Nobody gets avatar jokes!

Started by Sezetirea216, November 05, 2011, 02:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sezetirea216

I was at this party and had just gotten a blue feather in my hair (in honor of the na'vi) and my friend who supposedly loves avatar complemented me on it. She was like (wow nicole blue is a very nice color on you, you should wear it more often" and the entire time im smiling with a "dont u get the joke" smile and Im like "why thank you, I like to think so" and she keeps saying stuff that practically ANYONE of you guys would laugh because its related to avatar. So finally she asks why im smiling and i explained the joke and she didnt laugh...
Oe mäkxu ma nikre ne'ìm ulte kulat

Seze Mune

Quote from: Sezetirea216 on November 05, 2011, 02:10:24 PM
I was at this party and had just gotten a blue feather in my hair (in honor of the na'vi) and my friend who supposedly loves avatar complemented me on it. She was like (wow nicole blue is a very nice color on you, you should wear it more often" and the entire time im smiling with a "dont u get the joke" smile and Im like "why thank you, I like to think so" and she keeps saying stuff that practically ANYONE of you guys would laugh because its related to avatar. So finally she asks why im smiling and i explained the joke and she didnt laugh...

Perhaps to grok a Na'vi joke, one has to have an exceptionally nuanced sense of humor?  ;)

Sezetirea216

I hope nuanced means distinguished

Seze Mune

Sezetirea216

Human No More

It's a bit hard to guess "Na'vi" just from the colour blue without any context...
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Sezetirea216

Well yeah, I guess so, but I like to think my friends have grasped just how in love with this movie I am  ;D

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

I now have an inside joke with a couple friends on my campus about bushing hair LOL. We were talking one night at dinner abut my Avatar fandom and the conversation got to the 'don't play with that, you'll go blind' scene and I explained how the queue is NOT how they have sex, it's just a neural connection that takes them to a higher sense of pleasure and one of my friends asked, 'So would it be considered jacking off if they brush their hair?' Ohhh I lol'd so hard! The rest of the night (and the rest of the semester) was (and will be) filled with 'brushing your hair' jokes. Lawlz! And the people I was talking with aren't even in the community, they're just friends I have here at school!

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

archaic

I'll never look at a hairbrush the same way again.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Kamean

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on November 29, 2011, 03:02:00 PM
I now have an inside joke with a couple friends on my campus about bushing hair LOL. We were talking one night at dinner abut my Avatar fandom and the conversation got to the 'don't play with that, you'll go blind' scene and I explained how the queue is NOT how they have sex, it's just a neural connection that takes them to a higher sense of pleasure and one of my friends asked, 'So would it be considered jacking off if they brush their hair?' Ohhh I lol'd so hard! The rest of the night (and the rest of the semester) was (and will be) filled with 'brushing your hair' jokes. Lawlz! And the people I was talking with aren't even in the community, they're just friends I have here at school!

-Txonä Rolyu
Hrh ;D
Awesome :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Sezetirea216

OMFE I laughed soooo hard that I fell of my bed and continued to bray like a donkey for like five minutes

Txur’Itan

Skyperson1: When you tickle a thanator tongue, make sure its sleeping.
Skyperson2: Why?
Skyperson1: They like it.
Skyperson2: Thanks!

Next Day

Skyperson2: You are pretty mean. Why did you tell me to tickle a Thanator?
Skyperson1: Why do you ask?
Skyperson2: It bit my arm off, I am lucky to be alive you prick!
Skyperson1: That means he liked it.
Skyperson2: Liked it?!?! He ate my arm!!!!
Skyperson1: If he didn't like it, he would have spat it back in your face.
私は太った男だ。

Toruk Makto

-Txonä Rolyu

"If you brush it too long, you're just playing with it."

New Na'vi proverbial phrase?

ta Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Sezetirea216

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Toruk Makto on November 30, 2011, 07:35:57 AM

-Txonä Rolyu

ta Markì

HAAAHAHAHA!!!! I love that!  ;D ;D ;D

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: archaic on November 29, 2011, 04:52:06 PM

I thought exactly the same.  ;D

Sezetirea216

Lol Seze mune I finally found out what nuanced meant and you r correct, I don't gave a tendacty to just state jokes outright, and I forget that my friends r not aware of how deep my love for avatar runs :) like liquid honey y in my veins

xelloss

Kaltxì ayngaru

Quote from: archaic on November 29, 2011, 04:52:06 PM
I do not comb over  :o

Earth, in a court.
The judge asked the witness if he is able to recognize her attacker.
The witness replied : I can not, he had a mask  :o :o  ;D ;D

haryu-lekoren ayngahu frakrr !
Le premier homme qui est mort à du être drôlement surpris.
Partir c'est mourir un peu, et mourir c'est partir beaucoup.
La Terre est basse.
Les lénitions, en rouge

Le Na'vi fpi Ayskxawng 2022

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on December 01, 2011, 02:11:35 AM
Quote from: Toruk Makto on November 30, 2011, 07:35:57 AM

-Txonä Rolyu

ta Markì

HAAAHAHAHA!!!! I love that!  ;D ;D ;D

-Txonä Rolyu

* 'Oma Tirear fì'u sunu

;D 8) ;D

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Sherilyn

LOVE the jokes, ma eylan!

We throw "blue moon" jokes around here.  You know how (in the States at least) saying "once in a blue moon" is supposed to mean something which happens very rarely?  Daughter (who's 10), said something to the effect that Pandora doesn't have that problem, there are lots of blue moons there.  "Moon" (again, in the States, not sure about elsewhere) is another word for "txìm".

Which reminds me of another joke:

Tawtute introducing a friend to a group of Na'vi: This is my friend, Tim.
Group of Na'vi:  Bwaaa-haaah-haaaa-haaa!  FOLROG  (Falling Off Log, Rolling On Ground)

I think, for that very reason, there should be a character called "Tim" in the next film.   ;D