Na'vi tattoo

Started by Unilsyulang, June 28, 2010, 12:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puvomun

Quote from: Eyamsiyu on February 12, 2011, 04:01:12 PM
Well, should I get one, basically I would want a Na'vi with bow and arrow in hand.  However, instead of an arrow ready to fire, it would be a drumstick.  and it would be aimed at a drum...

Something modeled after this...

The Star would be a drum...
Looks very nice. I see the idea and that would really work. Very cool. :)
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Pretty soon, you will be like an acquaintance of mine, and fellow Nevadan and cat person, Dennis Avner. (I'd love to do a lion which is my totem animal, but they don't have any real markings. And my 'mane' is almost gone.)

http://www.stalkingcat.net/

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Neyn'ite Te Tsahìk Txeptsyìp'ite

ma Eyamsiyu, I was thinking about getting Neytiri with her warpaint aiming a bow :D
old gallery link?id=2025[/img]

oel ayngati kameie, ma aysmukan sì aysmuke, Eywa ayngahu.
oeyä tsmukan, ma Nick, oeru ngaytxoa livu. nìmwey tsurokx. nga yawne lu oer.

Lisa

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on February 18, 2011, 02:40:17 PM

Whoa!  That is really impressive bodymod!  I have never before seen anything like his whisker implants -- those are amazing.  He is a brave man.... society can be brutal when you veer so far outside the "norm".

How cool that you know him!  I bet he's an interesting person.
Oeru syaw "Tirea Ikran" kop slä frakrrmi layu oe "Grammar Skxawng"   :)

wow, ma Eylan, I've seen him on Ripley's! that's crazy :P

Kxeyo

I don't want to advertise my thread, but this would fit there much better. Anyway, I already quoted the stuff and posted it. Just go here: http://forum.learnnavi.org/general-discussion/the-body-modification-thread!/msg412371/#msg412371
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Human No More

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on February 18, 2011, 02:40:17 PM
Pretty soon, you will be like an acquaintance of mine, and fellow Nevadan and cat person, Dennis Avner. (I'd love to do a lion which is my totem animal, but they don't have any real markings. And my 'mane' is almost gone.)

Impressive, I've seen that before :)

It's really shows a lot of confidence in yourself to do something like that... so far, everything I intend to do is still not that far... But maybe one day I will do more than I think about now, I don't know what's in the future - if it becomes possible to get a tail, I know I'm getting one :)
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Dennis is a person who inspires a lot of confidence. He is not afraid to be in public, because to him, it is perfectly normal to 'be a tiger' wherever he goes. He truly has the same kind of 'connection to life' that the Na`vi have and many here have. In any case, I learned a great about myself from meeting Dennis, and getting to understand the world as he sees it. We are very much kindred spirits in our connections with animals, and especially with cats.

One important thing I have learned from Native American people in general is that there is nothing at all wrong with having a deep connection to nature, even as a professing Christian. My saying to those who would poo-poo this thinking is 'you ought to try it'. I find myself much closer to God when I am close to lions, and it is not because the lions could easily arrange for me to 'meet god' in very short order if they wanted to. It is something much more profound.

Although I don't think I would do it, I think it is really cool that you have done what you have done with your tatoos. It says something very loudly about your core beliefs.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Zefanaya

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on February 19, 2011, 03:22:47 AM
Dennis is a person who inspires a lot of confidence. He is not afraid to be in public, because to him, it is perfectly normal to 'be a tiger' wherever he goes. He truly has the same kind of 'connection to life' that the Na`vi have and many here have. In any case, I learned a great about myself from meeting Dennis, and getting to understand the world as he sees it. We are very much kindred spirits in our connections with animals, and especially with cats.

One important thing I have learned from Native American people in general is that there is nothing at all wrong with having a deep connection to nature, even as a professing Christian. My saying to those who would poo-poo this thinking is 'you ought to try it'. I find myself much closer to God when I am close to lions, and it is not because the lions could easily arrange for me to 'meet god' in very short order if they wanted to. It is something much more profound.

Although I don't think I would do it, I think it is really cool that you have done what you have done with your tatoos. It says something very loudly about your core beliefs.

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31. I see nothing wrong with being close to what God created. He told us to be shepherds of what He has given us. He also did not give us spirits of fear. We should not be easily offended and not feel less of a person for how people see us. No matter what our physical appearance is, we are all children of God.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Human No More

Ah... I'm not religious. No offence, but I really don't see what it has to do with the thread (maybe I have bad experiences from other forums, but I find such things ALWAYS turn into an argument in my experience). You had a perfectly valid point without bringing it up.

Irayo ma tsmukan, that is a real compliment for you to say that though :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

ma Human, mllte- Tirey is speaking as though we all believe in the same god, yet we do not; but I respect his words, because it is true to an extent. our bodies are canvasses, to do what we please with them.

Zefanaya

Quote from: Human No More on February 20, 2011, 10:06:47 PM
Ah... I'm not religious. No offence, but I really don't see what it has to do with the thread (maybe I have bad experiences from other forums, but I find such things ALWAYS turn into an argument in my experience). You had a perfectly valid point without bringing it up.

I by no means wish to offend anyone. I respect you and your beliefs, wether I agree with them is another matter. But I am never going to shove my faith down someones throat. People hate Christians because many of us are hypocrites. Insulting and making people feel insignificant is not a Christian attitude, and any "Christian" acting in such a manner needs a reality check. I have been a member of many forums and never had a problem when talking about my faith, because I make sure that I don't force it down your throat, or act as something i'm not...perfect. I am far from perfect and have no wish to be. If I offended anyone, then I apologize, I respect you and hope you do the same. Eywa ngahu.

Human No More

Quote from: Tirey Hawnuyu on February 21, 2011, 12:28:30 AM
Quote from: Human No More on February 20, 2011, 10:06:47 PM

I by no means wish to offend anyone. I respect you and your beliefs, wether I agree with them is another matter. But I am never going to shove my faith down someones throat. People hate Christians because many of us are hypocrites. Insulting and making people feel insignificant is not a Christian attitude, and any "Christian" acting in such a manner needs a reality check. I have been a member of many forums and never had a problem when talking about my faith, because I make sure that I don't force it down your throat, or act as something i'm not...perfect. I am far from perfect and have no wish to be. If I offended anyone, then I apologize, I respect you and hope you do the same. Eywa ngahu.
I can respect that... apology accepted, and I apologise for getting annoyed in the first place.

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

- Richard P. Feynman

Zefanaya

Apology accepted. Everyone on good terms again? The reason I listed the verse is because it is what is preventing me from getting a tattoo (a long with a few others). I am a pretty spiritual person so I try not to freak out or offend anyone.

Human No More

Hmm, well, here's something I did see (obviously, I skipped over it then as it doesn't apply to me) when I was looking for information before getting my tattoo: http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Tattoo_FAQ#Religious_.28Christian.29_Arguments
It says that getting one is OK and has quotes that apparently back it up. I don't make any claims as to their validity or interpretation (and I find some of the implications of parts of it actually mildly offensive), but it might be worth reading for you. Just thought I'd share it to show there are no hard feelings where I'm concerned.

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

- Richard P. Feynman

Zefanaya

I've read that, I think I will get a temp, you know the kind they use in movies. It lasts about three months and only comes off with alcohol. If I like it, I'll make it permanent. Thanks for looking that up though. :D

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

so today i was talking with my mom and cuz and my cuz has tattoos and he was talking about getting another one and he says 2 me when r u getting a tattoo? and my mom says he doesnt want any and i said well i was thinking about getting one and i told them my idea of the same Na'vi skin as numan no more (i also showed them your pics and they thought it was cool) but on my back and in the form of a palulukan scratch and she didnt even question me or make fun of me about it (like she always does about me trying 2 learn Na'vi)... now i just have 2 really get up the courage (and money) 2 get it hrh

Kxeyo

Scratched backs are murr. ;D

...No, seriously, you should get it done as your mom kinda agrees. Maybe check the price? :P
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

so, unfortunately, my mother found out that i wanted to bioluminence-myself by means i could not discover, so even if there invisible by day and night, she wont let me get it.  :(

still, she said if i still wanted a tattoo, i could get my arm done like jakes by a famous tattoo artist she knows so that when its do it wont look smudged or have any physical error to the naked eye. at least thats something right?

(in order for you guys to get a good image of how good the artist is, ill find the tattoo she got done of my step-father on her left arm. seriously, it doesn't have color but it really looks realistic)

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

nawma skxawng

That is the tattoo i want to get, i have yet to ask my parents though...

[url=http://j.mp/USEastLN][img]http://j.mp/e2FA8X[/img][/url]

'Awvea ultxari ohengeyä, nawma sa'nok lrrtok siveiyi