Na'vi tattoo

Started by Unilsyulang, June 28, 2010, 12:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puvomun

Quote from: Kaiyuri on April 01, 2011, 03:31:21 PM
Thats awesome I'm getting a tribal Ikran with the words Oel ngati kameie around it on my right shoulder this tuesday and I'll get a picture of it and show you guys.
Irayo
Fabulous. Looking forward to it!
And good luck!
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Kaiyuri

ikran tìkawng

irayo  ;)

I brought this model this to the tattooer who modified

I am very satisfied with the result :D
My Na'vi tattoo

Puvomun

Quote from: ikran tìkawng on April 03, 2011, 03:46:28 PM
irayo  ;)

I brought this model this to the tattooer who modified

I am very satisfied with the result :D
Having a professional look at it is always a good idea, especially if s/he wants to work with you and make it just the way you want it. After all, it is for you.

Very nice!

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Zefanaya

I really want that, probably a bit smaller though. I like the black, but how do you think some sort of blue accents would work?
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Puvomun

Quote from: Zefanaya on April 04, 2011, 07:28:43 PM
I really want that, probably a bit smaller though. I like the black, but how do you think some sort of blue accents would work?
That could be very nice, yes. Do you already have an idea on how to add these accents?

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Zefanaya

Quote from: Puvomun on April 04, 2011, 11:59:56 PM
That could be very nice, yes. Do you already have an idea on how to add these accents?
Nope, looking for ideas.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Puvomun

Quote from: Zefanaya on April 05, 2011, 12:58:23 AM
Quote from: Puvomun on April 04, 2011, 11:59:56 PM
Nope, looking for ideas.
You could make some parts of the ikran blue. Or make a "thick" black outline of (some of) the larger parts and fill those in with blue. Or have the black ikran but make a kind of "shaded" area in darker blue to give it a bit of a 3D look.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

ikran tìkawng

The ideal would be to leave a base and to make several different models until find the ideal mode
My Na'vi tattoo

Puvomun

Quote from: ikran tìkawng on April 05, 2011, 12:01:00 PM
The ideal would be to leave a base and to make several different models until find the ideal mode
That is what I did with a graphics program. I just played with ideas. Got me to what I have now. :)

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Human No More

That's the way to do it, when you have the consultation with the artist then they will also be able to discuss any details then, they will draw how it will be in the end

Anyway, I thought I should take a few pictures of mine again since I only took a few when it was healed.

"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Puvomun

Quote from: Human No More on April 05, 2011, 01:20:27 PM
That's the way to do it, when you have the consultation with the artist then they will also be able to discuss any details then, they will draw how it will be in the end

Anyway, I thought I should take a few pictures of mine again since I only took a few when it was healed.
Absolutely. Playing with graphics (I just found stuff on the web and went to work with that) gives you ideas you can't think of in your head. It is a very visual way of doing. My artist also put the finishing touch on it. That's what he is good at, and they love doing that custom stuff.

And I must confess, ma Human No More, that I have been thinking about getting a small one like you have, on the inside of my right forearm... Your tattoo is so fracking cool... Would you mind? Just asking, since this is your idea.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

ikran tìkawng

Not bad but photos are vague

Could you make it of the clearest and smaller rutxe :)
My Na'vi tattoo

Human No More

It's a little hard to take good photos myself, especially just with my phone. I've resized them though, if that helps:

I do have this one though:

Quote from: Puvomun on April 05, 2011, 01:27:12 PM
And I must confess, ma Human No More, that I have been thinking about getting a small one like you have, on the inside of my right forearm... Your tattoo is so fracking cool... Would you mind? Just asking, since this is your idea.
Of course not, as long as you don't directly copy the shape or markings :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Puvomun

Quote from: Human No More on April 05, 2011, 01:53:27 PM
Of course not, as long as you don't directly copy the shape or markings :)
Thanks! And that 2nd picture is amazing.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

ikran tìkawng

Say I Human No More, kept silent risk not to like it not more on the long term?
My Na'vi tattoo

Ftiafpi

Loving the 2nd picture, it looks really good.

Human No More

Quote from: ikran tìkawng on April 05, 2011, 02:50:51 PM
Say I Human No More, kept silent risk not to like it not more on the long term?
That would mean me forgetting what Avatar means to me, which I can honestly say will never happen. This shows I am as much Na'vi as human :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

- Richard P. Feynman

ikran tìkawng

OK, I hope that you will be proud of it as long as possible :)
My Na'vi tattoo

Ftiafpi

Well, given we all have two more films (and possibly books, other media, and so on) to look forward to over the next 5-6 years I doubt any of us are going to lose the Avatar bug anytime soon. Besides, no matter what it's a darn good tattoo.