can't get our best feelings because we can't stop ourselves popping up all those lines, scenes and sounds to our mind..
Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

Tirea Aean

I have done this. it is quite helpful. memorize the canon and corpus as well. SUPER helpful. ;)

Kamean

Sezetirea216

i would never recite the lines while someone was watching avatar for the first time :( to not allow them to be enveloped by the fantastic world of pandora would be totally mean. brw does anyone know what jake says as as the link tube is closing, when he connects to his avatar for the first time?
Oe mäkxu ma nikre ne'ìm ulte kulat

Tirea Aean

Kiss the darkest side of my lily white ---

Kamean

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 21, 2012, 01:57:18 PM
Kiss the darkest side of my lily white ---
I always like this quote. ;D

Stranger Come Knocking

Are we talking just Na'vi lines or the whole script?  Just the Na'vi lines, I know them when they come up but cannot say right off-hand.  As for the whole script, not a chance. o_0
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Kamean

Of course about Na'vi lines. ;)

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

I have not memorized any dialog (I've heard that a lot of it is incorrect)
We visit our neighbor Mo frequently and watch TV.  He is always interjecting lines he has memorized in EVERY movie we watch including Avatar.  It messes up the timing and the whole ambiance.  On the other hand, Niri Te and I are recognizing lines in Na'vi and we make exclamations when we understand dialog. AND I never can repress a joyful shreik when the aymoktoyu are plummetting down a cliff face and under the spray of crashing surf!

Niri Te

Ateyo is going to do a large, (I guess 3' by 4') oil of the scene where the surf is flying over the side and top of the Ikrans flying low over the water after they dive from the cliff face. She is a FANTASTIC fine artist. The man that we bought our land from has two large copies of works by Gaugan that she did in his living room.
Niri Te
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Quote from: Niri Te on February 11, 2012, 04:17:51 PM
Ateyo is going to do a large, (I guess 3' by 4') oil of the scene where the surf is flying over the side and top of the Ikrans flying low over the water after they dive from the cliff face. She is a FANTASTIC fine artist. The man that we bought our land from has two large copies of works by Gaugan that she did in his living room.
Niri Te

Oh my I can't wait to see that!

//Offtopic

-Txonä Rolyu