'Ì'awn Menari

Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Ean Hufwetulyu

Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

Puvomun

Pagans to Pray for Earth's Healing from Oil Spill

Follow the link for an article about how Pagans are putting in their powers of prayer, meditation and rituals to do something about the oilspill in the Gulf.

Not quoting text here, respecting the notice at the bottom and I don't want to waste time asking for permission.

Please, if any of you here do prayer, meditation or forms of ritual, join in. It is not "some kind of Pagan voodoo" (Dr. Grace Augustine), but a serious attempt to pitch in. Connect through Eywa. Our world needs every bit of help it can, and don't we know it.
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

'Ì'awn Menari

Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Puvomun

Ngopyu ayvurä.

'Ì'awn Menari

Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Rain

Quote from: Puvomun on June 19, 2010, 11:07:05 AM
Please, if any of you here do prayer, meditation or forms of ritual, join in. It is not "some kind of Pagan voodoo" (Dr. Grace Augustine), but a serious attempt to pitch in. Connect through Eywa. Our world needs every bit of help it can, and don't we know it.

Also, they are accepting volunteers and full-time cleanup crew workers. The pay is almost twice minimum wage ($7.50/hour). I'm all for prayer, but I have always found that hands-on work gets the job done ten times faster. People are seriously selling their homes and moving to Louisiana to help clean up this mess. Nìrangal Oe kirvä fohu!
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Puvomun

Quote from: Rain on June 19, 2010, 07:43:27 PMI'm all for prayer, but I have always found that hands-on work gets the job done ten times faster. People are seriously selling their homes and moving to Louisiana to help clean up this mess. Nìrangal Oe kirvä fohu!
I fully agree, hands-on is the fastest way. Going into the woods with a waste bag and pick things up works better also. But there are a few here who are not on the right continent, and then alternative ways of help is the next best thing. ;) I'd love to help 'for real' also.

I have friends in Florida who are already helping, cleaning up tarballs and saving turtles. Eyawr tìkangkem.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Tompa'Ivong

just to bring up a ray of awareness, the press briefly mentioned about the amount of natural gas (mostly methane) being released into the ocean, this in turn is eaten by microbes which create hypoxic(lack of oxygen) waters, or dead zones within the ocean, the really bad thing about the issue with the dead zone is it won't shrink very much over the years due to the proximity of the gulf stream.

"peu to fwa tskxefa ayuti ska'a lu sìltsan? Tskxe a kllkxem ulte fpi nga ayuti ska'a.
—Toggo, goblin weaponsmith

Rain

What about somehow forcibly stirring the water around to disperse these "dead zones"? Or would that just spread the problem around...And what if the methane began to rise to the surface and threaten the shoreline?
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Puvomun

Quote from: Rain on June 20, 2010, 09:15:17 PM
What about somehow forcibly stirring the water around to disperse these "dead zones"? Or would that just spread the problem around...And what if the methane began to rise to the surface and threaten the shoreline?

Srane. Methane is a gas, so I would say it will rise to the surface, and from there it would take to the sky. So many things to take into account with that... if the methane stays under the oil slick, it might be less harmful, but then the sea's ground dwellers would die because they can't find food. Or the methane can't leave the water as there is a layer of oil on the surface, and affect all life that way (including that sunlight will be blocked to enter the water, causing more damage still).

Why do these skxawng treat this world as if they have a spare one lying around... >:(

(The sour part of this all is that the same oil probably powers several units over the internet which allows us to meet here...)

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Tompa'Ivong

Was reading on Facebook, know a good friend that knows alot about what goes on behind the scenes

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/76/057/Scientists_Warn_Gulf_Of_Mexico_Sea_Floor_Fractured_Beyond_Repair.html

http://nannystateliberationfront.net/2010/06/12/obama-issues-executive-order-mandating-lifestyle-behavior-modification/

I am in considerable shape despite my weight, been cycling for 10 years, I am probably around 20% body fat despite being near 200 pounds, and nearly all that mass is in the lower body.

yes, and nuking the well isnt totally out of the picture as the russians have said, 80% success rate 4/5 wells sealed, not totally outta the option

"peu to fwa tskxefa ayuti ska'a lu sìltsan? Tskxe a kllkxem ulte fpi nga ayuti ska'a.

Puvomun

Quote from: Tompa'Ivong on June 21, 2010, 12:23:16 AM
http://beforeitsnews.com/news/76/057/Scientists_Warn_Gulf_Of_Mexico_Sea_Floor_Fractured_Beyond_Repair.html

yes, and nuking the well isnt totally out of the picture as the russians have said, 80% success rate 4/5 wells sealed, not totally outta the option

So depressing. Let's damage the earth some more to see if we can undo the other damage we did. As if it can't get any worse.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Tompa'Ivong

its one of those hard ethical decisions, two wrongs dont make a right, as to them torching the sea turtles, that is just downright evil, yet they claim insolvency due to the oil spill.  There has been so much incompetence on BPs part that it would take them a millenia to get their reputation back, the deathblow has been dealt

maybe explosives are not outta the question, non nuclear of course, something that has a very high yield could in theory do it

Puvomun

Quote from: Tompa'Ivong on June 21, 2010, 12:50:04 AM
its one of those hard ethical decisions, two wrongs dont make a right, as to them torching the sea turtles, that is just downright evil, yet they claim insolvency due to the oil spill.  There has been so much incompetence on BPs part that it would take them a millenia to get their reputation back, the deathblow has been dealt

maybe explosives are not outta the question, non nuclear of course, something that has a very high yield could in theory do it

And so mankind has once again found a way to meddle with forces they do not understand.

"There's millions of gallons of oil gathering in the hostile's camp... And after we hit it, we've blown a hole in their racial memory that they won't dare to come within a thousand kliks of that place."

Not to the letter, but this is what they're steering at.

Well done, mankind. Making our beautiful earth our beautiful enemy.

Eywa ayoeng-ti

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Tompa'Ivong

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

I still think Obama had the well blown up so he could go after big oil. But thats just my conservative side speaking.

What we need to do is make more of those natural oil-emulsifying bacteria. Sure, they deplete to oxygen level in the water, but its a toss up. Do you want the orange LSD-patterns of oil on the Gulf or an minor oxygen deprivation that would probably naturally reverse itself within 5 years.

Another problem is the methane. It's kind of a good thing that they declared that area over the Gulf a no-fly zone because large methane coulds can actually shut down aircraft engines and that would lead to more loss of life.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

'Ì'awn Menari

this reminds me of something i wrote as a sophomore in High school (that was two years ago...)
i can't remember it word for word, but it's along these lines...(if i find my original copy i'll post it)

the earth is crying, cause she knows what will happen.
her pain fills my soul,
the sorrowfilled cries of the souls of those past, those present, and those yet to come fill my ears
and burden the heart.
(and i can't remember the rest of it)
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Ean Hufwetulyu

Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.