Not just a movie to JC

Started by Toruk Makto, November 14, 2013, 07:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toruk Makto

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Tìtstewan

Quote[...] one which he believes it is essential that we all wake up to before it's too late.
^Absolutely THIS.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

CyanRachel

Irayo, Marki, for posting the link to that article.

Good for JC!  :D
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Kamean

Ma Toruk Makto - irayo fot that article! :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

archaic

Yes, thank you for posting, fascinating.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Niri Te

So then why didn't J.C. portray the Na'vi as Vegetarians, instead the Omnivores, which is more in keeping with the original diets of most, if not ALL the natives that I am related to, or know, anywhere on the Planet?
Niri
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

archaic

Um, well because humans are naturally omnivorous?
With plant material forming the bulk and 'meat' an occasional contribution.
Obviously different peoples will have differing ratios, form the (theoretically) 100% vegetarian of Niri Te's relatives to the Eskimo's in the north having a fully animal based diet.
Remember, Chimpanzee's are omnivorous, they hunt, kill and eat animals.

Niri Te

I don't know WHERE you got that my Relatives were almost 100% vegetarians. MY family, I, and most in my Clan, (Cherokee have Clans too), are about 80% CARNIVORES. What I said was, "instead the Omnivores, which is more in keeping with the original diets of most, if not ALL the natives that I am related to," (you SEE, OMNIVORES, are the ones that I am related to),  "or know, anywhere on the Planet?" (The native OMNIVORES, are the ones that I know, as is stated in my next part of the statement).  "the Omnivores, which is more in keeping with the original diets of most, if not ALL the natives that I am related to, or know, anywhere on the Planet?"
With ME, and my immediate family, if it DIDN'T BLEED FIRST, it probably won't get much space on our  plates.
Niri "FANGS" Tawä

archaic

Forgive me, I misread your post, my bad.

Niri Te

It's cool, with my Aphasia, I word things funny, so it might have been hard for you to understand me. It's cool.

Reiey fpi Sìtaron

Quote from: Niri Te on December 01, 2013, 05:26:13 PM
I don't know WHERE you got that my Relatives were almost 100% vegetarians. MY family, I, and most in my Clan, (Cherokee have Clans too), are about 80% CARNIVORES. What I said was, "instead the Omnivores, which is more in keeping with the original diets of most, if not ALL the natives that I am related to," (you SEE, OMNIVORES, are the ones that I am related to),  "or know, anywhere on the Planet?" (The native OMNIVORES, are the ones that I know, as is stated in my next part of the statement).  "the Omnivores, which is more in keeping with the original diets of most, if not ALL the natives that I am related to, or know, anywhere on the Planet?"
With ME, and my immediate family, if it DIDN'T BLEED FIRST, it probably won't get much space on our  plates.
Niri "FANGS" Tawä

One only has to remember that it was whites hunting the buffalo to extinction that was key to the downfall of the plains tribes. Meat was clearly their main food source.

I read somewhere that indigenous people's diets are on average 50% meat, 25% vegetables (including roots and leaves) and the other 25% varying between fruits, nuts and fungi. This is the diet I'm aiming for.

I can understand why JC is doing this, but at the same time I very firmly believe that humans should be omnivores. I used to try being entirely carnivorous, but found myself craving fruit and vegetables (and even leaves  ;D).

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Interesting. I can't fully fathom JC's reasoning for being vegetarian, but its his right to do so.

I like the 100% carnivore diet, and don't miss fruits/veggies (which I really don't like anyway) at all. However, recent health problems have not only prevented me from doing this diet, but also required cutting way back on protein. This is very unhealthy for me, and I gain weight like crazy.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]