AVATAR 2 release delayed till 2016 :(

Started by Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì, January 12, 2012, 06:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

http://www.movieweb.com/news/avatar-2-release-pushed-to-2016-says-jon-landau

Last January, director James Cameron revealed he is planning to release Avatar 2 in December 2014, and Avatar 3 in December 2015. It seems that timetable has moved up a bit, since producer Jon Landau revealed that Avatar 2 won't be ready until 2016. Here's an excerpt from the article.

"According to Landau this morning, the first sequel is 'four years away.' So that's 2016 by a literal count, though we could be bendy and assume that Christmas 2015 would also be an option. Expect Avatar 3 a year later, as the performance capture and cinematography would take place back-to-back with the second film."

We also reported in September that James Cameron wants to shoot Avatar 2 at 60 frames per second, as opposed to the industry standard 24 frames per second. Jon Landau revealed that James Cameron is committed to the higher frame rate.

"Landau promised that Avatar 2 was going to showcase advanced technology, from the 3D camera system used to the CG and performance capture, but also in terms of a higher framerate. This, he says, is the new frontier that he and Cameron are most interested in pushing."

This is sad. Very sad only! :'(

-Txonä Roylu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Irtaviš Ačankif

Well, then there is time for us to LEARN MORE NA'VI before James Cameron steps in and throws at us things like Beyda'amo (no offense)  ;D

I'm pretty unsure though about some of the Na'vi mistakes in Avatar 1, like having the case endings all wrong (Kelutralti skiva'a, ikranti makto etc) and seemingly having actors totally unaware of the stress (Tsawl NÌtxan NANG! SEvin NÌtxan lu AYnga NANG! and the ubiquitous iKRAN). Did Frommer actually write the entire Na'vi script? Or did some of the scenes added after Frommer wrote all the sentences down use conjectured sentences from JC & Co? Since it's hard to imagine Frommer not marking stress or using wrong case endings for the whole movie.

Back on topic, well I'll have a better excuse to edit AVATAR 1 more...by the way is buying a license from 20th century fox to legally redistribute modified versions of AVATAR 1 super expensive? Or do you just need to sell it at the retail price and pay royalties? I mean seriously...now we have time to dub the entirety of AVATAR in Na'vi or something!
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Tirea Aean

i feel like i saw this posted somewhere else already...

EDIT: I did. http://forum.learnnavi.org/avatar-2/2014-nope-(/

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Oh. I didn't know someone had posted it in an already existing thread. Oeyä tìkawng. Tstu soli.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi