Na'vi tattoo

Started by Unilsyulang, June 28, 2010, 12:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puvomun

Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on January 26, 2011, 05:58:29 PM
So whats with the red flames. I love the tat. I've been trying to decide on what to get.
They remind me of the destruction of Hometree, I know, not one of the most fun parts of the movie, and also the ikran emerging from the flames mean something to me as there is a reference to a very crappy part of my life that I came out of. For me there is a connection between these two things.
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Zefanaya

Nice, I understand. I'm going through some things my self. Eywa ngahu.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Puvomun

Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on January 26, 2011, 11:05:35 PM
Nice, I understand. I'm going through some things my self. Eywa ngahu.
Good luck getting through what is bothering you, and also on deciding what you want to have under ink. Think well, as it is something you will carry with you for a long time.
Eywa ngahu, ma tsmukan

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Zefanaya

Irayo ma tsmukan. Right now I know I am getting something niNa'vi and some image, I am still really thinking about the Ikran. I have to get it mid-upper back though, my work does not permit visible tattoo's.

Human No More

Hmm, mine has a meaning for myself too, although mine is perhaps a little more obvious, it's me losing this tawtute skin and showing my real skin, as I woke up, over a  year ago now.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Zefanaya

Quote from: Human No More on January 27, 2011, 10:55:08 PM
Hmm, mine has a meaning for myself too, although mine is perhaps a little more obvious, it's me losing this tawtute skin and showing my real skin, as I woke up, over a  year ago now.

Indeed. I understand the symbolism. I think I would pick the Ikran because it represents so many things. Strength, challenge, skill, elegance, courage, and grace. Most of all, freedom. Wether it be from governments or the shedding of an old life and begging of a new one.

Puvomun

Obvious or not, as long as you get the meaning, that's magic. Be happy, brother! Blue skin rules!

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

Quote from: Puvomun on January 28, 2011, 10:23:29 AM
Obvious or not, as long as you get the meaning, that's magic. Be happy, brother! Blue skin rules!
i second that  ;D

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on January 27, 2011, 11:29:45 PM

Indeed. I understand the symbolism. I think I would pick the Ikran because it represents so many things. Strength, challenge, skill, elegance, courage, and grace. Most of all, freedom. Wether it be from governments or the shedding of an old life and begging of a new one.

That's awesome, ma tsmuk! :D

hehe It definitely does! ;D I also second what you said. :)

I don't know if this fits well into this thread (I guess perhaps just halfway hrh), but I got a tattoo idea by surfing on the net!
I'm confident, since a couple of months now, that I'd really wanna have one word or a few words tattooed in the Tengwar (Elvish) alphabet. I would mainly want the 'text' to represent or refer to my exchange experience of 10 months in Germany, which has been the best time of my life. :) As I looked for inspiration on Tengwar-translation forums, I've seen that someone had requested Oel ngati kameie to be translated in the Elvish alphabet for a tattoo! :o And it gave me the idea that I could perhaps integrate Na'vi into my concept as well! :D By writing a reference to Germany in Na'vi transcribed into Elvish, I would have three of the most important things in my life all in one single tattoo. ;D O': What do you guys think? :) hehe

Txura Rolyu

Its your body. If you think that none of those things are going to change in your mind as something that you dont like anymore then I say go for it.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Human No More

Go for it ;D

I'm already thinking about my next tattoo, although it likely won't be for a while (skypeople and their money... such a problem :( ).

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Zefanaya

Srane, it does.

Ean Hufwetulyu

Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

I love tattoos (currently have three) and I would love to get a tattoo similar to this but I haven't decided whether or not to get tats on my arms (I hate that visible tattoos/a lot of tattoos make people judge you) but if I were to get something similar, it may be on my thigh or something- now THAT would look cool :]
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Jane MacMillan

Wow, that looks beautiful. I can't think of a good symbol for an Avatar tattoo for myself, but those stripes sure look tempting. A very clever idea and great execution by your tattoo artist.

Human No More

Quote from: Ney'ite Ateyo on February 07, 2011, 12:36:46 PM
I love tattoos (currently have three) and I would love to get a tattoo similar to this but I haven't decided whether or not to get tats on my arms (I hate that visible tattoos/a lot of tattoos make people judge you) but if I were to get something similar, it may be on my thigh or something- now THAT would look cool :]
People already judge me because I have long hair and like different music to them. Tattoos are just another thing - anyway, one thing I have ALWAYS had as a philosophy in my life is that anyone who decides they don't like me for one of those reasons really isn't worth my time.  haven't met anyone who was actually negative about me simply because I have a visible tattoo, or at least they didn't show if if they did, not that it really bothers me anyway.
Anyway, so far I have still had only positive and neutral reception of my tattoo (neutral being 'what's that tattoo'?) :)

...now I want to get my other arm done... I need money :(

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

- Richard P. Feynman

I definitely agree with that, I'll never waste time on someone who judges me for my lip piercing or my three (soon to be more) tattoos.  :D

Kxeyo

Quote from: Ney'ite Ateyo on February 11, 2011, 12:27:30 PM
I definitely agree with that, I'll never waste time on someone who judges me for my lip piercing or my three (soon to be more) tattoos.  :D

Concerning that...maybe I'll open a thread. ::)
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

a thread to see who judges me?  ;D

Zefanaya

Yes, what kind of thread.